Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Brown groan not great on her..... IMO

Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On November 29, Serena attended the launch of Carolina Herrera's White Shirt Collection at the new Fulham Road store in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks very elegant. I love her skirt
Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Viscountess Linley's ensembles are always perfect. I liked the simplicity of the outfit. Ms. Hererra looked lovely as well.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Crisp and smart ...
Old 02-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Viscount Linley attended the private view of "Jose Parla: Broken Language at Haunch of Venison" in London on February 7, 2013.

** Pic **
Old 03-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

On March 21 Viscount Linley attended the 30th Anniversary Auction at Christie's in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Commoner

at the next coronation, would Viscount Lindley have the right to wear a coronet of four fleurs-de-lis and four strawberry leaves (as a child of a daughter (Princess Margaret) of a sovereign)? or would he need to accede to the Earldom of Snowdon before he has that right?
Old 05-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

On May 22 Viscountess Linley attended the launch of the partnership of the J.Crew concept store with the Central Saint Martins College Of Arts And Design at The Stables in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Serena is a lovely lady, thanks for the images.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

According to Getty Images, Viscount and Viscountess Linley attended the wedding of Tom van Straubanzee and Lady Melissa Percy on 22nd June. Below are some photos, I apologize about the watermarks:

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gp/171...i8CmU17%2bhs7s
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gp/171...Wg60VRTBkk9lMY
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gp/171...PipxbfExZqNRDr
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gp/171...bIsCo6taWDLwkZ

A nice photo:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gp/171...Z%2b4XBlieiivw

Here are two photos of the Linleys at Ascot:

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gp/170...Ahi2BxjGGoh9Lt

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gp/170...H2mcRsFuHN8u64
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hlsingland and Gstrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 07-09-2013, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

On July 2nd Viscount Linley attended The Masterpiece Midsummer Party in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care, hosted by Heather Kerzner, at The Royal Hospital Chelsea in London.

** Pic **
Old 09-21-2013, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

Viscount Linley attended a private view of "Kate Moss: The Collection" at Christie's King Street in London on September 20, 2013.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 10-17-2013, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Viscount Linley attended the VIP preview of the Frieze Art Fair in Regent's Park in London on October 16, 2013.

** Pic **
Old 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Here's an old photo (which I haven't seen before) of Viscountess Linley with her children Charles and Margarita:

http://www.aprcommunications.com/wp-..._Dancers_4.jpg

EDIT: I'm not sure what year or what event it's from as I found it on Google Images, but judging by how old the children look I'd say it's from 2004 or 2005 (Charles was born in 1999 and in the photo he looks around the age of five or six, and Margarita was born in 2002 and she looks like she could be two or three).
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hlsingland and Gstrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Here's an article about the Viscountess Linley's shop "Serena Linley Provence" which is located in 156 Walton Street in London, England:

La boutique de lady Linley Londres | Noblesse & Royauts

That's a lovely photo of the Viscountess and her children, I think Charles will be quite handsome when he's an adult and Margarita is very pretty.
Join my new group!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the link!
The interior of the shop is amazing. Lady Serena looked lovely.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Gentry

I know Viscount Linley's true surname is Armstrong-Jones and his children use that name, but why isn't his title Viscount Armstrong-Jones? Is it because his father is still alive?
Old 01-11-2014, 11:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
I know Viscount Linley's true surname is Armstrong-Jones and his children use that name, but why isn't his title Viscount Armstrong-Jones? Is it because his father is still alive?
No, it's because that's not his title- his last name is not part of his title. Just like Anthony Armstrong- Jones is Earl of Snowdon, not Earl Armstrong- Jones.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post

His father's full titles are: Earl of Snowdon, Viscount Linley.

It is traditional in the UK for the heirs to titles to use their father's second title as theirs so David Armstrong-Jones uses Viscount Linely as he is the heir to his father's title.

When his father dies then David will become The Earl of Snowdon and Charles Armstrong-Jones, David's son, will become Viscount Linley.

This is the same for all titles, except those where the title of HRH Prince is held so George doesn't use Earl of Strathearn because he is a Prince in his own right. The heirs to the Dukedoms of Gloucester and Kent have their sons using their second titles and their grandsons using their third titles so - Duke of Gloucester - Earl of Ulster - Baron Culloden; Duke of Kent - Earl of St Andrews - Baron Downpatrick. Each of those sons and grandsons will move up the line until they hold the Dukedoms in their own right.

Another example is Prince Edward whose son is Viscount Severn but if, (assuming it happens as planned but that is still in the future) Edward is created Duke of Edinburgh after the deaths of both his parents then Viscount Severn will become the Earl of Wessex as that would then be Edward's second title and in time James' own eldest son would be Viscount Severn, assuming Edward is still alive when that happens.

Tags
charles armstrong-jones, margarita armstrong-jones, viscount linley, viscountess linley