The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it's a form of prejudice I suppose. Perhaps Harry should establish the Red Headed League! And bearded or beardless I've always found Harry very attractive.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Commoner

Harry 100% He has tons of personality which is one of my top features.I dont like guys that are too serious.Hes also IMO more attractive and approachable.Looks like a guy you can have banter with

Old 12-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Honestly what do people have against red hair? I don't find it to be a negative in someone's appearance. I find Harry's beard quite attractive on him.

Jamie Fraser indeed (aka Sam Heughan)! How can a person not love red hair?

I've loved Harry's beard since he grew it. I think it adds something to him.

LaRae
Old 12-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
Harry 100% He has tons of personality which is one of my top features.I dont like guys that are too serious.Hes also IMO more attractive and approachable.Looks like a guy you can have banter with
And he's quite tactile, most women like that sort of thing.

LaRae
Old 12-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Well, seeing as Harry and William are both off the market this is purely hypothetical

I think if I could choose I'd prefer to have Harry. He seems more lively and fun-loving than William, who has always been more serious and reserved to me. The fact that Harry is not a future king is also an appeal to me - whilst I wouldn't mind marrying into the BRF, I wouldn't want to have the responsibilities of being a queen consort.
And, whist we're talking about looks, Harry is the more good-looking out of the two brothers for me.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-29-2017, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

William has aged baaad! Harry may have finally started losing his hair but he is still relatively good looking and has been better looking than his brother since the early 2000's.
On the other hand I agree with your sentiment on red hair Denville especially that orange color Harry has but I guess I've grown used to it or his personality, face etc. outweigh the hair. Sam Heughgan is also one of the few men who looks good with red hair.

And before anyone starts I don't buy into PC "everyone is beautiful" and you shouldn't have preferences. Finding a physical trait unappealing is acceptable imo.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-29-2017, 04:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
William has aged baaad! Harry may have finally started losing his hair but he is still relatively good looking and has been better looking than his brother since the early 2000's.
On the other hand I agree with your sentiment on red hair Denville especially that orange color Harry has but I guess I've grown used to it or his personality, face etc. outweigh the hair. Sam Heughgan is also one of the few men who looks good with red hair.

And before anyone starts I don't buy into PC "everyone is beautiful" and you shouldn't have preferences. Finding a physical trait unappealing is acceptable imo.
There is a difference. Having a preference for or finding a certain physical trait personally appealing or not is fine. I don't care if you are more physically attracted to a guy/girl with blonde hair. That's not the point.
The prejudice against red haired people and disdain for them is real and it is wrong. My son is a redhead and he has experienced that derision. He shouldn't be made to feel inferior because of the hair color he was born with.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

Yeah the whole "He has red hair so no" thing is odd. To each their own but to use that as a factual reason for how he is not attractive is a bit much and actually offensive. That is not a character or physical flaw.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

On a superficial, looks only, note - it makes him stand out and it makes Harry Harry.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:44 AM
Majesty

I have a good friend who is/was a ginger and was horribly teased growing up.

Anyone who thinks they don't like red hair I have a name for you:

Sam Haughen (aka Jamie Frasier).

Tell me you'd turn that one away from the door. Not likely.

LaRae
Old 12-29-2017, 11:44 AM
Nobility

This entire thread is so weird and icky to me. I can not imagine if there was a thread that was "Who would you choose? Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie?" And then had 19 pages of people saying Beatrice is aging badly or Eugenie 's jaw is too manly or Beatrice's red hair is ugly...etc...

This thread is only here because it's about two men.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
There is a difference. Having a preference for or finding a certain physical trait personally appealing or not is fine. I don't care if you are more physically attracted to a guy/girl with blonde hair. That's not the point.
The prejudice against red haired people and disdain for them is real and it is wrong. My son is a redhead and he has experienced that derision. He shouldn't be made to feel inferior because of the hair color he was born with.
Whatever problems you have in the real world shouldn't be taken out on people on this board who have done nothing to you or your son. The only thing occurring in here is a statement on attractive physical qualities; no different than someone expressing they don't find women with short hair attractive.

Tihkon you do bring up a good point for consideration.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-23-2018, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
This entire thread is so weird and icky to me. I can not imagine if there was a thread that was "Who would you choose? Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie?" And then had 19 pages of people saying Beatrice is aging badly or Eugenie 's jaw is too manly or Beatrice's red hair is ugly...etc...

This thread is only here because it's about two men.
well I would have said it was or should be a thread about their personalities. But it seem as if it was about their looks.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thing to remember too is that this thread was started 15 years ago when both William and Harry were very single and very eligible young men. Both were considered to be heart throbs in their own ways back then. William also had hair and it was party days.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~

Tags
prince harry, prince william