Buckingham Palace 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a video of The Royal Navy changes Buckingham Palace Guard for first time.

I'm sure this is a momentous day for the Royal Navy. Those that participated had to have had some really puffed out chests from being so proud to be part of history.

The Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace would definitely be among the top 10 things I'd want to see and do if I ever got the chance to visit London. I don't think there's an American that isn't aware of this traditional display of pomp and circumstance that has become a mainstay of the British monarchy. To illustrate this, for those of you outside of the US, this is a humorous take on this very old and very traditional event.

An Ard Ri:
Thank you so very much for the video, I watched it 2 times and somehow must find a way to keep it here in my library. This is so amazing and the Navy must be very proud to have this opportunity to be on guard for HM. Just wish I could of been there to see it. :flowers:

Easy way to do that sis. Copy the link when viewing it on YouTube and then mail it to yourself in your email.

To view it on YouTube, just hit the square thing at the bottom of the video that begins to play in the thread. That's how I do it. :D

Gads, not being of the scientific mind you want me to do what???????

I also think HM must be very proud of the Navy guarding Buckingham Palace for didn't Charles join the Navy, correct me if I am wrong Okay! I am one that is so pro military for if not for them then so many countries would be over run with the dreads of the middle ages. ;)

Gads, not being of the scientific mind you want me to do what???????

I also think HM must be very proud of the Navy guarding Buckingham Palace for didn't Charles join the Navy, correct me if I am wrong Okay! I am one that is so pro military for if not for them then so many countries would be over run with the dreads of the middle ages. ;)

The royal family indeed has a great history with the navy, the queen can be proud of. Philip served in the royal navy in WWII and they were stationed in Malta early in their marriage. Charles indeed served in the navy. After training and passing out with the RAF, he did his training with the navy and served. He was a trained naval helicopter pilot. Andrew of course spent his military career in the navy, he joined in 1978 and didn't retire until 2001 (23 years).

Its great to see the navy getting the chance to guard the queen :flowers:

Great watching the video and seeing the honor given to the navy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video of the Buckingham Palace Christmas Tree's!

The Band of the Coldstream Guards play Christmas Carols during Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace.

This video shows some of the recent Rewiring work at Buckingham Palace

Rainforest projection on Buckingham Palace for The Queen's Commonwealth Canopy project (QCC), which seeks to preserve precious areas of forest for future generations

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2018/04/15/rainforest_projection_on_buckingham_palace,_london

"Spotted in the Buckingham Palace Garden: a pair of Greylag Geese and their goslings enjoy the sunshine."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjIB5YcAfPd/?taken-by=theroyalfamily

This video shows how Point Cloud surveys are being used to help design changes on Buckingham Palace

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how cool is that? I love that they do this with Buckingham Palace as it adds a bit of "ooomph" to the building. Makes me want to go and find myself a banana. :D

For the first time in its 94-year history, the #RCAF is sending a contingent to the United Kingdom to perform Public Duties for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The contingent's first mount takes place June 25, 2018. #RCAFProud

Via RCAF Twitter

Video

The Royal Canadian Air Force will mount the guard at Windsor Castle and BP. Last summer the honour went to the Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry.

Well I hope our news or lifestyle programmes here will show us some of what they do.
That is if the Royal Canadian Contingent will be doing any public duties.

For the 1st time in its 94-year history, the Royal Canadian Air Force has taken part in the Changing of the Guard in London and is now serving as the Queen’s Guard.

@RCAF_ARC members from across Canada are here, led by Maj Véronique Gagné from 400 Tactical Helicopter Squadron.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Via Thomas Daigle Twitter

Today the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) mount the prestigious Queen’s Guard at Buckingham Palace and St James’s Palace for the first time in their history.

As Commonwealth allies we both share a strong bond and the same values. #Canada #RCAF #Britisharmy #HouseholdDivision

Video

Via Army in London Twitter

Video: Theme from Game of Thrones

Via Royal Family Twitter

Last edited:
Many thanks for the link. The Queen and Prince Philip will find this technology fascinating.

Tarlita, I believe that Prince Philip wanted to make changes in Buckingham Palace decades ago for efficiency.

Yes i believe parliament has taken too long to decide and find the allocated funds for the renovations. But i did read an article that said they were going to wait until the queen no longer uses the palace to start renovations.

It's not as if BP doesn't pay for itself either as they rake in many millions each year, from open days. Not to mention the amount generated by tourist dollars of visitors to the capital each year. The amount was mentioned during the lead up to the wedding but i forget now how much they said.

It will be very sad if dear Prince Philip doesn't get to see the finished result.

As they are saying it will take 10 years to complete the refurbishment I really doubt that Philip will see it completed. Knowing that these things usually run over schedule it is probably that The Queen won't see the finished product either - sadly.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...lace-move-10000-artworks-during-refurbishment (Aides seeking storage for items to be removed from east wing as part of 10-year project) Article published 28th June, 2018

Thank you Cyril and thank you Bertie, especially for the link.
I remember reading about the problems renovating Frederik VIII palace at Amalienborg for Fred & Mary. Last done in 1935. They found dry rot and wet rot and all sorts of problems. Needed a new roof too.
These lovely buildings are never cheap to maintain and always run over budget with a full reno. Especially as they don't know what other problems they will encounter.
You never know they may find a secret room or stairwell as the Russians often have.
Well it has to be done.

Aretha Franklin Tribute at Buckingham Palace.
On my news tonight they showed the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace on Friday and The Band of the Welsh Guards playing Aretha's song R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

I thought how lovely and thoughtful. I wonder who's idea it was. And people who stopped to watch clapped after the performance.
So nice to have some touching news like that.

That was a very nice gesture on the day of the funeral.

:previous: Thanks for the images. Now I am consumed with curiosity about how bright/light this room actually was. The watercolors make it look like a glorious light filled room of joy. The Getty pic, though decidedly ancient (relatively) looks gloomy to me. Old photos were tricky. Hmmm.

The watercolor is gorgeous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom