The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I've always much admired Her Majesty's choice to wear colours which quite often than not, reflect the landscape of whatever country she visits in an official capacity. It's done on purpose which I think is a nice gesture of sorts.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-22-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Doesen't Uganda have a monarchy?
No they have a president, The Queen used to be Queen back in the early 60s when HMs title was

Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, Queen of Uganda and of Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth (1962-1963)

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Doesen't Uganda have a monarchy?
Uganda has five traditional monarchies within a republic. Idi Admin did his best to suppress or destroy them, but they were restored in the early 1990s.
See the Royalty of Uganda thread.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Uganda has five traditional monarchies within a republic. Idi Admin did his best to suppress or destroy them, but they were restored in the early 1990s.
See the Royalty of Uganda thread.
How very interesting, I never knew about these monarchies, one really does learn a new item of Royal information everytime one visits The Royal Forums

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I've always much admired Her Majesty's choice to wear colours which quite often than not, reflects the landscape of whatever country she visits in an official capacity. It's done on purpose which I think is a nice gesture of sorts.
These were my thoughts as well, Madame Royale

HRH Queen Elizabeth II smiles as she arrives for a State Banquet
at State House on November 22, 2007 in Entebbe, Uganda.

If she wasn't the Queen, I would call her the "Snow Princess" today

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 *
Old 11-22-2007, 05:08 PM

From the Court Circular;

Quote:
Tuesday, 20th November 2007
Quote:

SAN ANTON PALACE, VALLETTA, MALTA

Today is the Sixtieth Anniversary of the Marriage of The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh.

Her Majesty invested His Royal Highness with the Royal Victorian Chain.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh left Heathrow Airport, London, this afternoon to visit Malta and Uganda.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Courtier

I noticed on Rex that there is a picture of HM at a reception in
Kampala. She has on white dress with red patterns -anyone found a better picture please?
Old 11-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

GillW, I think this is the picture you are taking about:

---> The Queen 22.11.2007
The caption says:
The Queen Examines the Burma Star Medal of Second World War Veteran Cpl Kaggwa Jatemwa
Formerly with the Kings African Rifles at a Reception in Kampala Queen Elizabeth II and Prince
Philip visit Uganda - 22 Nov

And here are the first pics of Camilla and Charles, although not the best shots

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall arrive in Uganda, ahead of the Commonwealth
Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM)

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *
Old 11-22-2007, 05:27 PM

Now, the Duchess is dressed appropriately for travelling. Simple white dress, jacket and gloves. Why the Queen insists on donning the whole kit for every move she makes is beyond me.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Now, the Duchess is dressed appropriately for travelling. Simple white dress, jacket and gloves. Why the Queen insists on donning the whole kit for every move she makes is beyond me.
One must realise this is the era Her Majesty is from, and I think that people who make an effort to turn out and see her would be very dissappointed if she did not put on her hat, handbag and gloves, that is whta one expects from The Queen.

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Gentry

Oh the Duchess is amazing. Camilla is showing a great sense of fashion. I am glad for her! :)
Old 11-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

A better shot:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 11-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Camilla is looking very tired. How long does the flight take to Uganda?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
One must realise this is the era Her Majesty is from, and I think that people who make an effort to turn out and see her would be very dissappointed if she did not put on her hat, handbag and gloves, that is whta one expects from The Queen.
I agree she's of her time but some of us are living in 2007 where the full hat and handbag combo looks a bit ridiculous when travelling. She's in danger of becoming a parody of herself.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Camilla is looking very tired. How long does the flight take to Uganda?
If i remember well the DOC hates to travel by plane...
Old 11-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

She'll 'never' visit Australia then

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I agree she's of her time but some of us are living in 2007 where the full hat and handbag combo looks a bit ridiculous when travelling. She's in danger of becoming a parody of herself.
I just realized I'm still in the 1890's, I just love the Queen for being so well groomed all the time.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Nobility

The Queen is simply looking beautiful and fabulous. Loved the outfit she was wearing when she arrived in Uganda.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I understand your point, but come on she's the queen. she's being doing things like this for a very long time, why change now? Besides, she knows that wherever she arrives there's going to be tons of photographers, she wants to show them her best face and Its what people expect to see and she knows that. most of us when we've been on a plane for so long just feel tired and dont really give a damn but then we dont have important ppl and cameras waiting for us. Plus Im sure she puts it on to get off the plane, hat, gloves, and coat probably, I highly doubt she flies the whole way looking like that.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise27 View Post
I understand your point, but come on she's the queen. she's being doing things like this for a very long time, why change now? Besides, she knows that wherever she arrives there's going to be tons of photographers, she wants to show them her best face and Its what people expect to see and she knows that. most of us when we've been on a plane for so long just feel tired and dont really give a damn but then we dont have important ppl and cameras waiting for us. Plus Im sure she puts it on to get off the plane, hat, gloves, and coat probably, I highly doubt she flies the whole way looking like that.
If you check it out, HM often get ON a plane in one outfit and OFF in a completely different one - I wonder if she spends most of the trip in casual clothes & slippers!

By the way - I can't seem to see this thread in the list of others - I only find it via another link, not from the normal list - is it me?

Tags
british commonwealth, camilla, duchess of cornwall, duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince charles, prince of wales, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii, uganda