William and Harry's Education

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a big day in William's life. Accomplishments have been made that we should be discussing, instead we are discussing whether Camilla belonged at the ceremony or not...

It seems people of the world are more hurt and stung by the fact that Camilla and Charles are married then the people who matter most, William and Harry, and everyone in their families. It simply amazes me how long people can hold a grudge against someone they don't know.

selrahc4 said:
I watched the video clip of Prince William's graduation available at bbc.com. My player didn't render it very clearly, but it looked like there was a sequence showing The Queen greeting The Duchess of Cornwall where the Duchess curtsied and I believe they did the cheek-to-cheek thing.

Did anyone actually see this on television?

It can be seen also in the Internet video clip. The Duchess kissed the Queen on both cheeks and then curtsied. It is low quality, so I didn't notice the fact when I saw the clip two days ago.
Check the clip again. The correspondent comments the kiss and this helps to catch the moment.
After the Queen, Camilla kissed the Duke of Edinburgh.

Page with video link: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4120776.stm#

I think people have to remember that while we've only had since Febuary to get used to Charles and Camilla 'official' relationship, William and Harry will have had a lot longer. Of course William is going to invite Camilla to his graduation. Had Diana been alive and Charles and Camilla married she would have still been there. These are people who are living their lives, doing ordinary things like graduations just as thousands of families do every year, many with stranger set ups than the royals i.e. two set of step-families, aunts that brought children up, foster carers, biological parents, carers etc. The list could go on. All of those people 'get on with it' Why should our Royal Family be any different.
In fact at Peter Phillips graduation both his father and step father were there. Similarly when Zara Phillips competes both her step father and step mother and sister Stephanie have been known to be present.

I think people have to remember that while we've only had since Febuary to get used to Charles and Camilla 'official' relationship, William and Harry will have had a lot longer.

This is a very good point. I think there's a lot of projecting going on - people want William and Harry's behaviour to reflect the way those people feel rather than the way William and Harry are likely to feel.

Unfortunately, whether Camilla was there or not, she was going to be the talking point rather than William's achievements in graduating with a good degree.

corazon said:
unbelievable, I do not understand to wills. he venerates to diana but he does this...............:(

Well, I think William is an intelligent young man and he has understood that his father is deeply in love with Camilla PB and can't live without her, so he has more or less accepted her,what he feels deep in this heart is another story :p

And also, what else do you want him to do ? He can't shake her hand in front of all these people, so he kisses her when he sees her but that doesn't mean he's forgotten his mother.

i think it would be brilliant if William had the same kind of training that Victoria's getting. It's laughable that all he's been given is etiquette lessons. i also agree that he's using his education to stall the start of his public life. i think, having said all this, we can see that he really doesn't want to become king.

Victoria is next in line. William still has his father in between. With QE's good health, there is really no rush. Besides, being born is all that required to get that job.

Did Prince William receive Bachelor degree or Master degree?

Some news reported that he got Bachelor degree,( 4 years) but some news reported that he got Master degree (2 years).

Or Prince William studied BA/MA (6 year-program)?

Prince William's graduation from St Andews, June 2005

sriwadee said:
Some news reported that he got Bachelor degree,( 4 years) but some news reported that he got Master degree (2 years).

Or Prince William studied BA/MA (6 year-program)?

In Scotland at University of St. Andrews:
1) Ordinary (2 years)
2) BA ( I believe it would be 3 years)
3) BA Honours 3/4 years
4) MA 4 years (this is there general degree)
5) MA Honours this is 4 years and you have to do extra modules.
In the UK Prince William could I think do a PhD.

Last edited:
It looks as though the undergraduate degrees in arts subjects are MA, not BA, although the science ones seem to be BSc degrees. Oxford and Cambridge also award MA and MSc degrees rather than the BA and BSc ones. In the geography department (Prince William's subject), students graduating in geography get MA degrees but those graduating in geoscience get BSc degrees.

Elspeth said:
It looks as though the undergraduate degrees in arts subjects are MA, not BA, although the science ones seem to be BSc degrees. Oxford and Cambridge also award MA and MSc degrees rather than the BA and BSc ones. In the geography department (Prince William's subject), students graduating in geography get MA degrees but those graduating in geoscience get BSc degrees.

He recived a MA Honours in Geography a 4 year degree. It mean the that you more modules units in you 4th year. Is this not true?
JennLlama1st: 70% + overall
2.1: 60-70% overall
2.2: 50-60% overall
3rd: 40-50% overall
Pass: 35-40% overall
Fail: less than 35% overall
[qoute]usa1981
From the University of St Andrews Undergraduate Prospectus Entry 2005:
Year 1: 6 Sublects
6 modules each 20 credits or 12 modules each 10 credits
Year 2: 6 Subjects
6 modules each 20 credits or 12 modules each 10 credits
Year 3: 2 Subjects
Modules to total 120
Year 4: 2 Subjects
Modules to total 120

how many internchip has a made now
what i know of its at a bank and at a farm

Well, he's about to go into the Army for a while. I'm not sure what else he's doing.

How long will he be in the army? will it take up all his time? I find that strange since he just took on a patronage at Centrepoint and he is a football assos. president as well:confused:

Prince Harry and th TA...?

Do you think that Officer Cadet Wales should have done TA whale he was attending Eton College?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why on earth would he bother with the TA's when he intended going into the real Army?:confused:

Hmmm, perhaps he wouldn't have had to take 2 gap years to mature enough for Sandhurst if he had previously had some kind of training? Of course, he did participate in the Eton cadet force....not sure, maybe. Is it possible to transition from the TA to the regular army?

GreenLily said:
Hmmm, perhaps he wouldn't have had to take 2 gap years to mature enough for Sandhurst if he had previously had some kind of training? Of course, he did participate in the Eton cadet force....not sure, maybe. Is it possible to transition from the TA to the regular army?

No, the TA are known as part time soldiers, that is to say they have other jobs, so he would have to have started at the beginning again. Having been in the cadet corps helps a little, as it shows your commitment but, it still does not guarantee you a place!:)
Some men and women take years to decide to try to become Officers and not all of them are successful:eek:

Maybe if he was in the TA, it would mean he had to stay for a certain ammount of time, and he wouldn't have wanted to do that since he did his GAP year then went to Sandhurst?

Aussie Princess said:
Maybe if he was in the TA, it would mean he had to stay for a certain ammount of time, and he wouldn't have wanted to do that since he did his GAP year then went to Sandhurst?

With the TA you commit to doing a certain amount of training each week, (drill night), after the initial training period and roughly 14 days away training each year, sometimes with the regulars. You can leave at any time, as long as it is not when you are on active service.:)

Oh. Then I guess he just didn't want to do it!:p
He was involved in something at school wasn't he? I know he lead some sort of cadet parade at Eton?

Aussie Princess said:
Oh. Then I guess he just didn't want to do it!:p
He was involved in something at school wasn't he? I know he lead some sort of cadet parade at Eton?

Yes, he was in the Eton Cadet Corps.

He wouldn't have been able to commit to the TA while he was at school and I think he had more or less decided that he wanted to make the regular army his career.:)

Yes, and I think he'll make a great army man too! It seems it's been something he's been passionate about for a long time! I am not so sure about William. I'm sure he will also do very well though, but I think Harry will be an army man for many many years to come!

William and art history

Even though William changed his major to geography, it seems that his interest in art history is strong because he passed the subject at A-level during his Eton years and he enjoyed it enough to choose it for a major when he began his studies at university level. So I wonder if he has a favorite artist, a favorite style of art, and/or a favorite historical portrait-subject. I also wonder if he has read the DaVinci Code. Has he read Dan Brown's other books? Has he explored the wider context of Mary Magdalene culture?
now I am off into something of a tangent. I wish William would come by and answer these questions for himself! :p

I don't know if he's ever talked about art history in any of his interviews. Does anyone have anything they could contribute? I mean, nice though it would be to have William come along for a Q&A session, I somehow doubt that it'll happen...

considering the rare art Will was surrounded by while he was growing up, it would be difficult for him not to be interested in the history of it. I have always thought of Will as a thinker, he probably spent hours looking at portraits of his ansestors, and thought about their lives.IMO it seems that The Davinci Code would interest him, he seems like a curious guy. I doubt that he would get into the Magdalene culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom