William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the cheerleading from Hello! magazine goes on...why is this news worthy of a headline? According to various reports over the years, they have been living together for some time.

Hello seems bound and determined to pitch Kate Middleton come hell or high water...they picked out the girl's possible wedding gown, speculated on where the marital home will be...everything except select the date the lovebirds will bring forth their first born. :bang:

They are beginning to seem desperate.

It's a newsworthy headline, because as far as I know a royal has never lived with his partner before. I know that Sophie may have lived with Edward, but that was never reported.
Kate and William are news, even if it is fake news, they need to sell magazines.

What's wrong with them talking about Kate Middleton, they didn't pick her wedding dress, they talked to designers who were already designing her dress.
They talk about the engagement, where they might live, get married etc, when the engagement fever is at a high, which is what every newspaper does.

That's what is called a "get 'em to buy the mag" lead. I've not bought it nor will I but I will bet you that any pics that are in that article have already been posted here "from the polo". :)

You are oh so right!

It's a newsworthy headline, because as far as I know a royal has never lived with his partner before. I know that Sophie may have lived with Edward, but that was never reported.
Kate and William are news, even if it is fake news, they need to sell magazines.

What's wrong with them talking about Kate Middleton, they didn't pick her wedding dress, they talked to designers who were already designing her dress.
They talk about the engagement, where they might live, get married etc, when the engagement fever is at a high, which is what every newspaper does.

Actually if you really want to get technical... Kate and William shared living quarters together while they were at St. Andrews. That was his 'press free days" Of course it wasn't just them. but friends there too. But that too has never been verified by either William or Kate.

The thing about this whole wedding business if they're just speculating and hoping and wishing to get attention.
I'm SURE that whatever Kate plans when she gets married will not be in the press months and weeks and even days before she gets to the altar. My son and his bride had lived together for years.. they got married last weekend. Did he see the dress? NO. If you were Kate would you want YOUR wedding dress on every tabloid before the day?

There's a big difference in reporting... some go for sensationalism and some go for boring straight facts.
With William and Kate we get tidbits that fit both. And 10 to 1.. they're snickering at us.

I am pretty sure Edward and Sophie lived together, and I know for a fact that Haakon and Mette-Marit of Norway, Joachim and Marie of Denmark, Victoria and Daniel of Sweden, Princess Michael's son Freddie, both of Princess Anne's children all lived together outside of marriage.

In fact, the only Royals I can think of who do not do this are the uber traditional Japanese and the uber religious Belgians.

I repeat...Hello seems to be in some sort of crusade to promote a wedding with this couple...why I am not sure.

Maybe KM sells magazines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freddie and Sophie, aren't really at the forefront of royalty, same goes for Zara and Peter, they don't have titles either which makes it easy for them. Edward and Sophie were never reported on were they?

William and Kate have lived together at St Andrews, but this for people is sort of "special" because it is the next possible step to marriage.
I wouldn't call it a crusade, they are reporting on stories as they come. The pictures are from the polo, which has been their first event together in some time, they are talking about moving in because that is what they have apparently just done.
When they report on what church, what dress etc; it's because that is what other people are saying as well.

Kate and William do sell magazines, i'll be buying this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually yes, I remember a great deal of reporting on Edward and Sophie back in the 90's...the tabloids were delighted because they felt that they had found themselves a new Diana to help them sell magazines.:bang:

The Queen permitted them to live together against her better judgment, because she wanted to avoid another Charles/Diana or Andrew/Sarah disaster.

And again, Kate and William have been living together off/on for a LONG time, so I don't see how this is big news.

The press will think like that everytime someone will marry into the royal family, until at least William passes away.
I wouldn't say they were living on and off, they lived together at St Andrews, and haven't lived together since until now in Wales?

Every paper I have read(Daily Mail, Sun, Hello) reports that they live together on weekends and during breaks from William's time in the military.

For KM's sake I hope William marries her, even though I find her dull and unimpressive.

She has invested seven long years and has shown remarkable resilience.

To me that's not living together, that's staying at each others houses when William's off work.
Living together is living in the same house, a long period of time and sharing the bills.

I hope they marry for love, not out of neccesity or how long they've been together.

There were definitely reports that they were living together at the Palace. However, I believe that Sophie kept her own apartment elsewhere, and she denied that they had lived together. This was during their prewedding interview. However, she was seen leaving the Palace for work in the morning. So she was spending time there, but not technically living with Edward.

There were definitely reports that they were living together at the Palace. However, I believe that Sophie kept her own apartment elsewhere, and she denied that they had lived together. This was during their prewedding interview. However, she was seen leaving the Palace for work in the morning. So she was spending time there, but not technically living with Edward.

I do recall this as well. It had widely been reported that Edward and Sophie were living together at an apartment at BP. However, in their engagement interview, I do remember Sophie clarifying that contrary to reports, they had not lived together.

I don't believe anything... Besides the Telegraaf (Dutch) is reporting Will cheated on Kate and now the wedding is off.. I wasn't even aware there was a wedding... ;)

I've just read the article in Hello! and it doesn't tell me anything new to be honest.

I've just read the article in Hello! and it doesn't tell me anything new to be honest.

Don't tell me you were actually expecting new information?

Don't tell me you were actually expecting new information?

Nope wasn't expecting anything new, but exactly I do stand corrected. The article tells me Kate's favourite sport is Tennis, which I never knew before.

I don't believe anything... Besides the Telegraaf (Dutch) is reporting Will cheated on Kate and now the wedding is off.. I wasn't even aware there was a wedding... ;)

Exactly. The press just continue to publish drivel to try and augment their sales.

Is the article online? Could you post a link that says William cheating on Kate?

Nope wasn't expecting anything new, but exactly I do stand corrected. The article tells me Kate's favourite sport is Tennis, which I never knew before.

Surely they drew their conclusion from her appearance at Wimbeldon this year and the pcituers of her playing with her family at Christmas - all really incisive stuff on the part of Hello! :flowers:

Surely they drew their conclusion from her appearance at Wimbeldon this year and the pcituers of her playing with her family at Christmas - all really incisive stuff on the part of Hello! :flowers:

Not neccesarily, just because she went to see the womans final and played tennis once at christmas does not mean that it is her favorite sport.
I've watched quite a few tennins matches, i've been to Wimbledon twice but it's not my favourite sport.

Not neccesarily, just because she went to see the womans final and played tennis once at christmas does not mean that it is her favorite sport.
I've watched quite a few tennins matches, i've been to Wimbledon twice but it's not my favourite sport.

... and nor did Hello publish that about you.

The point I was making was that Hello probably do not have much insight into Kate's true likes and dislikes, and therefore, probably based their comments about tennis being her favourite sport on the two incidents I highlighted.

For all we know, they could have asked her. But anyway let's leave it there.

And how likely is it that she will be talking to the Press? :)

I have no idea how likely it is? Both her siblings have spoken to Hello at one point or another. They could have asked them, they could have phoned her up and asked. Or sent a nice polite letter.
I just don't see why they would make up that her favourtie sport is Tennis, when it adds nothing particularly to the article and could have left it out.

I have no idea how likely it is? Both her siblings have spoken to Hello at one point or another. They could have asked them, they could have phoned her up and asked. Or sent a nice polite letter.
I just don't see why they would make up that her favourtie sport is Tennis, when it adds nothing particularly to the article and could have left it out.

IMO, it is highly unlikely that there is any credible "inside source" to back this up.

It is a pic of William kissing a singer that was published 4 years ago... Hamilton is the singers last name it is all more rubbish to sell a paper...

It is a pic of William kissing a singer that was published 4 years ago... Hamilton is the singers last name it is all more rubbish to sell a paper...

If it was a true story, it would hve been a big one.

I saw the photo yesterday...it is on the cover of The Enquirer here in the US...it shocked me because William's mouth is slightly open and the female has her tongue in his mouth...i figured it was from a few years ago because William doesn't have that much hair now! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom