The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Aristocracy

Buckingham Palace Floor Plan.

Here is a detailed Floor plan of the Queen's suite in BP!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Presentation3.jpg
Views:	4219
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	278784  

Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Aristocracy

The Queen's Private sitting Room.

Here are two photo's of the Queen's private sitting room in BP.
The first one is from 1914,when is was Queen Mary's sitting room, the second from Queen Victoria's reign.
This is the bow room on the north side of the palace.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bpr1.jpg
Views:	1413
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	278918   Click image for larger version

Name:	bowroom.jpg
Views:	1329
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	278919  

Old 08-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Aristocracy

An exterior view of this room.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	postcard.jpg
Views:	3317
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	278920  
Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Aristocracy

Apologies if this is in the wrong place

I visited Buckingham Palace yesterday and it was amazing. It still feels rather surreal that I was there but if anyone is umming and ahhing about going, it is well worth it. I suppose my only complaint was that we couldn't take photos inside but the main things I definitely want to remember can be found online. Already planning our visit for next year as I want to see the diamond collection.

The individual exhibitions were absolutely fantastic.

We had assumed that we were going to be pretty much pushed around at a fast pace but got no sense of that (apart from perhaps in the Faberge exhibition) and could easily have spent longer there.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Commoner

Has anyone have pictures of Yellow Drawing Room in BP? this room is on the south - east wing of the palace.I have only seen this pics :

HM The Queen's Christmas Message 2004:

19th century view of the room:

There's a small view of the room in "The Queen by Rolf"
Old 09-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Courtesy to YouTube's account of MyDigitalRealm, I was watching a real nice video ( I think is from BBC)
here is the links :)

Old 09-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Aristocracy

WOW! Thank You MagMil for posting this! I have a soft spot in my heart for BP, and I really enjoyed this program! Thanks again, and please share again!
Old 09-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips
I visited Buckingham Palace yesterday and it was amazing...
Aww your so lucky I have never visited a palace or even London but I really wish to do both soon it would be a great delight as a royal fan to be able to be inside of a palace and my first I want it to be Buckingham and maybe stay in a guest room to feel royal ;D
Old 09-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Nobility

In which room does the Queen normally meet with the PM?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
In which room does the Queen normally meet with the PM?
Queen's audience room, first floor, in north - west wing of the palace, near her private apartments.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/fi...onqueen111.jpg
Old 09-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was in London yesterday and made a detour to go past Buckingham Palace as I had never seen it in real life before. (I know, and I call myself a Royal fan?) The palace is beautiful, but you know what I was very shocked by? How small the balcony looks...When you see the entire family on it, many extended members also, on it for Trooping the Colour it looks HUGE...but in real life it looks so much smaller. My friends and I were all very shocked. I also noticed the different initials of some of the Monarchs who had lived there, noting V.R on one of the entrance pillars. What an amazing piece of history. I really wanted to visit inside but obviously that comes at a cost and I did not have time to do so. Maybe next time...

What I did notice were a lot of cars parked in the grounds, do they belong to staff members? I can't imagine they belong to the members of the family who have offices there, but I could be wrong. There was some "expensive" cars there.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil
Courtesy to YouTube's account of MyDigitalRealm, I was watching a real nice video ( I think is from BBC)...
Thx so much once I saw that there was a video on you tube about Buckingham palace I watched it right away and I love how I get to learn a little history of the palace, and on the channel they have holyrood house and Windsor castle and I love the series I totally recommend this to anyone wanting to see these places and learn their history
Old 10-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Serene Highness

Wait I just wonder with so many royals and the palace having a history I wonder if like the white house if Buckingham palace is haunted because I am sure royals were born here but also died.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Majesty

Edward VII was born and died in BP. He is the only monarch that I can find that died there - Victoria died at Osborne and Georges V and VI at Sandringham. In face Edward so far is the only monarch actually born there - George V was born at Marlborough House, Edward VIII was born at White Lodge, Richmond Park, George VI at York Cottage at Sandringham and the present Queen at 7 1Bruton St in Mayfair. Charles, was also born at BP.

Of course others have been born there and presumably some of the staff etc have died there but interestingly only one monarch and no consorts.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Queen obsessive Robert Moore's body lay 100 yards of Buckingham Palace for 3 YEARS | Mail Online
Old 10-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Courtier

I saw that article; in some ways, it's rather shocking. In other ways, not really. Forested areas generally aren't "walked" frequently unless it's part of a harvesting and benchmarking exercise.

Still....wow. A lonely death.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post

Still....wow. A lonely death.

That is exactly what I thought, poor guy.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Nobility

Where do the Royals and their staff park their cars at Buckingham Palace? The Royal Mews?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Buckingham Palace 'could be turned into museum when Prince Charles becomes king' - Telegraph

The Prince of Wales is considering uprooting the Royal family from Buckingham Palace and turning it into a museum when he becomes king, a new book claims.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

DM says it will be a hotel,
Buckingham Palace could be turned into a hotel when Prince Charles is King | Mail Online

Tags
castles, homes, palaces, residences, royal residences

« Windsor Castle | - »