The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-31-2014, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

who knows, i guess it's good exercise for someone her age and it's very gentle on the articulations, so i'd say it's possible she uses it, but maybe not much.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I actually visited Buckingham Palace yesterday and not last weekend as I had posted on another thread a while ago, since something went wrong with the booking. I thoroughly enjoyed it although particularly liked the Royal Childhood exhibition. The videos were delightful (I won't mention what was in them just incase anyone here is planning on going to the exhibition), and I thought it was nice how they showed the tartan pinafore/dress that Lady Louise wore in this photo. It was lovely close up.

I'll post the next part of my post in this thread since I don't have a lot to say here. I also visited Clarence House, which was interesting, and it was fun to see all of Charles and Camilla's books in the bookcases. I also learnt that Prince George visits his grandparents every Sunday at Clarence House, which I didn't know beforehand.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 08-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Serene Highness

thank you for sharing your experience and your views!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I actually visited Buckingham Palace yesterday and not last weekend as I had posted on another thread a while ago, since something went wrong with the booking. I thoroughly enjoyed it although particularly liked the Royal Childhood exhibition. The videos were delightful (I won't mention what was in them just incase anyone here is planning on going to the exhibition), and I thought it was nice how they showed the tartan pinafore/dress that Lady Louise wore in this photo. It was lovely close up.

I'll post the next part of my post in this thread since I don't have a lot to say here. I also visited Clarence House, which was interesting, and it was fun to see all of Charles and Camilla's books in the bookcases. I also learnt that Prince George visits his grandparents every Sunday at Clarence House, which I didn't know beforehand.
Hope you enjoyed your royal visits ,I'd love to see both Buckingham Palace and Clarence House!
Old 08-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

Those visits must have been an amazing experience for you and would definitely be on my list of places to go if I was ever to be in London.

Sunday visits to Grampa and Gramma just sounds too cozy for words. It also reinforces just how close knit of a family they are.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Majesty

Royal police protection officers investigated over weapons-
BBC News - Royal police protection officers investigated over weapons

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

In Royal Palaces, it was stated:

The Green Drawing Room, once Queen Charlotte's Salon, acts as an assembly room for functions in the Throne and Music Rooms. It seems at first more gold than green - the predominant color, except for the silk wall panels and pelmets.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Aristocracy

A Royalist’s guide to London: Buckingham Palace
Quote:
The Queen’s primary London residence stands proud at the end of The Mall in central London, flanked by Green Park and St James’s Park.

Buckingham House, as it was known before becoming a Royal residence, was bought by George III in 1762 as a private residence for his wife, Charlotte, and their family, close to St James’s Palace (the official seat of The British Monarchy).

It was remodelled for The Queen and her brood, and then some more when George IV took to the throne. He spent hundreds of thousands on the house and designer John Nash lost his job thanks to the extravagance and cost of the work.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

This was on the news tonight, the Dancing Guard. I did not catch it when it first surfaced...
Dancing Buckingham Palace Guard Could Face Disciplinary Action - ABC News

Tags
castles, homes, palaces, residences, royal residences