William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the "procedure" information.

You know, I liked Chelsy. She had a tacky fashion style, but she was fun and kept up with Harry.

Having said that, I really want to see either harry/william with some new girls. just to have something new to look at and shake things up. we've been looking at the same two girlfriends for years. I hope Harry goes on like a dating spree and then finds the right girl. That would be entertaining.

I just saw the picture of the "new girl". ugh she's exactly the same! maybe his only type is "bubbly blonds who want to have fun".

My goodness, are these young men just entertainment to you? They will be serious players on the world's stage (as far as continuing the monarchy).

Your comments are "like" so selfish.

I wouldn't call them "serious players", they aren't really known for anything other than being Diana's sons.

I wouldn't call them "serious players", they aren't really known for anything other than being Diana's sons.

Their position in the world derives from their status as senior members of the BRF, as opposed to being Diana's sons! Their position as 2Serious players" will potentially develop, especially for William, as he gets closer to his future role.

At the moment that is true but in the next 30 - 60 years they will increasingly become players because they are Charles' sons and thus become the sons of the monarch and then the monarch and his younger brother.

My goodness, are these young men just entertainment to you? They will be serious players on the world's stage (as far as continuing the monarchy).

Your comments are "like" so selfish.

People read Hello! magazine and the royal forum for entertainment...

I realize the comment was shallow. Most of my comments on a royal forum are going to be shallow. I save my deep philosophical insights for real life ;)

I don't think the Princes want to be "serious players". They both look like they want to help make the world a better place, but maybe a little under the radar.

In my book all Harry and William are known for, is being Diana's sons, so far they have done nothing to earn themselves their own 'title' persay.
As for being "serious players on the world stage" when they are older, they might be known all around the world, but they won't have a hand in the "serious" issues.

They don't have to earn their title, they are born with it.

They have to prove they are worthy of having the title.

They have to prove they are worthy of having the title.

They don't have to prove themselves worthy at all. They got their titles because of who their father is and nothing else the same as he got his poition by being the first born son of his mother. They could sit at home and do nothing and they would still have their titles. This is the very crux of the republicans argument - that they get their titles and positions simply by an accident of birth and has nothing to do with what they do or don't do or how worthy they are to hold those titles and positions.

I know.
But to me they have to prove themselves, they have to show that the deserve to stay as a Prince, or those republicans you speak of will appear sooner than they think.

I know.
But to me they have to prove themselves, they have to show that the deserve to stay as a Prince, or those republicans you speak of will appear sooner than they think.

They, and this board, have already turned me into one.

My point is though that they don't have to do anything to be a prince except get born. Republicans will appear with or without them as more and more people start to question the whole idea that some people are entitled to more because of birth rather than merit, and marrying commoners will only add to that as they are no longer seen as something different and apart but just upstarts who got where they are because of the family into which they were born. Viva la repulbique I say.

They are turning me as well.
And my point is that unless they show me or the rest of the country that with those titles, that have been handed to them on a plate, they will do something good and preserve the Monarchy. They are going to loose them.

Came across this on Twitter from Robert Palmer of the Daily Express:
Naughty Kate Middleton's family firm has been caught using the X Factor logo without a licence. Simon Cowell is not a man to upset.
Now if true, why would the Middleton's do that? It doesn't make sense.

ETA: Here's more information:
It asks customers if they have "got the X-Factor" and uses the icon to promote parties based on the smash ITV1 show.
But a show source insisted boss Simon Cowell had NOT licensed the use of the image to the mail-order party accessories firm.
The insider said: "They definitely don't have permission to do this. It's odd a firm this established wouldn't check with us first."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to counter, Jeremy Clarkson uses "The X-Factor" on Top Gear all the time, and shows the logo.

I very much doubt it, he hates the show and Simon Cowell.
And do you need permission to use the words "X-Factor"?

The issue here is not that the Middleton family used the name, but the logo. So basically, the Middletons' broke the law.

An article from the sun, the most trashy magazine in the UK, which also features two pictures, none of which show actual proof that they ever used the picture? Just an 'insider' talking?

Even the Daily Express mentioned it. Are they also trashy?

I'm not trying to argue with you here. I'm just posting what is going around the media today.

Last edited:
Kate Middleton snubs Fashion For The Brave dinner for war heroes | Mail Online

Hopefully this doesn't reflect the TRUE Kate Middleton!!!

To the dismay of the organisers of the *glittering Fashion For The Brave *dinner, which raised money for Help For Heroes and the Army Benevolent Fund, Prince William’s girlfriend, Kate Middleton, not only failed to show up for the event but didn’t even bother to reply to her invitation.

Read more: Kate Middleton snubs Fashion For The Brave dinner for war heroes | Mail Online

To the dismay of the organisers of the *glittering Fashion For The Brave *dinner, which raised money for Help For Heroes and the Army Benevolent Fund, Prince William’s girlfriend, Kate Middleton, not only failed to show up for the event but didn’t even bother to reply to her invitation.

Why were Kate and Pippa invited in the first place? Because they're affiliated with this charity? Because Kate is currently dating Prince William? Because of Kate and Pippa's reknown fashion sense?

I see no reason where it was inconsiderate for Kate or Pippa to ignore these invitations. As they were communicated through Party Pieces, its very likely that along with a lot of mail I imagine that Ms. Middleton may receive through her parent's business address, it could very well have remained unopened. Most likely William didn't know about the event either being back in Wales and on duty again. His response was done via his office which I imagine sends regrets to scads of invitation he receives. Kate does not have her own private secretary that would do this.

This piece of journalism is making a big deal out of something very trivial to me and does not reflect negatively on Ms. Middleton in the least.

As there was a follow-up phone call which indicated that the invitations were passed onto the sisters I do see it as rude that they didn't have the common decency to reply. However my experience is that people under about 40 don't bother with replies when not attending. This does reflect badly on Kate in my opinion, as it is clear that she did receive the invitation but chose to ignore it.

When we didn’t receive replies, we telephoned a few weeks later. Someone at Party Pieces said they had passed the *invitations on to the sisters and we heard nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Not only rude, extremely rude, and for someone who is thought of as a "wannabe" Princess not very prudent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom