XX Commonwealth Games in Glasgow: July 23-August 3, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on my radio this morning that the 2 Aussie hockey players knew that door that Queen came out of was in their photo so they could see that the Queen was behind them thru the phone camera. The fact that she smiled totally makes it great.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

What awesome pictures!! Really love the Games shirt Sophie's wearing, then again I've always loved that look. Glad to see it's coming back in style.:)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: Nice to see princess Anne and little Wessexes

Lovely to see the Wessex children there. Did find it odd there was no interaction with Anne in front of them...but perhaps it wasn't caught on camera.

So cute that James found the Rugby too loud and covered his ears. He is a cutie!

Prince Edward and Sophie watched England beat Wales in the netball
and presented athletes with medals
Joanna Rowsell adds Commonwealth title to Olympic crown | Mail Online

**Pic1** **Pic2**

OMG...That picture of Sophie screaming support and there's James...W/his fingers in his ears. ROTFLOL,!!! Priceless!!

As much as I would have adored Patricia getting the Golden Sweep, her Ribbon routine did not have the sparkle of yesterday, then add in the mistakes and...Did not understand the protest considering the mistakes. Especially a very obvious moment of having to untangle the ribbon at one point. That's a big boo boo and explained the point difference between yesterday and today, which was obvious to me and the Commentators, but not Patricia's Coach I guess.

A shame she was so off, as that is one of my all time Fave Ribbon routines and when performed as it was yesterday, is something special. Oh well...That's my only quibble about the Ribbon, as I feel she was in the right spot at the end of it all. I can see her as our Closing Flag Bearer if someone else doesn't have the performances/results that Patricia has achieved over the last three days.

Now...I am so thrilled Frankie got her Fairy Tale Ending for her Career. That routine was something every Athlete dreams of for their final time competing and for her to have that moment, sort of at home, w/her Family there *and* then stand on that centre slab, w/the Gold Medal and watching her Flag go up to the strains of Wales' Anthem....I was crying right along w/her. What a moment and will be one of *the* highlights of the Games by the end of things. :)

Quite the day that Day Three ended up being. Can't wait for Day Four and all it brings. :D

Prince Edward, Louise and Sophie at the Squash finals today. The BBC commentator awkwardly said it was Prince Andrew watching...it's clearly Edward as the camera has shown him a few times. Louise has seen a lot of sport at these Games. She's one lucky girl to be in the position she is in - her dad being the Vice Patron so she gets to see lots! I hope we see them with Catherine and William today.

British Royals @britishroyals · 58s
Prince William, Kate & Harry have arrived in Glasgow after taking a commercial flight. They're due to attend #Glasgow2014 Games this pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN6yVsGsYF4

Last edited:
Wow, it looks like Lady Louise has grown up over night. She looks like a young teenager now instead of a little girl, she looks a lot like Sophie in the latest pictures, beautiful young lady!

Wow, it looks like Lady Louise has grown up over night. She looks like a young teenager now instead of a little girl, she looks a lot like Sophie in the latest pictures, beautiful young lady!

and it looks like she is getting into the spirit with pin trading. her commonwealth lanyard today is filled will pins that weren't there last week.

and it looks like she is getting into the spirit with pin trading. her commonwealth lanyard today is filled will pins that weren't there last week.

My friends have always teased me all the pin and badge trading I did during my Guiding years will serve me when I ever attended a major Intl or Nat Sporting Event (They all knew me well and knew it would a when and not if) and they were right. You guys should see my cap from the 2001 World Figure Skating Champ in Vancouver. :D

So it does not surprise me at all to hear Louise has a huge pin collection. As a seasoned Brownie, I'd expect it. :)

It's nice to see that Sophie brought Louise along with her again today. Perhaps the Commonwealth Games aren't really James's thing, which might explain why he was left at home. I also really like the photos of William, Catherine and Harry. One thing I like about them is how (I think) they look like ordinary friends/cousins. I particularly like this photo.

My friends have always teased me all the pin and badge trading I did during my Guiding years will serve me when I ever attended a major Intl or Nat Sporting Event (They all knew me well and knew it would a when and not if) and they were right. You guys should see my cap from the 2001 World Figure Skating Champ in Vancouver. :D

So it does not surprise me at all to hear Louise has a huge pin collection. As a seasoned Brownie, I'd expect it. :)

I didn't join the Brownies myself when I was younger (I wanted to but by the time I'd considered it, I was too old and just forgot about wanting to join the Guides later on), although I used to tease my mother about her having all her Brownie badges and sash, and she was in the Brownies during the '60s. Now I think it's nice that she has kept all this - but I still tease her about her bird watching badge sometimes. :D

How very amusing this all is. Royal Photobombing Competition! After all the years and years of being hounded by the press and the photographers, The RF have turned the tables and taken up photobombing. I would love to be hearing the inside jokes around the dinner table.

Video:
The Princes William and Harry spent a second day at the Commonwealth Games today, they visited a Coach Core project at Gorbals Leisure Centre. Coach Core aims to highlight the importance of sports and to train the next generation of sports coaches-
Home - ITNSource News

Last edited:
How very amusing this all is. Royal Photobombing Competition! After all the years and years of being hounded by the press and the photographers, The RF have turned the tables and taken up photobombing. I would love to be hearing the inside jokes around the dinner table.

Well, hey, they're certainly taking lemons and making lemonade, if you will, and what an excellent job they're doing. They're having a great time doing it too, it would seem. Harry's facial expressions are priceless :D.

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry spent a second day at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow today. They toured the Athletes Village, joined in traditional games and met athletes including Usain Bolt and 13 year old Erraid Davies-
Home - ITNSource News

Any word on the English Gymnast who was injured on the vault yesterday? That was awful to watch and I knew just as he was about to land he was short on rotation and... :(

Question - did any one actually watch any of the games? I asked at work yesterday and the answer from every one was - 'no' or 'didn't even know they were on' and finally from a couple of the younger teachers 'what Commonwealth Games'. I also would put this down to the time difference with very little coverage on when people were actually able to watch with coverage starting around 10.30 p.m. and ending about 8.00 a.m. while most of the staff at my work have to leave home no later than 7.00 a.m. to get to work so no time to watch them due to work commitments. I then thought I would ask the kids - and same response with the overwhelming 'what' being the reply so I was wondering where, if anywhere, people were actually watching the games.

I read an article a few days ago suggesting that the next games should be the last ones as they really aren't that important in the overall scheme of things and athletes have so many other bigger stages now and people have the chance to see them at these other events as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom