William and Harry's Education

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic, this pic of Wills "topless," check out the old woman in the back with a camera, taking a pic for posterity ;)

Attachments

• 526875L.jpg
    526875L.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 385
By invitation only

Al_bina said:
Duchess of Cornwall strives to be at every event relating to Princess Diana's sons trying to display her "care and concern" for them.
It's quite simple really; Camilla would only have been at Prince William's graduation because she had been invited.

Congrats Prince William..

His matured in many ways since his mother's death and she would be so proud of him today.. Also his matured his looks now, looks different from 8yrs ago..

Good on ya Wills

Some more pictures

From Colourpress

Attachments

• william.jpg
    william.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 254
  • william2.jpg
    william2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 242
  • william3.jpg
    william3.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 342
  • william4.jpg
    william4.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 353
  • william5.jpg
    william5.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 272
  • william6.jpg
    william6.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 226
  • william7.jpg
    william7.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 374
  • william8.jpg
    william8.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 507
Why is Prince Charles wearing a black tie and handkerchief?

NJRedDevils said:
Congrats Prince William..

His matured in many ways since his mother's death and she would be so proud of him today.. Also his matured his looks now, looks different from 8yrs ago..

Good on ya Wills

I agree with you. Princess Diana would be real proud of her son if she was still among us today. I think William is a very decent young man and he'll be a very good king in the future.

Cheers Wills:):)

Some more pictures, also from Colourpress

Attachments

• william9.jpg
    william9.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 261
  • william19.jpg
    william19.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 293
  • william18.jpg
    william18.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 277
  • william17.jpg
    william17.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 366
  • william16.jpg
    william16.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 267
  • william15.jpg
    william15.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 297
  • william14.jpg
    william14.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 337
  • william11.jpg
    william11.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 359
  • william10.jpg
    william10.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 348
Al_bina said:
Duchess of Cornwall strives to be at every event relating to Princess Diana's sons trying to display her "care and concern" for them.

Honestly, the Duchess is so obvious. She'll never be able to take Diana's place in Wills and Harry's hearts. The boys just love their father so I think that's why they tolerate her and accepted the wedding.:rolleyes:

Congratulation prince William
1.he looked so handsome in the gradutaion ceremony
2.Kate's skirt was inappropriate,too short for a formal ceremony.

sara1981 said:
TELEGRAPH NEWS
[...]
The Queen smiled. This was the first graduation she had attended for a member of her family and it clearly meant a lot to the prince.
[...]

Didn't she attend her children's graduation?

Honestly, the Duchess is so obvious. She'll never be able to take Diana's place in Wills and Harry's hearts. The boys just love their father so I think that's why they tolerate her and accepted the wedding.:rolleyes:

Florence,
I do agree with your point completely. William and Harry do not want to complicate life of their father, because no one can choose parents.

Warren said:
It's quite simple really; Camilla would only have been at Prince William's graduation because she had been invited.

Warren,
That is true as well. She has to be invited. If otherwise, Prince of Wales will not appear.

unbelievable, I do not understand to wills. he venerates to diana but he does this...............:(

Attachments

• carlos, camila y wills.JPG
    carlos, camila y wills.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 479
corazon said:
unbelievable, I do not understand to wills. he venerates to diana but he does this...............:(

Surely whatever affection William has for his mother's memory doesn't preclude having friendship for someone else. It doesn't have to be one or the other; it can be both.

you think that if?

selrahc4 said:
Surely whatever affection William has for his mother's memory doesn't preclude having friendship for someone else. It doesn't have to be one or the other; it can be both.

Very smart of you to point this out. To hug or kiss Camilla like William did last week at a polo game doesn't mean that William doesn't love his mom or that he's disgracing or dishonouring her memory. To say that there isn't room in William's life or in his heart for Camilla because his entire life or his entire heart should be with Diana is to also exclude his grandmother, his aunts, Kate or any other girls that William may meet.

Of course William's love and affection for Camilla isn't the same as the love and affection he has for Diana, but that doesn't mean he can't love Camilla or care about Camilla.

I don't understand why things have to be either black and white when it comes to Camilla and Diana: You either like Diana or you like Camilla but you can't like both women. Since Charles is married to Camilla not to mention the three decade long relationshiop, now you might as well say that to love Charles is also wrong and also to disrespect Diana's marriage because Charles loves Camilla and to love Charles also means to love Camilla.

People who think that William can only like his mother or that to like Camilla is to disrespect his mother's memory are really being unfair to him, to make him only choose one maternal figure in his life. His mother is gone, and while nobody ever said that Camilla is trying to replace Diana, she is now a maternal source in his life. Not to mention that it makes William seem incredibly simple and stupid that he can only love one person and since he's kissing or hugging Camilla he loves the wrong person.

This is such nonsense. Camilla is his step-mother. Would it be better if she just stayed at home and twiddled her thumb rather than attend one of the most important days of his life? Would it be better if Camilla attended with Charles but William snubbed her?

Okay, I'm no princess, but my story is rather similiar to William's. My father cheated on my mother with his boss' secretary. He humiliated my mother to the point she tried to kill herself.

My parents split when I was 5, one year later my father and his 'lover' moved in together. It's been 21 years and nowadays I'm good friends with her - who was the woman responsible for the wreck of my parents marriage - my mother ENCOURAGED this friendship.

I lost my mother at the age of 16 and not a day goes by without me thinking about her, missing her. I supposed that William missed Diana terribly during his graduation ceremony. I know I did miss my mom while I was going through my own graduation ceremony.

Bottom line is, it is better to cultivate a good relationship. Camilla is Charles' wife now, William and Harry had enough time to get used to this situation before she became an official member of the Royal House. She's their step-mother and never will take the place of Diana in their hearts, but that doesn't mean that the boys can't show affection to her.

Living in bitterness is bad. It makes you feel bad, it provokes illnesses. Besides, it could create a terrible environment for Charles, because he would be faced with the terrible choice: my sons or my wife?

Please, as someone who's lost her mother and has her father married to the woman responsible for the ending of his wedding, I think I can say that Wills is doing the best for him as a person and for the institution that he's part of that is known as the British Royal Family.

People who think that William can only like his mother or that to like Camilla is to disrespect his mother's memory are really being unfair to him, to make him only choose one maternal figure in his life.

Yes - I think that a lot of the people who demand that William ignore Camilla or try to make sure she doesn't appear at events focused on the boys are actually indulging their own dislike of Camilla and veneration of Diana rather than really being concerned about William and his future.

Good point Genevieve, and Meredith (I'm so sorry...I'm glad you shared because it gives a different point of view to a lot of people, and might open up their minds a bit, even thought that must be hard to deal with let alone share with everyone. I salute you for it!).

I understand his opinions, but I remember to read when william gave tissues to her mother after a fight with charles. well, the reason for the fights was camilla. in a personal opinion, I hate camilla for every diana's tear , by the form in which she was deceived. and Wills knows that
is very good for wanting to live peacefully the present, but it can forget the pain a loved near person?

I don't think any of us know what William thinks about this whole business or whether he really thinks his mother was completely blameless, or what. While he was growing up, Diana's side of the story was getting out to the press more effectively than Charles's side, and a lot of people took her side because it appeared to be the only one. William knows a lot more about his family life than any of us do; whatever his motive for being friendly to Camilla, it's a far more civilised approach than being openly hostile.

it wasn't only camilla fault but also it is fault of his father

if william forgive her , that just because he forgive his father before .

But i think it seems that The Duchess still can not win the Queen's acceptance.We can see that although the Duchess has been at some Royal events like Trooping the Colour,or Royal Ascot and now Prince William's Graduation Ceremony but the Queen does not look at or smile or talks to the Duchess.

I agree with your opinions,it's certainly better for the boys and Camilla to live in peace,but still seeing Will being very friendly with the woman who broke down her mother's world and ambitions is very disgusting to me.

I agree with you.

cute_girl said:
I agree with your opinions,it's certainly better for the boys and Camilla to live in peace,but still seeing Will being very friendly with the woman who broke down her mother's world and ambitions is very disgusting to me.

But Charles was just as responsible for his affair with Camilla during his marriage to Diana, and Diana was just as responsible for hers and Charles' marriage ending -- so why single Camilla out and insist that William's (and Harry's) acceptance of Camilla be "disgusting" or a sacrilige to Diana and her memory? To say that Diana's unhappiness was Camilla's fault is not accurate -- Diana's unhappiness was also Charles' doing as well as her own. So to insist that William and Harry dislike Camilla for the sake of their mother's memory because Camilla is the one who ruined her marriage is to also say that the boys should hate their father.

I also don't think that Camilla is an ambitious woman at all. I don't think she married Charles simply for the title (otherwise she would've fought harder to be called Princess of Wales and Queen, not just a consort despite public opinon).

I think it's great that William and Harry accept Camilla as they do. It shows tremendous respect for their father and the choice he's made in his life to be with Camilla, as well as the maturity of the boys -- that even though Camilla was part of the reason for their mother's unhappiness, she does make their father happy, and that loving both parents equally, their father's happiness is just as important as their mother's happiness were she alive.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
But i think it seems that The Duchess still can not win the Queen's acceptance.We can see that although the Duchess has been at some Royal events like Trooping the Colour,or Royal Ascot and now Prince William's Graduation Ceremony but the Queen does not look at or smile or talks to the Duchess.

I watched the video clip of Prince William's graduation available at bbc.com. My player didn't render it very clearly, but it looked like there was a sequence showing The Queen greeting The Duchess of Cornwall where the Duchess curtsied and I believe they did the cheek-to-cheek thing.

Did anyone actually see this on television?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom