Balmoral Castle

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really would love to live there, would never leave as I love old stone homes of any size, castles or huts.......this place is dreamy all the time, summer, autumn is out of the world and winter is breathtaking while spring shines.........most gorgeous place on earth IMO.

I don't believe that Balmoral is all that charming or comfortable. I think It still has a lot of the old style decoration.. and I don't know if it is all that warm in winter...

I have seen many pictures of that *old style* decorations and they are just my cup of tea, makes me warm and fuzzy for it reminds me of my grandmother, so let me have it all. Cold in the castle, no big deal, winter is my time of year, bring the snow and ice and cold on and if I need to get warm in the castle, lite a fire in the fireplace and wear sweater and let me have hot tea........suits this lady just fine........won't change a thing there......oh, a warm bath before bedtime with a heating pad.......who cares if it is cold out....:lol:

I'd imagine this time of the year is exceptionally beautiful and colourful at Balmoral as Autumn is in full swing.

Wow thats pretty as a picture! It is magical looking place.

Perfect scene for the Balmoral Christmas cards :previous:

:previous:
So spooky looking Eya, and another one to save. It is still the most gorgeous place in the world to me, spooky is okay as I like ghosts and goblins and candy corn with bobbing apples.:flowers:

That would make a brilliant Halloween card it captures the spirit of a cold foggy autumn morning.

And after Balmoral by morning now and Balmoral by this afternoon!

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=990260fff05fba3ad001b6ca1bfc1325&oe=5C8A05C9

Another beautiful afternoon at Balmoral Castle.

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=a1d19461b3fa5e80c8961abc28acc3e3&oe=5C73394E

Afternoon light at Balmoral Castle today.

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=a11d209acd56352bcf1f120972ceafa8&oe=5C6C6996

A fresh dusting of snow at Balmoral this morning.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuijGUpXgAAfGcz?format=jpg&name=medium

The low winter sun on Balmoral Castle this afternoon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwFrifIWoAIH-p9?format=jpg&name=large

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many staff and villagers who live on the estates permanently.

Charles and Camila are at Balmoral in January - staying at Birkhall of course.

The main homes are also open to the public - to raise money for the running of the estates.

The grounds of the Sandringham Estate are still open even when HM is in residence. Only closed on Christmas Day.

The UK's right to roam laws mean that these estates can't be closed to people who want to walk all over the 'walkways' or 'footpaths'.

There are many staff and villagers who live on the estates permanently.

Charles and Camila are at Balmoral in January - staying at Birkhall of course.

The main homes are also open to the public - to raise money for the running of the estates.

The grounds of the Sandringham Estate are still open even when HM is in residence. Only closed on Christmas Day.

The UK's right to roam laws mean that these estates can't be closed to people who want to walk all over the 'walkways' or 'footpaths'.

Although my favorite royal residence is Windsor, I would love to visit Balmoral during the winter and summer. It look like a very fascinating place. I have to make it over to U.K. just for these visits.

Wow. So beautiful!

What a beautiful view of the castle on a cold winters day.

:previous:

Again you show the most magical place on earth in all her glory.......that to me is heaven on earth and would never leave it I could live there.......

That's a magical picture. I'm waiting for Beauty and the Beast to appear on the driveway.

That's a stunning wintry scene at Balmoral today.

What a fantastic, magical picture!!!

Shame it's February because that photo would've made for a great Christmas card photo! Our garden here just outside of London has now been covered in a light dusting of snow after a rainy day.

My problem w/ this scheme, if in fact it exists, is that it seems rather short sighted of Charles. It may be his personal desire based on his and Camilla's preference for the smaller Birkhall - but who knows what the future will bring, does he really want to forever give Balmoral away - depriving Prince George and his children of part of their heritage? What of when William is King perhaps he will want to host his brother and favorite cousins and their families at Balmoral, after all William and Catherine attended college in Scotland. Is Charles' goal to leave no personal real property to his heir and descendants?

Didn't George VI have to buy back Edward VIII's interest in Balmoral at great personal expense to avoid having the estate leave the main line of the Royals? What has changed since then that makes jettisoning the estate a good idea now?

I suppose since Balmoral is the Queen's personal estate she could leave Charles a life estate in Balmoral w/ the remainder to William when he becomes King thereby depriving Charles of the ability to give the estate away.

I doubt anything will happen with the Castle without a group descision between Charles, William and Harry about the matter... Maybe they share the view that Balmoral Castle should be given to the nation and make Birkhall the main residence there instead... Maybe they rather want a summer home in a warmer climate than in the scottish highlands ? We don't know...

It wouldn't be a unique move. Edward VII bought Sandringham as his summer home as Prince of Wales and continued to use it as King, while he gave away Osbourne House upon the death of his mother Queen Victoria.

I can see Charles and Camilla wanting to spend more time at the Castle of Mey during their annual summer holiday when they become the Royal Couple.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom