Viscount and Viscountess Linley and Family News 2: April 2008-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viscount and Viscountess Linley attended the Official Launch of the Carlos Acosta International Dance Foundation at the Royal Opera House in London on September 19, 2012. Lady Helen with husband Tim, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Sarah, Duchess of York were present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Russia threatens legal action against Queen’s cousin, Viscount Linley, to recover £400,000 loan from Moscow bank
The Russian authorities are threatening legal action in Britain to recover a £400,000 loan by a Moscow bank to the Queen's cousin Viscount Linley's bespoke furniture business. Such a step - which would be highly embarrassing to the Royal Family - is being mooted because the up-market interior design company has failed to heed a demand to repay the cash, say officials in Moscow.
I find some of the comments at the end of this article quite interesting.
And really, DM, the Queen's cousin?

Well, it is an odd situations. I wonder what prompted Russian authorties to publicly go after Viscount Linley.

:previous: Perhaps they want their money back and going "public" gives them some additional leverage.

:previous:
I think you are right. Russian probably exhausted all means trying to make Viscount Linley pay the loan back. I am not sure whether or no the public naming and shaming will be effectual.

On October 5, Viscount David attended the event "50 Years Of James Bond: The Auction", celebrating the 50th anniversary of the film franchise and the first screening of Dr. No, at Christie's South Kensington, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous:
I think you are right. Russian probably exhausted all means trying to make Viscount Linley pay the loan back. I am not sure whether or no the public naming and shaming will be effectual.

As even the article in the DM states - the loan was given in 2009 for a 5 Year period - to be repayed 2014. IMHO it is a legal dispute if they really have the right to call the loan back earlier.

As we do not know the terms of the loan and the legislation in Russia - it is quite impossible to say IF Linley really is at fault.

If you take a mortgage to your house - you expect the bank to stick to the contract; as you are expected to stick to the terms of the contract.

It only shows how on-sided contra Royalty the DM writes.

Viscount Linley attended a VIP Preview of the Frieze Art Fair in Regent's Park in London on October 10, 2012. His after-job look is likeable, see pic 2.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On November 29, Serena attended the launch of Carolina Herrera's White Shirt Collection at the new Fulham Road store in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

She looks very elegant. I love her skirt

Viscountess Linley's ensembles are always perfect. I liked the simplicity of the outfit. Ms. Hererra looked lovely as well.

Viscount Linley attended the private view of "Jose Parla: Broken Language at Haunch of Venison" in London on February 7, 2013.

** Pic **

On March 21 Viscount Linley attended the 30th Anniversary Auction at Christie's in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

at the next coronation, would Viscount Lindley have the right to wear a coronet of four fleurs-de-lis and four strawberry leaves (as a child of a daughter (Princess Margaret) of a sovereign)? or would he need to accede to the Earldom of Snowdon before he has that right?

On May 22 Viscountess Linley attended the launch of the partnership of the J.Crew concept store with the Central Saint Martins College Of Arts And Design at The Stables in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Serena is a lovely lady, thanks for the images. :D

On July 2nd Viscount Linley attended The Masterpiece Midsummer Party in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care, hosted by Heather Kerzner, at The Royal Hospital Chelsea in London.

** Pic **

Viscount Linley attended a private view of "Kate Moss: The Collection" at Christie's King Street in London on September 20, 2013.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Viscount Linley attended the VIP preview of the Frieze Art Fair in Regent's Park in London on October 16, 2013.

** Pic **

Here's an old photo (which I haven't seen before) of Viscountess Linley with her children Charles and Margarita:

http://www.aprcommunications.com/wp-content/uploads/SALV_Dancers_4.jpg

EDIT: I'm not sure what year or what event it's from as I found it on Google Images, but judging by how old the children look I'd say it's from 2004 or 2005 (Charles was born in 1999 and in the photo he looks around the age of five or six, and Margarita was born in 2002 and she looks like she could be two or three).

Last edited:
Thanks for the link!
The interior of the shop is amazing. Lady Serena looked lovely.

I know Viscount Linley's true surname is Armstrong-Jones and his children use that name, but why isn't his title Viscount Armstrong-Jones? Is it because his father is still alive?

I know Viscount Linley's true surname is Armstrong-Jones and his children use that name, but why isn't his title Viscount Armstrong-Jones? Is it because his father is still alive?

No, it's because that's not his title- his last name is not part of his title. Just like Anthony Armstrong- Jones is Earl of Snowdon, not Earl Armstrong- Jones.

His father's full titles are: Earl of Snowdon, Viscount Linley.

It is traditional in the UK for the heirs to titles to use their father's second title as theirs so David Armstrong-Jones uses Viscount Linely as he is the heir to his father's title.

When his father dies then David will become The Earl of Snowdon and Charles Armstrong-Jones, David's son, will become Viscount Linley.

This is the same for all titles, except those where the title of HRH Prince is held so George doesn't use Earl of Strathearn because he is a Prince in his own right. The heirs to the Dukedoms of Gloucester and Kent have their sons using their second titles and their grandsons using their third titles so - Duke of Gloucester - Earl of Ulster - Baron Culloden; Duke of Kent - Earl of St Andrews - Baron Downpatrick. Each of those sons and grandsons will move up the line until they hold the Dukedoms in their own right.

Another example is Prince Edward whose son is Viscount Severn but if, (assuming it happens as planned but that is still in the future) Edward is created Duke of Edinburgh after the deaths of both his parents then Viscount Severn will become the Earl of Wessex as that would then be Edward's second title and in time James' own eldest son would be Viscount Severn, assuming Edward is still alive when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom