British Royals Visit to Malta and Uganda: November 20-24, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this one , the Queen talking to the Prime Minister of India,
interested and without a hat and glasses, that's very lovely :)

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, second left, her husband prince Philip, left,
Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall prior to the Queens
Banquet for the Commonwealths Heads of Government in Kampala, Uganda
Friday Nov. 23, 2007.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5
Thanks a lot for photos!:flowers:
Her Majesty looked fabulous. As for Duchess of Cornwall, I fully agree with those members, who have stated "Less is more".

Why is an excuse needed? She wore a tiara and a necklace, she didn't tear off a baby's head and wear it as brooch. She hasn't committed a crime, she's worn jewellery given to her by her mother-in-law. The way some people are going on you'd think she'd done a Harry and worn an SS uniform. The Queen gave her the jewellery, she wore it, like everything she wears you either like it or you don't - the important thing is, she liked it, she looked comfortable and she had a ball.
Wearing such prominent pieces to an event where The Queen herself (whether given by the Queen or not is neither here or there given they are not the only pieces in her collection) kept her jewellery to a mininal can be read as being really quite excessively grandiose and I think it was.
Of course, it's possible Charles had an influence in what she wore and if so then his taste remains much to be desired at times.

But it's always great seeing photo's of the Duchess so I'm glade of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wearing such prominent pieces to an event where The Queen herself (whether given by the Queen or not is neither here or there given they are not the only pieces in her collection) kept her jewellery to a mininal can be read as being really quite excessively grandiose and I think it was.
Ahem. The Queen GAVE Camilla the jewels to wear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why couldn't it just be a matter of personal taste in jewelry?

I completely agree. I don't think there's a lot of mileage in Camilla outshining the Queen at events where they're both present. That's a trick Diana was very good at (although she didn't do it with jewels), and it didn't go down too well. Camilla may be the future Queen Consort, but the Queen is still the Queen, and the other royal ladies shouldn't forget it.
I am sure Camilla did not set out to outshine the Queen. The Queen herself would have approved (or more probably, suggested) the use of the jewellery by Camilla, so there is no questioning of outshining

Last edited:
Camilla looks the best she's ever looked on this trip. Thanks for the info and links :)

Well didn´t the late Queen Mum always wear that combination of jewelry too (the Greville jewels), nobody ever complained that she was outshing her reigning monarch. Anyway, IMHO it is impossible to outshine the Queen of Great-Britain, even without any jewels everybody would still know that she is the most important one in the room (she is probably the best known woman in the world).

Ahem. The Queen GAVE Camilla the jewels to wear.

Raspy throat? Awww, should go see you're GP about that..lol.

She may have 'given' them, but to wear them both and without alterations was a poor show on her behalf.

If Charles and Camilla had have represented The Queen then I guess I could understand why the need to display such a mass of 'finnery' but when The Queen is herself present and when it's her Commonwealth..take a back seat Camz and let Lizy lead the way in all things!

Camilla could have made some adjustments but didn't and I think it was in poor taste.

Why couldn't it just be a matter of personal taste in jewelry?

Well if that's what she'd normally wear then her taste really is quite horrid. I'm hopeful the Duchess wears it only because she's a member of the royal family and as such, is expected to look her part..though not like a reigning consort as was the case.

I truly think that the overall impression could have been greatly inhanced by the removal of two strands and different earrings.

Well didn´t the late Queen Mum always wear that combination of jewelry too

Yes, but the difference being it suited her. Elizabeth was of the era where more is best, Camilla is not.

Anyway, I just hope next time we see it, it's been altered.

Last edited:
Well didn´t the late Queen Mum always wear that combination of jewelry too (the Greville jewels), nobody ever complained that she was outshing her reigning monarch. Anyway, IMHO it is impossible to outshine the Queen of Great-Britain, even without any jewels everybody would still know that she is the most important one in the room (she is probably the best known woman in the world).

She wore the tiara a lot but the necklace with all five rows was only worn a few times by her, sometimes she wore with 3 rows. Most of the time the Queenmother combinied the tiara wuith a diamond and pearl necklace which was not see since her death.

The pearl and diamond necklace you talk of, Stefan, belonged to Queen Alexandra having been bought for her by her husband. I find it a particularly charming piece and hope to see the Duchess wear it at some stage.

The pearl and diamond necklace you talk of, Stefan, belonged to Queen Alexandra having been bought for her by her husband. I find it a particularly charming piece and hope to see the Duchess wear it at some stage.

Or the Queen. Together with the Vladimir tiara (with pearls of course) it would look great.

Charles seeks place in Commonwealth

The Prince of Wales declared climate change the ´greatest question for mankind´as he began a visit to Uganda designed to show his dedication to the Commonwealth.

Charles seeks to seal place in Commonwealth - Telegraph

In the nation once described by Sir Winston Churchill as the ´Pearl of Africa´, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall underwent a transformation from royal dignitaries to camera-happy tourists.

Charles and Camilla play tourist in Uganda - Telegraph

Wow wow Duchess Camilla of Cornwall is much beautiful blue dress and tiara!!!! Queen Elizabeth is more beautiful dress on many dress!!!! Queen Elizabeth is beautiful his 81 age!

OH WOW! The BRF finally has someone like HM the late Queen Mary. Someone who enjoys wearing the vast number of jewels in the Royal vaults.
Good on the BRF to have someone regularly showcasing their collection for the benefit of mere mortals like us.

It did look like HRH the Duchess of Cornwall was upstaging HM the Queen but merely because of the amount of jewellery she wore. I think that no matter how hard she tries Camilla would be hard pressed to outshine Elizabeth II because of the tremendous dignity in her demeanour, radiance and beauty of her facial expressions.

Last edited:
I love diamonds...but she looks very tacky. It's overkill...sometimes these pieces should simply stay in a museum. That is unless you consider yourself some kind of Elizabeth Taylor...:lol:

thank you very much. that's why she look like someone to me. she look like Elizabeth Taylor.

But anyway, i still love her appearance. i think she's ready to become a consort. can't wait to see her wearing a garter star on her chest.

Rather than repeating the same or similar posts in both threads, further discussion of Camilla's jewels can be made in the DOC Jewels thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Hey there!

I know I'm a bit late posting this but I'm Maltese and I loved viewing all those photos of the Queen and Prince Philip in my country! Thanks for posting them everyone! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom