The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2019, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-team-members/

Anne has apparently moved her team out of BP into St James to allow for the renovations of BP. The change of her official office has been noted by her engagements now being listed under "St James' Palace" rather than "Buckingham Palace" in the Court Circular.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

This move must have taken place between the 23rd and 29th January. Her engagements on the 23rd were listed under BP. She had no engagements on the 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th or 28th but the engagements on the 29th were listed under St James'. The rest of the family, who usually work out of BP are still listed under BP. It will be interesting to watch when they change and whether Anne moves back.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe Anne had a few days off engagements to allow for the move.

Personally I wonder if Anne will move back, without being disrespectful the reign of Charles can't be that far away and would he want his siblings having their offices out of BP if he makes it his official residence? If I am right Anne actually has her London apartment at St James rather than BP so it has actually probably made life a little easier for her.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Maybe Anne had a few days off engagements to allow for the move.

Personally I wonder if Anne will move back, without being disrespectful the reign of Charles can't be that far away and would he want his siblings having their offices out of BP if he makes it his official residence? If I am right Anne actually has her London apartment at St James rather than BP so it has actually probably made life a little easier for her.
I think, in the long term, the issue of where her office is will be based on space constraints. The BP renovations are a decade long process, and I am sure, in time, Andrew and Edward will need to move their offices out. Difficult to tell at this stage if some of these end up at SJP (not sure if there is space) or at KP. Also, not quite sure if during the renovations, Andrew and Edward need to temporarily vacate their BP apartments.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
This move must have taken place between the 23rd and 29th January. Her engagements on the 23rd were listed under BP. She had no engagements on the 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th or 28th but the engagements on the 29th were listed under St James'. The rest of the family, who usually work out of BP are still listed under BP. It will be interesting to watch when they change and whether Anne moves back.
No surprise at all to me that Anne was the first to move. "Let's get on with this" is her style.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
No surprise at all to me that Anne was the first to move. "Let's get on with this" is her style.
Yes, always could relate to this style of her personality. Takes after her parents. Don't make a fuss if it must happen, just do it the faster the better.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Yes, always could relate to this style of her personality. Takes after her parents. Don't make a fuss if it must happen, just do it the faster the better.
Not disagreeing with your point about Anne's personality, but I think the sequencing of office moves may have to do with the refurb schedule at BP, and the part of BP that may have needed to be renovated. My guess is not all siblings have their offices in the same part of BP.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
the sequencing of office moves may have to do with the refurb schedule at BP
I agree, works on this scale have precise schedules and timings, and the removal of the Princess Anne's offices will be in accordance with [and pursuant to] these plans.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if Anne having an apartment at St James made is easier to work out where to go where as for the others - Andrew and Wessexes- its a case of finding apartment and offices.
Also it may be easier for Andrew and Weasexes tonwork from Royal lodge and Bagshot which are close to windsor than it would be for Anne at Gatcombe as they wre closer to London.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is a later CC, I believe as neither of my sources have put up the CC since 3rd February, which has her back at BP.

If her office has moved it wouldn't be down to her but to the timetable for the refurbishment.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
There is a later CC, I believe as neither of my sources have put up the CC since 3rd February, which has her back at BP.

If her office has moved it wouldn't be down to her but to the timetable for the refurbishment.
Buckingham Palace
5th February, 2019
The Princess Royal, Honorary Member, the Society of Merchant Venturers, this morning opened the Hilbourne Foundation Building, Colston’s Lower School, Stapleton, Bristol, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of the County and City of Bristol (Mrs Peaches Golding).

Her Royal Highness this afternoon opened SGS Berkeley Green University Technical College’s Gloucestershire Science and Technology Park, Berkeley, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Gloucestershire (Mr Edward Gillespie).

From The Times, so who knows what is going on I agree that any move would be based on the needs and timetable of the refurbishment of BP
Old 02-06-2019, 06:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

I knew I had read that but I don't have access to The Times - it is behind a pay-wall and so rely on two other sources, neither of which have updated since the 3rd. For the British monarchy website that is not unusual - they can literally go two or three weeks without bothering to update (and some years important dates are still not up e.g. 2017 no Trooping the Colour). My other source normally updates within 24 hours of The Times but it also hasn't updated since the 3rd.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

First Day of Spring today and flowers are beginning to bloom in the Buckingham Palace gardens!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1108286885863088128

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2FtySiWwAAKSCz.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2FtySgX0AAd_Nq.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2Ft0N-WoAE7V1j.jpg

And Geese enjoying the gardens!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2FuRsJX4AAAwkM.jpg
Old 03-20-2019, 05:20 AM
Nobility

The person running their twitter account needs to speak with the gardeners before labelling the plants incorrectly!
Old 03-20-2019, 05:36 AM
Majesty

Okay! So long as they got the feathered bird with the bill and webbed feet right we're golden.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
The person running their twitter account needs to speak with the gardeners before labelling the plants incorrectly!
Or the Queen, she seems to know her plants.
Well, they do say that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, nevertheless, in the video they’ve mislabeled a japonica camellia as a rose .
Old 03-20-2019, 12:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Or the Queen, she seems to know her plants.
Well, they do say that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, nevertheless, in the video they’ve mislabeled a japonica camellia as a rose .
There are some grape hyacinths labelled as bluebells! The Queen & her gardeners will not be amused.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
There are some grape hyacinths labelled as bluebells! The Queen & her gardeners will not be amused.
I just noticed that,they might get a telling off from the boss

14 May 1643-Death of Louis XIII de France /Louis II de Navarre
Old 03-20-2019, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

If only they had just stuck to: "And we have some little blue flowers, and some big pink flowers, and...."

In GB of all places, where gardening is a national sport, to not check with someone who could tell a rose from a camellia.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
If only they had just stuck to: "And we have some little blue flowers, and some big pink flowers, and...."

In GB of all places, where gardening is a national sport, to not check with someone who could tell a rose from a camellia.
The person making the film is probably a teenager on work experience.

Tags
castles, homes, palaces, residences, royal residences