William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Kate is dating William, the heir to the heir.
The country are more bothered about it. They don't concern there selves with harry. Possible because he's seen as a party, as is his girlfriend so the public may not think his relationship is worth thinking about.
Also Harry and Chelsy have dated since 2004, Kate and William have been going for a bit longer. :)

When Kate and William broke up, the press was practically gleeful and with the Harry/Chelsy split, the papers were almost in mourning. I don't understand why the Middletons are portrayed as the persona of evil while the Davy's are lauded? Can some of our members from Great Britain/Commonwealth answer? Thanks!:)
This may give you some insight as to what was being said when Harry and Chelsy broke up.
Kate Middleton: man-pleaser - Times Online

Well, at first the press was in love with Kate. If people will remember correctly. IMO they have just become bored with her and Wiliam's relationship and as we all know they must sell their papers. They have not always painted the most paiseful picture of Chelsy. Not to metion her parents, there have been so many things about her smoking and double fisted drinking for exsample. I could go on if I had the time to look up other articles. This a princess does not make.

I would not say the papers were gleeful at all when K&W split, I would say they were shocked that she was out in public with a very big smile on her face so fast and happy they had something tanglible to print. Also, that you saw alot of true colors about the class issuse that seems to be 100% worse in the UK then other places.

My opinion is that people think Chesly a good fit for Harry and maybe not so good for a princess .... wear as Kate not so much a good fit for princess/Queen only because of class and not sure of the fit with William because they keep the "Emotional" side of there life to themselves ...IMO of course:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's because the press does not take Chelsy seriously as a princess candidate, whereas they know that Kate is very close to marrying William. It's much easier to feed into reader's glee for nasty gossip toward a future princess than push it toward a girl who does not have a shot. Ultimately, as you point out, Chelsy's family's connections with Mugabe will hurt her if she wants a future with Harry.

There seems to be this overt interest in both girlfriends of the princes. It can also be said that in other countries, there is interest in the wives of those countries princes and so it kind of comes with the territory. What I wonder is if either William or Harry were to date someone from another country (even America)-would this interest be there still? I know that Mary was from Australia(?) and moved to be closer to her prince. Not sure how correct that is as I don't know all that much about her. Also, Maxima was from another country and did she move prior to meeting her husband? It just seems like the girl relocates at some point. Was there more interest once she moved or was there the same amount even when she lived in her home country? Does anyone think that William date a woman from anothe country? Harry seems alright about it. I would not be surprised if he either marries that cute blonde or a woman that is from another country. Did William date a girl prior to Kate that was from another country?

Chelsy is from Zimbabwe and her biggest problem is that her father has had some dealings with Mugabe (the dictator of Zimbabwe).
William reportedly was friendly with (and still is) Jecca Craig from Kenya. But whether he was ever actually dating her I am not sure.
Jecca and Chelsy's family are of European backgrounds.

If William or Harry went for a girl in another country it probably wouldn't be a big deal if the girl was an heiress or princess. There's a snobby overtone to a lot of the coverage with Kate because of class...

I don't ever think it would be acceptable for William or Harry to marry an American.(hate to bring up the Duchess of Windsor) We don't have A Royal House Hold and we most deffentally don't have the upper class crust wars any more, back in the 30's and 40's we did have this rather very open class issuse but unless it is hidden you don't see much of it as in Britain and other places.( unless i am too poor to notice lol) :ermm: NO matter who the heir's- heirs dated there would still be the same media frenzy... as you see now.

Had Wallis Simpson been a widow or a woman who'd never married and had lived a respectable life, I don't think that her being an American would have been as big as issue. It certainly wouldn't have resulted in Edward VIII's abdication.

I think that although there's no aristocracy in North America, there's still classism. It's based on things like money, fame, and education now, not so much on bloodlines.

Mary is from Tasmania, Maxima is from Argentina.
I presume Maxima lived with Willem before marriage, she has dual citzenship but that was granted just before marriage. :)
Mary lived in Denmark but not with Frederik I think, interest in Mary peaked at the end of 2002 and start of 2003, she was spotted by a local newspaper.

Jecca Craig who was a possible girlfriendwas from Kenya I believe.
All three girls Kate, Chelsy and Jecca were based in the UK so they haven't really had to move here I don't think.
Any girl that dates William or Harry will create a huge amount of interest. :flowers:
I don't ever think it would be acceptable for William or Harry to marry an American.
I don't think so. Just because you don't have a royal household doesn't put you lower down on the list. If possible it puts you higher, as girls from the USA could be seen as more down-to-earth. :)
Wallis was a divorcee, thats what put her out of the picture.

You have some very very rich heiresses aswell. ;)

I just don't agree about Wallis and not in the 30's I beleve that it may be ok for Peter Phillips but not William or Harry, just my opinion all though it maybe every girls dream.
I do agree with the fact our (classism)diffrent and is baised on money,fame, education. but it is not seen as such a big deal here as there was my point :flowers:

I viewed this issue and it's nothing I didn't already expect. Just the usual "push" for an engagement that Hello has been doing lately. They claim William & Kate went to a quiet out-of-the-way restaurant with friends and he baked her a cake.
So either a)Hello is turning tabloid and printing made up stories or b) this story got leaked exclusively to them. :whistling:

Needless to say I didn't buy the issue.

I feel that Kate was given a big press buildup as the Golden Princess to the Heir(of the heir)to the Throne, but once out of University she did not live up to her press (imo) She did not really find a job and keep it, or build a career for herself, she was seen partying in and out of nightclubs, etc. Then the news about her Uncle did not help. Five years out if University and Kate is just viewed as a girl waiting for a proposal that may or may not come.

Chelsy on the otherhand was not especially treated great by the press initially, but she proved herself to be very much a girl of substance, earning a bachelor's degree in South Africa, then going on to earning a second degree at Leeds University, doing internships in law. Chelsy has worked hard and proven herself educationally.
I 've seen photos of Chelsy and her mother walking through the Palace gates one summer to visit Pr.Harry, it seems she must be accepted on some level.

Chelsy and Harry have dated the same amount of time as William and Kate.

The press is just pushing to get William married off to his first commoner(imo) serious girlfriend, imo, it could be Kate it could be any attractive girl, I think the press just wants a wedding while he is young, so they can milk a Cinderella-soap opera for as many years as possible.
I think he may not be marrying for years and years.

Chelsy and Harry have dated the same amount of time as William and Kate.

The press is just pushing to get William married off to his first commoner(imo) serious girlfriend, imo,

Kate and William were end of 2001/ start of 2002.
Chelsy and Harry were 2004. :)

Would you call Jecca Craig a aristocrat?
I don't think he's dated anyone with a title.

Kate was dating Rupert Finch in 2002. Some have reported she didn't actually begin dating Pr.William until 2003.

Rupert Finch was the good-looking law student who dated Kate before William won over her affections.
In the intervening years he has remained as discreet and loyal to Kate as she has to her Royal partner.
Rupert, now a trainee solicitor, met Kate and William when all three were students at St Andrews. His relationship with Kate and the circumstances under which it came to an end is not a subject on which Finch will be drawn.
Speaking last night for the first time about the relationship, he said: "It's not something I'll ever talk about. It's between Kate and me and was a long time ago."
Finch was 22 when Kate arrived at St Andrews as a 19-year-old History of Art undergraduate. He was sporting and popular and a member of the University Cricket Squad.
Daily Mail: How Rupert lost his Babykins to Big Willie.

P.S. Chelsy and Harry had also met as children, when Chelsy attended school in England, he knew of Chelsy for years. He met her again years later when he visited SA.

Kate is William's first adult girlfriend, in my opinion.

The relationship with Jecca may or may not have been any more than a deep friendship, since varied reports on the friendship, relationship surface.

Jecca is also the only one for , which an official denial was issued by the Palace.

PRINCE William took the extraordinary step yesterday of publicly denying that he loves a girl with whom he was said to have made a 'pretend engagement'.

St James's Palace issued an unprecedented statement in which he insisted he was not and had never been romantically involved with 21-year-old Jessica 'Jecca' Craig.
William was said to be 'deeply embarrassed' by the claims because he is close to her family particularly her father, Kenyan-based conservationist Ian Craig and because he is a friend of Jessica's Old Etonian boyfriend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-228850/Girlfriend-was.html#ixzz0eOWHE8wL

This is rather interesting if true.
Setting up a shop takes time and surely she wouldn't be taking on that role if an engagement was imminent?
If this is true - and it is the Daily Mail remember - it could be pointing to a engagement not happening this year.

Kate was dating Rupert Finch in 2002. Some have reported she didn't actually begin dating Pr.William until 2003.
Yep and it was reported that William dated other girls at the beginning of university before hooking up with Kate. It's my understanding that they became a couple at the end of 2003 and were "outed" while skiing a few months later at the beginning of 2004 so they've been together 6+ years. Either way it's impossible for them to have been dating for 8 years as some people keep suggesting. :whistling:

Just the usual "push" for an engagement that Hello has been doing lately. They claim William & Kate went to a quiet out-of-the-way restaurant with friends and he baked her a cake.
So either a)Hello is turning tabloid and printing made up stories or b) this story got leaked exclusively to them. :whistling:
I've been suspecting these "leaks" for a while now and not just to HELLO... and the leaked stories aren't always true either. :whistling:

I deffinatly think William and Harry do recieve more more publicity then the other Princes there own age, of coarse there mother was very famous her great work.

I deffinatly think William and Harry do recieve more more publicity then the other Princes there own age, of coarse there mother was very famous her great work.

There are very few princes William and Harry's age.
Britain is a very media minded country, our press are a lot more intrusive then say the Danish or Belgian equivalent.

Diana gave the image of the caring, doting, charity working mother, with wonderful blonde hair and blue eyed children. Who would one day take over all her good work, following in her footsteps.
So So many magazines and newpapers have said "William/Harry following in their mothers footsteps" and i get so so very annoyed because, I think can't these boys be allowed to do anything not associated with what Diana once did?
They are forever going to have the holy image of Diana that the press created as a marker for what they should do, as will both their future wives.

And of course they get none of their caring etc from their father's family (who have been in the caring business long before Diana).

It always bugs me whenever they do anything positive it is because of Diana's influence. Charles has had the far greater influence on the way these two have turned out but all the credit goes to their mother (who was only a full time mother to them for the first 7 or 8 years of their lives as then they were sent to boarding school). She did a good job but so has Charles and I would like to see him get more of the credit for the way they have turned out (along with the boarding schools which did most of the work anyway).

Thats what I have always thought, Charles gets very very little credit for bringing up two youngs boys at the age of 15 and 13.
After '92 time the boys only spent holidays with Diana.
I think they constantly mention Diana in reference to the boys because she gets more favourable response from the public.

The Princes' Trust has done more for people, then Diana's charities ever did in my mind.

it was reported that William dated other girls at the beginning of university before hooking up with Kate. It's my understanding that they became a couple at the end of 2003 and were "outed" while skiing a few months later at the beginning of 2004 so they've been together 6+ years. Either way it's impossible for them to have been dating for 8 years as some people keep suggesting.
This was my understanding too. I remember when the story of her dating Rupert Finch in 2002 was reported.

I've been suspecting these "leaks" for a while now and not just to HELLO... and the leaked stories aren't always true either. :whistling:
I have too lately.

Until they turned 7 or 8 they were at home with both parents, then boarding school and then they spent half of their holidays with each parent so Diana didn't see all that much of them from the age of 8 onwards (nor did Charles for that matter although after Diana's death Charles had them for all their holidays and is still there guiding them etc).

Yes my reference to the ages 15 & 13, were that those were the ages of the boys when Diana passed away, Charles was left with two teenage boys to bring up. That must of been aa very hard task.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but here you go:

The Sunday Express can exclusively uncover the fascinating story *behind the privacy *battle now being waged by Prince William’s girlfriend. We expose the truth about her *relationship with the photographer who took the shots, Niraj Tanna, and we can reveal that he consulted Stephen Abell, *director of the press regulator, the day *after he photographed Kate at *Restormel Manor in Cornwall.

Since she is tipped to marry William, her “reasonable expectation of privacy” is not quite the same as the girl on the street. Yet despite her non-*royal status, Kate’s case against Tanna has effectively ended his *career as a royal photographer. It’s a curious development as Tanna was one of the only photographers Kate appeared to have *developed a rapport with, thanks to his uncanny ability to be in the right place, at the right time.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Royals target scapegoat in privacy fight

I don't know what to make of this article. It is makes Kate out to be the mole in William's circle. If that's so, then she is a social climber who's manipulating her way into the royal family.

If this article is not true, then it clearly shows that the media are out to get Kate and her family after they won the lawsuit. I think more articles like this would come around.

This sounds plausible and on this one I am with Kate - it was an invasion of privacy - she was on private property having fun. If people are allowed to take photos from public property of people on their private property then we will see a lot of rich people putting up all sorts of trees and fences to preserve their privacy and what an awful site that will be.

If Kate is the mole then she simply can't marry William - it wouldn't work. I don't think Kate is but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't a member of her family and again it should mean - unsuitable and thus out.

Kate is a private individual until she marries William and she should be treated exactly as that. When with William - as she was skiing then she is an open target because he is but when she is alone she is a private individual and thus entitled to the same rights as the rest of us.

The simple answer is to legislate that only photos of the royals doing official duties can be taken and then this 'is it an invasion of privacy?' goes away and they can have the freedom to do things without the fear of the paparazzi - that would upset most royal followers but not me - their official duties is all I want or need to hear about - not their holidays, their drunken nights on the town, their clothes etc.

If they break the law then that can be reported in the same way as any other law breaker is reported but otherwise they should have their privacy.

I agree completely about Kate and her family, these sudden appearances where Kate and William were appearing could be coincidences but as I don´t believe in coincidences of this nature I believe the "mole in her family" theory.

Having said that, to make enemies of the press is not in Kate´s good interests, in fact it is, in my opinion, a very bad mistake. It was the plethora of photos and stories that put her in the public eye as a possible wife for William in the first place. If he is never going to marry her, then of course, this attention to her is uncomfortable, and it always makes me think back to Carol Middleton´s interview when she said more or less there was never going to be a marriage.
As far as the drunken revels by some of the other young royals, I too am not that interested but the British public, perhaps, are, as in these economically difficult times a family are very interested indeed in a family who is thought to represent their country and if anyone bothers to read the public comments under these photos and articles he/she will see the lack of respect shown towards the royal family by so many these days. This hasn´t happened overnight and it is also interesting to note that the one person who is still highly respected is the Queen who has always been exemplary in all ways.

I agree with what you were saying, the press are getting back at her and idea of Kate being a mole is ridiculous in my mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom