The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Duke continued their tour of sports venues by visiting the Tollcross International Swimming Centre. Here the Royal couple met volunteers and athletes, and watched some of the swimming races-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's final engagement of the day was at the Commonwealth Games Village. The Royal couple met athletes from across the Commonwealth, before attending a lunch-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, HM's just having a good time, isn't she?

Queen shows off her photobomb skills at Commonwealth Games | FOX Sports

Old 07-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Queen struggles to watch Commonwealth Games behind enormous hat | Mail Online
Old 07-24-2014, 05:18 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen photobombs Australian hockey team's selfies | Mail Online

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/commonw...games/28464014
Old 07-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
What an incredible achievement for him at such an early age? What event does he participate in?
200 and 400 metres on the track.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

How priceless is this!?! Talk about a heck of a keepsake and the sheer delight and, dare I say, wee bit of mischievous delight on her face says it all, doesn't it?

Not a bad start for Team Canada w/a Medal of every colour after Day One. After watching Day One from the pool...Holy Woowza that's a really fast pool. I can see more than a few WRs falling by the wayside by the end of the meet. I think, IIRC, there were at least five Cdn Records smashed and that's only Day One!! Going to be fun to watch!! :rubbing hands in glee:

Oh and just like every major Intl Swim Meet I watch....I may only remember odd snatches of Advance Australia Fair now, but by the end of things, I'll have relearned the whole thing once more. Until next time that is. :) I like singing along w/other Countries National Anthems if I know. To me it shows respect to the Athletes, regardless if I'm at the event or watching on TV or online.

Of course Oh Canada is my favourite one to sing, but that's no shock I'm guessing.

Speaking of Anthems...I heard Jerusalem used for Team England and The Flower of Scotland for the host Team, but my Dad wanted to know about Wales and Northern Ireland's Anthems, but I didn't have a clue. Anyone know and Thanks in Advance!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-25-2014, 01:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Northern Ireland is the Londonderry Air.

Wales uses Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau (usually loosely translated into English as Land of My Fathers)
Old 07-25-2014, 02:17 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Of course Oh Canada is my favourite one to sing, but that's no shock I'm guessing.
Mine too and I'm an American.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Royal Highness

Did HM stand on purpose behind the team? The pic is quite funny and has spread into the whole world
Old 07-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
Did HM stand on purpose behind the team? The pic is quite funny and has spread into the whole world
No I think it was just a coincidence and that makes it even more funny
Old 07-25-2014, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I heard on my radio this morning that the 2 Aussie hockey players knew that door that Queen came out of was in their photo so they could see that the Queen was behind them thru the phone camera. The fact that she smiled totally makes it great.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
No I think it was just a coincidence and that makes it even more funny
Ok. The picture is nonethelesse quite great.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Sophie, Countess of Wessex and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex cheers on the English cyclists at the Chris Hoy Velodrome in the Emirates Arena during the Commonwealth games on July 24, 2014 in Glasgow, Scotland.

Arrivals at the 20th Commonwealth Games - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 07-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

What awesome pictures!! Really love the Games shirt Sophie's wearing, then again I've always loved that look. Glad to see it's coming back in style.:)

Old 07-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Edward and Sophie watched England beat Wales in the netball
and presented athletes with medals
Joanna Rowsell adds Commonwealth title to Olympic crown | Mail Online

**Pic1** **Pic2**
Old 07-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

20th Commonwealth Games: Swimming - Pictures - Zimbio

**Pic1** **Pic2**
Old 07-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gold rush! England and Wales bring home the bacon at the Commonwealth Games with the Brownlee brothers powering to victory in the team triathlon and gymnast Francesca Jones winning with her last ever routine | Mail Online

Sir Bradley Wiggins and England denied gold at Commonwealth Games | Mail Online
Old 07-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

Nice to see princess Anne and little Wessexes
Old 07-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely to see the Wessex children there. Did find it odd there was no interaction with Anne in front of them...but perhaps it wasn't caught on camera.

So cute that James found the Rugby too loud and covered his ears. He is a cutie!
Old 07-27-2014, 02:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Prince Edward and Sophie watched England beat Wales in the netball
and presented athletes with medals
Joanna Rowsell adds Commonwealth title to Olympic crown | Mail Online

**Pic1** **Pic2**

OMG...That picture of Sophie screaming support and there's James...W/his fingers in his ears. ROTFLOL,!!! Priceless!!

As much as I would have adored Patricia getting the Golden Sweep, her Ribbon routine did not have the sparkle of yesterday, then add in the mistakes and...Did not understand the protest considering the mistakes. Especially a very obvious moment of having to untangle the ribbon at one point. That's a big boo boo and explained the point difference between yesterday and today, which was obvious to me and the Commentators, but not Patricia's Coach I guess.

A shame she was so off, as that is one of my all time Fave Ribbon routines and when performed as it was yesterday, is something special. Oh well...That's my only quibble about the Ribbon, as I feel she was in the right spot at the end of it all. I can see her as our Closing Flag Bearer if someone else doesn't have the performances/results that Patricia has achieved over the last three days.

Now...I am so thrilled Frankie got her Fairy Tale Ending for her Career. That routine was something every Athlete dreams of for their final time competing and for her to have that moment, sort of at home, w/her Family there *and* then stand on that centre slab, w/the Gold Medal and watching her Flag go up to the strains of Wales' Anthem....I was crying right along w/her. What a moment and will be one of *the* highlights of the Games by the end of things. :)

Quite the day that Day Three ended up being. Can't wait for Day Four and all it brings.