The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2016, 02:51 AM
Serene Highness

Im sure Harry's children will be Princes but they may not choose to use the title depending on how things are when they are older..

Old 06-18-2016, 03:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Im sure Harry's children will be Princes but they may not choose to use the title depending on how things are when they are older..
Harry's children will be not be princes/princesses of the UK if they are born under the reign of QEII. Once Charles becomes King, any of Harry's children would then be prince/princess of the UK regardless of when they were born because they are grandchildren of the monarch.

This all is in accordance to the current letters patent. For all we know, Charles could, with his will and pleasure, deem to change things up a bit. There's no way of telling.

There are always choices that adults can make and we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-18-2016, 03:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Harry's children will be not be princes/princesses of the UK if they are born under the reign of QEII. Once Charles becomes King, any of Harry's children would then be prince/princess of the UK regardless of when they were born because they are grandchildren of the monarch.

This all is in accordance to the current letters patent. For all we know, Charles could, with his will and pleasure, deem to change things up a bit. There's no way of telling.

There are always choices that adults can make and we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
According the original Letters Patent Charlotte would not have been a Princess of the United Kingdom, as it only covered the eldest living son (George) of the eldest son (William) of the Prince of Wales (Charles). But what do we see? Charlotte is a Princess... so Letters Patent can always be modified. The length of the current Sovereign is só long. Who could ever have imagined that even the longest Reign ever (Victoria) would be bypassed by a longer Reign?
Old 06-18-2016, 03:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Of course The Queen could issue new LPs for all children of Harry during her own reign as she did for William (partly I suspect she did that because she knew that the law was going to change so that is the first born child would be William's heir and didn't want a situation where the future monarch was born as Lady xxxx Mountbatten-Windsor while a younger brother was born as a Prince. It made sense in those circumstances.

Given the rumours of a smaller royal family with no role for the children of the second son in the future then she may very well decide to not issue such LPs - assuming the situation even arises where Harry marries during her reign.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

In normal terms the children of Prince William and Prince Harry will not experience a Queen Elizabeth II when they reach the age of majority, or we must seriously calculate a scenario of an 108 or 110 years old Sovereign on the throne. In normal life expectanties we may assume that when the children of William and Harry reach the age on which they can pursue their own careers, it will be under the Reign of their grandfather King Charles III.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In normal terms the children of Prince William and Prince Harry will not experience a Queen Elizabeth II when they reach the age of majority, or we must seriously calculate a scenario of an 108 or 110 years old Sovereign on the throne. In normal life expectanties we may assume that when the children of William and Harry reach the age on which they can pursue their own careers, it will be under the Reign of their grandfather King Charles III.
Given as usually the royal children are off to university for a bit, by the time they settle on a precise career choice and passion, (I'm giving it 22 years as George is already going on 3), 25 years from now, Charles will be around 92. My guess is that when Will's kids reach adulthood and know what they want, their father will be the King.

You can quote me on that prediction. I don't care. I know I won't be around to have anyone tell me "I told you so" Now.. returning you to our regularly scheduled discussion of the Windsor/Mountbatten-Windsor surname.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-18-2016, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you think that the Surname would ever be changed to Windsor-Mountbatten?
Old 06-18-2016, 11:40 PM
Majesty

I don't. The purpose of Mountbatten-Windsor was to ensure that Philip's surname was passed down through the generations.
― John Lennon
Old 06-18-2016, 11:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't. The purpose of Mountbatten-Windsor was to ensure that Philip's surname was passed down through the generations.
Osipi, Thank you for clarifying the purpose of the placement of Mountbatten to be first.

Tags
british royal family, styles and titles, surnames