The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

What a beautiful family Sarah has.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently, the Prince and Duchess of Cambridge are staying at the Linley's Chateau d'Autet. The press has touted this as a vacation home for the Linley's but in fact, you can book in there as well. Maids only come in for an hour or two and linen is changed only every four days. :)
See: Chateau D'Autet - a luxury holiday home and retreat in Provence

Old 09-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Apparently, the Prince and Duchess of Cambridge are staying at the Linley's Chateau d'Autet. The press has touted this as a vacation home for the Linley's but in fact, you can book in there as well. Maids only come in for an hour or two and linen is changed only every four days. :)
See: Chateau D'Autet - a luxury holiday home and retreat in Provence
Do they own the Chateau then? It's beautiful. They are in a lot of the images, Serena is ever so pretty.

Edit: Never mind, read the history. They bought it in 1999. Wow, it is stunning. I want to gooooooo!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree totally stunning .. the pool is so beautiful OMG I nso need a holiday at present I could cry ...
Old 09-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I say we all book in together as a TRF group.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Oooh. Great idea! Wouldnt that be briliant? I say we do it! Im sure there are TRF members who would love to do that. We just have to figure out who and when. I know we all have busy schedules but some of us could find time. Im in! The property is absolutely beautiful. What a treat that would be. :)
Old 09-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Gentry

Is Anthony Armstrong-Jones at all involved with the royal family in any capacity? Does he still pursue photography as a career or is he retired by now?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe Lord Snowdon is retired or at least semi retired from his career as a photographer. I don't think his health is especially robust these days. From everything I have read I believe he remained on quite good terms with The Queen and especially The Queen Mother after his divorce from Princess Margaret.
His own personal life has had its complications. 2 marriages, 2 divorces and 2 children born out of wedlock. Not sure if he has a current companion.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
I believe Lord Snowdon is retired or at least semi retired from his career as a photographer. I don't think his health is especially robust these days. From everything I have read I believe he remained on quite good terms with The Queen and especially The Queen Mother after his divorce from Princess Margaret.
His own personal life has had its complications. 2 marriages, 2 divorces and 2 children born out of wedlock. Not sure if he has a current companion.
Does Viscount Linley become Lord Snowdon upon his father's death?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes he will succeed his father as 2nd Earl of Snowdon, and his son Charles will become Viscount Linley.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Viscount and Viscountess Linley attended the Official Launch of the Carlos Acosta International Dance Foundation at the Royal Opera House in London on September 19, 2012. Lady Helen with husband Tim, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Sarah, Duchess of York were present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 09-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Russia threatens legal action against Queen’s cousin, Viscount Linley, to recover £400,000 loan from Moscow bank
Quote:
The Russian authorities are threatening legal action in Britain to recover a £400,000 loan by a Moscow bank to the Queen's cousin Viscount Linley's bespoke furniture business. Such a step - which would be highly embarrassing to the Royal Family - is being mooted because the up-market interior design company has failed to heed a demand to repay the cash, say officials in Moscow.
I find some of the comments at the end of this article quite interesting.
And really, DM, the Queen's cousin?
Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, it is an odd situations. I wonder what prompted Russian authorties to publicly go after Viscount Linley.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps they want their money back and going "public" gives them some additional leverage.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I think you are right. Russian probably exhausted all means trying to make Viscount Linley pay the loan back. I am not sure whether or no the public naming and shaming will be effectual.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

On October 5, Viscount David attended the event "50 Years Of James Bond: The Auction", celebrating the 50th anniversary of the film franchise and the first screening of Dr. No, at Christie's South Kensington, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 10-09-2012, 05:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

I think you are right. Russian probably exhausted all means trying to make Viscount Linley pay the loan back. I am not sure whether or no the public naming and shaming will be effectual.
As even the article in the DM states - the loan was given in 2009 for a 5 Year period - to be repayed 2014. IMHO it is a legal dispute if they really have the right to call the loan back earlier.

As we do not know the terms of the loan and the legislation in Russia - it is quite impossible to say IF Linley really is at fault.

If you take a mortgage to your house - you expect the bank to stick to the contract; as you are expected to stick to the terms of the contract.

It only shows how on-sided contra Royalty the DM writes.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Viscount Linley attended a VIP Preview of the Frieze Art Fair in Regent's Park in London on October 10, 2012. His after-job look is likeable, see pic 2.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 10-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Commoner

Lady Linley attended a launch party for Bobbi Brown's book Pretty Powerful: Beauty Stories to Inspire Confidence.
Lunch for Pretty Beautiful by Bobbi Brown - Tatler
Old 10-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by llj View Post
Lady Linley attended a launch party for Bobbi Brown's book Pretty Powerful: Beauty Stories to Inspire Confidence.
Lunch for Pretty Beautiful by Bobbi Brown - Tatler
I know that's now is autumn, the days are shorter, it's raining freq., ect but still- a brighter color, something more vibrant will look better than this brownish look....

Tags
charles armstrong-jones, margarita armstrong-jones, viscount linley, viscountess linley