The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Politicians and movie stars/musicians can make the decision to basically withdraw from public life. They can retire and more or less live privately. Plus, it wouldn't be so bad marrying a royal who was less well-known. The problem with William and Harry now is that they're probably among the most recognisable people in the world and so they're going to attract a certain level of attention wherever they are. I really don't envy them or their significant others.
I believe that is pretty much why the Harry Chelsy relationship didn't work. So if she had to choose, she didn't pick Harry. I think the William Catherine wedding was the straw for her, she realized that Harry came w/ a lot of royal baggage. No small wedding, no life in Africa, just a lot of formality and answering to the British public.

So she picked herself.

I have to agree with you guys and Chelsy as well.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'd prefer to already be a royal and someone marry me

Old 08-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

My thoughts exactly Lumutqueen! Easier that way. :)
Old 09-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry is the better looking one imo, so based on only the physical I am going for him, despite the fact that I don't like guys with red hair. But if someone came to me and said I could marry any Prince/royal in Europe, WnH would not be in my top 5.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-09-2017, 12:00 AM
Commoner

I would pick Harry because he is handsome. But I think he should shave his beard. I loved him without his beard lol
Old 01-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Majesty

What kind of question is this? One should pick one or another based on looks, empathy etc? It looks like it is a beauty contest. lol.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

Harry definitely. I am completely dissapointed in William
Old 04-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry better looking??? Good lord, he's downright plain with the goofy face, the spikey red hair.. WIlliam's lost his hair and lost a lot of his good looks, but he did have them. Personally I don't care for either of them.
Will's good looks come wit a dull personality. harry's dull too, not very bright and haphazard and I find all the stuff about his "she is goig to marry him. Oh no she's not" roamnces very tiresome..
Old 04-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry ...there is something about him that's for sure
Old 04-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry has a cheeky, vital quality that transcends conventional good looks, even though he's now balding. He also has a little gap between his (small) teeth that is very cute. He doesn't have the Windsor gnashers, and also has a great physique. So, it's Harry all the way for me!
Old 04-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Back when this thread was started in 2003, both William and Harry were much younger, single and had all their hair. They also were 20 and 18 at the time and serious heartthrobs for the masses of adoring girls out there.

I'd have to say that William strikes me as having a more serious nature and is more introverted like his father at times. He seems to have the mannerisms that will serve him well as a king. The first word that comes to mind about Harry is that he is impish. Always ready to jump in and have a good time and is very open and expresses what he is feeling easily. He has a zest for life that is going to be an asset for him wherever he goes.

I think Harry has gotten a lot better looking with age whereas William increasingly looks more and more like a Windsor every day.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Commoner

I'd choose Harry, but I'd wait to see who'll be his wife.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think Harry has gotten a lot better looking with age whereas William increasingly looks more and more like a Windsor every day.
I agree that Will's good looks have faded, the loss of hair and he's put on a bit of weight. but Harry hasn't improved. H e's still plain.
He does have a lilvey personality which is endearing, but I'm sick of the endless romance stories, and I have gone off him now that hes left the army.
WIlliam has something of Charles' seriousness but not IMO C's brains or hard work ethic. Not that he's totally lazy but he's not IMO that fond of work, and he isn't very charismatic...
Old 04-08-2017, 03:10 AM
Majesty

Honestly neither. Maybe it's because they are younger than me, William only by a year but still. Even when he was single. I have always liked a more mature man, both in age and looks.

Personality wise I'd choose Harry. William is a bit boring and serious for me. Gives me the middle aged farmer vibe. Harry seems more spirited, sense of humor.

Honestly if he was single, and I had to marry a Windsor I would choose the Earl of Ulster. More mature looks. And while I'd get to attend royal events, we'd be private citizens and I could continue working. Even as a kid I never had the whole princess fantasy. Other then being belle and getting a library.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Please note that an off topic post (and the subsequent replies) has been deleted.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Honestly neither. Maybe it's because they are younger than me, William only by a year but still. Even when he was single. I have always liked a more mature man, both in age and looks.

Personality wise I'd choose Harry. William is a bit boring and serious for me. Gives me the middle aged farmer vibe. Harry seems more spirited, sense of humor.

Honestly if he was single, and I had to marry a Windsor I would choose the Earl of Ulster. More mature looks. And while I'd get to attend royal events, we'd be private citizens and I could continue working. Even as a kid I never had the whole princess fantasy. Other then being belle and getting a library.
We must be around the same age Countessmeout OMG - yes on the Earl of Ulster and "getting a library" part too!

If I had to chose - I'd go with William. Although he is stubborn, I suspect William has a wicked and very sarcastic humorous side. Harry seems like he has a high-fun need and I cannot handle someone like that.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Royal Highness

William. I think Harry in many respects got the short end of the stick. This younger generation is the first time in royal history in which being royal bumps against being one of us, being normal, every day people. There is a reason for them and us. It may work for other royal families, but I am not so sure here. I do not pretend to know or understand why they make the choices they make, but I firmly believe this will not end well. We all have a right to our views, and simply because they do not match the "popular" ones, we still have a right to them.

The Queen, in 65 years, has managed to steer the monarchy through her uncle, father's early death, the 60's, the War of the Wales, her sister's choices, Fergie, 1992, Camilla... she has prevailed. BUT, she remains above, no interviews, no real knowledge of her personal views or beliefs.

William and Catherine have shown us the steadfast, whole, calm, firm, complete continuance after the Queen and Prince Phillip.

For this I choose William.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not talking about a romantic partnership here, but I tink that of the "young foursome" as they now are, William is the best of the bunch. I admired Harry's army service, but it cant be denied that he was only in action for short periods of time.. and now he's left. He's a nice chap and it remains to be seen what he'll be like as a full time royal. BUt William seems to have the most gravitas, and something of his mother's warmth, but much more restrained.. I like his sympathy with bereaved children, I think that is something that comes from the heart with him..
Old 12-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

William, he comes across as more responsible and steady. Something I admire in a man. Looks will always fade and change with time so that is not number one with me as it did {I am sure} when I was younger and maturity hadn't kicked-in yet. Have talked about this with my friends in UK a few times as most have more than once been in their company. Harry is a love and great to have a drink and talk sports and dates with. William actually is deeper and can hold a conversation and opinion on many subjects. Both nice but completely different. Impossible to compare on most levels. Just their opinion, I never met.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

I dare say that Harry has more depth than some people here give him credit for.

As for me, William has lost his warmth - he is totally "Middleton-ed". I see little left of his mother in him, that has gone to Harry. I see more of Diana in Harry than in William.
Harry appears more approachable and that is what I find important.

Tags
prince harry, prince william