William and Harry's Education

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
I was thing about this because there is a plan for Crown princess Victoria to prepared when she one day will become Queen, this plan is often called her Queen School

So apart from academic studies this is what she has done, and there will probably more like this in the future for her
  • During the autumn of 1997 the Crown Princess followed a specially designed programme, the purpose of which was to give her a general insight into the workings of the Swedish Riksdag (parliament) and Government.
  • In connection with her stay in the U.S.A., the Crown Princess has also completed two trainee periods at the United Nations in New York (June and September 2000) and one at the Swedish Embassy in Washington D.C. (May 1999).
  • In the spring of 2001 the Crown Princess has studied and followed the Swedish presidency of the EU. During the autumn of 2001 the Crown Princess has followed a specially designed study programme at the Swedish Government.
  • In 2002 the Crown Princess followed a study programme at SIDA, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, and followed the work at the Swedish Trade Council in Berlin and Paris.
  • In the spring of 2003 the Crown Princess will continue with her official engagements and follow a specially designed study programme at different company's in Sweden.

My question is will William do these special programs after his academic studies and military years?

I took a look at Prince Charles webbsite, I have not done something like Victoria did
After school he went in the military after that he stared to do royal duties full time

Do you think Prince William should have a program like Victoria's and if yes what should it include?

There was a program on CBC about William and "How To Be a Prince". Go to www.cbc.ca or I think it may be www.cbc.com and there'll probably be links for that program. I think he may be taught some etiquette classes...

School and University

GETTY IMAGES - ST. ANDREWS, SCOTLAND - DECEMBER 14: HRH Prince William practices at the Golf Practice Centre on December 14, 2003 in St. Andrews, Scotland. In the fading light, laughing and joking, he warned bystanders to keep out of the way as he practised his powerful swing, stretching out his arms and saying it could go "anywhere between here and here." Now more than halfway through a four-year degree at Scotland's oldest university, William admitted that his workload had intensified, but revealed he was glad he had switched courses from history of art to geography.

GETTY IMAGES - ST. ANDREWS, SCOTLAND - DECEMBER 14: HRH Prince William walks to the Good News newsagents on December 14, 2003 in St. Andrews, Scotland. Now more than halfway through a four-year degree at Scotland's oldest university, William admitted that his workload had intensified, but revealed he was glad he had switched courses from history of art to geography.

Attachments

• will_1.jpg
    will_1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 548
  • will_1a.jpg
    will_1a.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 354
  • will_1b.jpg
    will_1b.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 283
  • will_1c.jpg
    will_1c.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 354
  • will_1d.jpg
    will_1d.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 388
  • will_1e.jpg
    will_1e.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 415
  • will_1f.jpg
    will_1f.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
hai Josephine..briLLiant Q..
iv not heard any formaL scholling either..about him preparing for his duty as King..but i guess the fact that the queen met him every week end in Buckingham Palace..maybe its a sort of introducing WiLLiam what would be his future Duty..
and maybe his tutors groomed him for it...
As i understand it.

Thanks for the link Bellefleur!

I was justs reading this -

Prince William Spends Day With Press

Sun Dec 14, 7:09 PM ET

LONDON - Buying stamps, chocolate and some light reading at a local shop, Prince William allowed the media a glimpse into his life as a college student at Scotland's St. Andrews University.

As part of an agreement with the British press to provide information on William once every term in exchange for privacy while he completes his studies, royal officials invited a reporter and photographers from the national Press Association news agency to follow him on Friday.

The photos, released Monday, show William shopping for sweets and magazines and showing off his golfing skills in the seaside university town northeast of Edinburgh.

The prince, who is in the third year of a four-year degree course at Scotland's oldest university, said he was glad he had changed his major field of study from art history to geography.

"It's going very well. It's my third year and it's a bit more work," he told the Press Association. "I'm studying all sorts of human and physical environments and really enjoying it, but I'm looking forward to my Christmas holidays."

William said he had yet to complete his Christmas shopping, but wanted to get something special for his younger brother, Prince Harry, who has spent the last few months in Australia.

"I'm still finding them. Last minute is what I do," he said.

William picked up some college fare at the local convenience store, paying for his stamps, milk, potato chips, candy and two magazines with his own money.

As the shop's clerk rang up the pile of items, William joked, "I'm stocking up for winter."

The prince also went to a driving range near St. Andrews' historic Old Course.

Concentrating hard, he hit the golf balls about 150 yards.

On his last shot, he performed a running hit, standing 4 feet from the ball before moving in to strike it with a seven iron.

"Tiger Woods, eat your heart out," William said, laughing.

Prince William Shows He's a Typical Student
Sun Dec 14, 7:05 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Prince William has given the media a rare glimpse into his everyday life as a university student, revealing he is just like any other undergraduate living off a diet of sweets and crisps.

The pin-up prince -- the most glamorous British royal with pop star good looks -- invited members of the press to join him as he ambled down the main high street in St Andrews, Scotland, to the local shops.

Despite being the most famous student in Britain, passers-by took little notice of the 21-year-old as he visited the Good News store where he used his own cash to buy a pint of milk, a packet of sea salt and cracked black pepper crisps, a bag of Maltesers and a Milky Bar.

"People down here think he is quite down to earth. Two or three people in the shop didn't even notice he was in here," shop assistant Jennifer Murray said.

The eldest son of heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles said he was looking forward to the Christmas holidays and seeing his younger brother Harry, who is in Australia as part of his year off between school and an army career.

"I'm going to buy him something special because he's been away for three months," the prince said, adding he was envious of Harry because he had been able to watch England's rugby team beat Australia in Sydney to win the World Cup.

The pictures and interview with the prince were released on Monday as one of a number of stage-managed events to sate the media's appetite for coverage of the royals and stop the press from invading their privacy.

Hi....

It wonderful picture....

I noticed that William had add one bracelet on his hand... Intersting.. also I noticed that William carry the mail I wonder who he sent to the person or special friend... I wish he send mail to me :rolleyes: Oh well I am glad he was willing to take a picture of him for the press....

Karla :flower:

These pictures are absolutely adoreable! He looks as though he is growing more and more comfortable with the camera's around him!!! Anyway, I'm not so sure I like the swearter out fit...it looks...well I don't know what I don't like about it, I just don't like it. But the ones at the St. Andrews Golf Center help to make up for that...he looks hot!

The sweater outfit is very preppy looking, isn't it. But I get the feeling that William is sort of a preppy kind of a guy.

I think we'd be hard up to catch Harry taking semi-formal pictures like this in a sweater outfit though! Harry seems like if he had to take pictures like this he'd go for a more relaxed and laid back look, not so serious, like jeans and a T-shirt.

But do you think he needs more practises?

How long will his military training be?

Would there be any King school after that?

Originally posted by moosey60@Oct 27th, 2003 - 3:31 am
There was a program on CBC about William and "How To Be a Prince". Go to www.cbc.ca or I think it may be www.cbc.com and there'll probably be links for that program. I think he may be taught some etiquette classes...
I don't think etiquette classes are enough

I would like to see specially designed programmes, to give him a general insight into the workings of the parliament and Government.

Maybe trainee period at the United Nations in New York

Maybe to learn more about Trade in GB and other countries he will be king in

and specially designed study programme at different company's in GB

An article actually just came out on this subject, I'll have to look around to find it, but it said basically the Queen thinks Prince Charles is to weak and unsteady with his two sons and she wants to take on a more hands on role with both boys, but more esepecially William. She thinks him using school as an excuse to avoid the inevitable is silly and wants him to start taking on Royal duties soon if not now. And somehow I think what the Queen wants the Queen will get, so I'm guessing we will start seeing William at public official events. Maybe no really soon, but sooner then we would if it were left up to him.

On the Harry side of things the article said that the Queen thinks Charles goes to easy on the boy and that's why his temper and image and what not, aren't what she would expect.

As I said, I will do some looking, and see if I can locate the article!

Here's the article! It was originally posted by a group member in the Absolutely William Yahoo group. Enjoy! In my opinion, it's about time someone does something, it's getting ridiculous that William keeps finding things to hide behind. THe way I see it, if he hates being in the public eye so much then he needs to denounce his rights to the throne and then go on to live his life on his own...

Queen to seize control of grooming Prince; Charles too weak to guide own son, she says.

THE Queen is to seize control of grooming Prince William for the throne - because she fears Charles is too weak to prepare him for the job.

Senior Royal sources have told The People she suspects the Prince of Wales is too soft on his eldest son and is allowing him to shun his Royal duties.

She also wants to take a more hands on role in Prince Harry's life, having been "horrified" at his late night scuffle with photographers last month.

A source revealed: "The Queen is desperately concerned about the direction the two young Princes' lives are taking.

"Her patience with William is turning to exasperation at his unwillingness to take on more responsibilities despite reaching the age of 22.

"When she was William's age she was only a few years from becoming Queen and public engagements were second nature to her. But William's shyness and hatred of being in the public eye means he is rarely seen. The Queen is determined he must overcome all that and learn to put his public duty first."

The source said the Queen was also intensely worried at Harry's love of nightclubs, smoking and drinking - and believes Charles has been too indulgent with both boys after the death of their mother Princess Diana.

The insider added: "The Queen wants to make sure her grandsons learn that with enormous privileges come responsibilities.

"She basically fears Charles is too weak and she has become increasingly dismayed by his inability to steer them in the direction of duty.

"At the same time she is acutely aware that he is by no means certain to want the top job if he has to choose between the throne and Camilla.

"So there is always the possibility that William could be thrust into the limelight at a young age. And she feels she needs to seize control of William's grooming as a matter of urgency."

In particular, she wants William to do more royal duties and it is no accident he will join her at the Cenotaph next Sunday.

It is understood the "grooming" issue will be discussed at the next meeting of the Way Ahead Group - the closed door get-togethers of senior royals and top courtiers.

Another senior source said: "The Queen has reigned for more than 50 years. She knows what the job entails while, to put it bluntly, Charles does not. She wants William to benefit from her wisdom.

That article originated in "People," which is one of the London tabloids. I'm not sure how reliable it is; many of the tabloids print stuff like this will very little factual basis simply because it sells.

I didn't realize that-the original poster in the Yahoo group didn't give the original source...

Too bad we don't know how reliable it is, it would be nice if someone would finally step up and tell William he's being a big baby. He goes on an on in interviews about how wrong the stories are that he doesn't want to become King, but then uses anything and everything he can as an excuse to get out of attending Royal functions and attending to Royal Duties...

It's time people stop coddling him and babying him when it comes to the press and his royal duties. His father and grandmother were both participating in Official engagements by the time they were his age as were/are heirs to other thrones...it's time he stepped up to his destiny and duty and quit playing the spoiled brat routine which is getting very very old.

Last edited:
when do you think it will be time for him to take on royal dutues
will he do military training after university if so where

I think if he goes into the military it won't actually be because he want's to but because he's sees that as a way to prolong his exposure from the media.

I think with all the poor press attention Harry is recieving now (because he's not in school and there's no deal), William will be thinking even more about heading into the military and striking up yet another deal with the press. And I think if the press actually takes another deal they are stupid.

William needs to grow up and face the music. Whether he likes it or not, his life is in ths spotlight. And whether he is heir to the throne or not, it always will be.

Well, once he's finished university, he won't have any excuses for trying to avoid his responsibilities as a monarch in the making.

I think the previous Prince of Wales (Edward VIII) was groomed for his role as king by several long trips to parts of the empire, where he was supposed to see at first hand how these countries were governed and what went on there. Since the United Kingdom is at least as connected to the USA and to Europe as to the Commonwealth these days, having William repeat what Edward did would probably not make sense. It seems as though Charles was eased into his role as Prince of Wales by just taking on more and more royal responsibilities; if he had formal "king school" education in the way that Victoria did, it wasn't given a lot of publicity.

has he done any internchip while at school in connection with his education at ST andrew
what i understand he has his first patronchip now

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince William's graduation from St Andews, June 2005

lol of all the pics BBC news of William did they have to choose that one? haha

I hope he starts representing the royal family in official acts. I think he is old enough for doing that already. Less than his father but at least similar to his uncles.

They just showed a clip of William's graduation here on NBC. The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla were in attendance. They showed when they called his name, William Wales and when he was hooded. (at least that is what it is called here in the States)

Queen and Prince Charles arriving to Saint Andrews

From Terra

Attachments

• 71f97f2ee3073g.jpg
    71f97f2ee3073g.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 71f97f2ee3394g.jpg
    71f97f2ee3394g.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 659
From getty

Attachments

• 53137228.jpg
    53137228.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 326
  • 53137242.jpg
    53137242.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 278
  • 53137243.jpg
    53137243.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 333
From BBC News:

_40657468_wills300.jpg

William graduates from St Andrews

Prince William was "delighted" the Queen was among leading Royals attending his graduation ceremony at St Andrews University, he said.

The prince, who attained a class 2:1 degree in geography, collected the honour at a ceremony on Thursday.

His father, Prince Charles, also attended, along with the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke of Edinburgh.

William, 23, will spend the summer doing work experience in the City, as well as joining a mountain rescue team.

Hundreds of well-wishers lined the streets of the Scottish town to greet the Royal party.

After the ceremony, and still wearing his black silk graduation robe, Prince William shook hands with members of the public as he made his way to Fife constabulary to thank them for "their constant support" during his time at the Scottish institution.

"Today there is a great degree of interest in seeing him," said St Andrews resident Sybil Gray, 72.

"I also got a good look at the Queen who I thought looked very well and happy to be at her grandson's graduation."

The prince paid tribute to the people of St Andrews, saying he had "thoroughly enjoyed" his four years at the university and was "sad to leave".

"I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has made my time here so enjoyable," he said.

"I have been able to lead as 'normal' a student life as I could have hoped for and I'm very grateful to everyone, particularly the locals, who have helped make this happen."

He also paid tribute to the Queen: "Today is a very special day for me and I am delighted that I can share it with my family, and in particular with my grandmother, who has made such an effort to come, having been under the weather."

Prince William, who has shown an interest in an Army career, will also learn land management on a country estate during the summer.

But first he will fly to New Zealand to meet the touring British and Irish Lions team.

While there he will also carry out his first solo engagements, on behalf of the Queen, by attending ceremonies in Wellington and Auckland in July to mark the anniversary of the end of World War II.

Prince William said he was looking forward to his work experience.

"I very much hope that these work placements will give me hands-on experience in three very different but important areas," he said.

"The work experience in the City was something I was particularly keen to do as I feel that this is an area in which I could learn a lot and it may well help me with charitable fund-raising in the future.

"The land management experience will hopefully allow me to develop skills and an understanding of how to best look after the countryside.

"Joining a mountain rescue team really appealed to me as I can learn at first hand how these amazing people help save lives on a regular basis."

William's 2:1 class degree beats his father's 2:2 from Cambridge, making him one of the most academically successful royals.

_40656586_queen.jpg

The Queen was given a tiny gown for William by St Andrews students two weeks after his birth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom