Van Cutsem Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scratch that - boy named Jake in 2009.

Last edited:
There seems to be a long list of "van Cutsem"s......

Eric van Cutsem, graduated from Leuven (Louvain) uni in 1983

van Cutsem landscape architects, Munich info@vancutsem.de

Thierry van Cutsem, Professor at Manchester University

Ellen van Cutsem, actress.....

... and the genealogy with 42 entries:
http://www.geni.com/surnames/van-cutsem

i wrote article about this family , th for sharing
reading.gif
reading.gif

One can compare them to the famous American Cushing and Langhorne sisters.

They are fringe society and relish their names in the papers. I am not impressed with them and feel sorry for Rose Astor and Lady Tamara for marrying beneath them.

I would compare them to Keven Federline and Dean Sheremet...marrying two VERY rich and famous women, Britney Spears and LeAnn Rimes, who happen the financial backbone of the marriage.

I had the displeasure of meeting one of them at a party in London....Edward. He seems to be VERY impressed with himself.

But that is typical attitude of a person who knows he can only go so far in high society.

The arrogance masks that..

Oh, you've described Edward so well, I had to reply to your post even though it's from 2006! If you read "The Diana Chronicles", you'd have laughed at loud at Tina Brown's description of the Van Cutsem family as "thumping snobs". Diana, Princess of Wales was quite hurt when she discovered Emilie Van Cutsem was facilitating meetings between Charles and Camilla as early as 1986... Hugh Van Cutsem was a close friend of Andrew, Duke of Devonshire and his wife Debo. They seem to stick close to the Royals and Aristos and made their way into these circles via horses, as so many have in the past.

They're descendants of Henry Harcourt van Cutsem (1877-1917), son of Edward Charles Van Cutsem (1835-1888), consul general of India, who in 1869 married Harriet Ida Caroline Harcourt, daughter of Henry Merritt Harcourt. Henry's sister, Florence Josephine Alexandra van Cutsem (1883-) in 1910 married Freeman Astley Jackson (1874-1951); they were grandparents of Serena Stanhope, who married David Armstrong Jones Viscount Linley, #14 to the throne.

Last edited:
New baby for Lady Tamara and Edward van Cutsem, Louis Hugh Lupus van Cutsem.
Second baby for Lady Tamara and Edward van Cutsem - Chester Chronicle

I did not know that his elder brother was named Jake Louis Hannibal - I suppose Hannibal is for his distant ancestor Abram Petrovich Gannibal. Looking at the family tree of Lady Tamara, Hugh Lupus was the name of the first Duke of Westminster.

Last edited:
Isn't Lupus William & Catherine's dog name, too?

Edward and Tamara have weird tastes for names, that's for sure. Fortunately, they are not the kid's first names, so they will be able to hide it for most of their lives

Oh, thank you for correcting me, Lumutqueen. I knew it was something like that. I should've checked before....

Edward and Tamara have weird tastes for names, that's for sure. Fortunately, they are not the kid's first names, so they will be able to hide it for most of their lives

Hmmmm giving your children ancestral names doesn't seem like such an odd concept to me.

^^ giving ancestral names is not an odd concept, for sure. But to me it depends on which names they choose. Hannibal remembers me to much of cannibal and Lupus remembers me of the disease.
In any case, those are names I don't like and that don't seem to me to be common at all. They just sound weird to me, that's all I meant

Anyways, congratulations to William and his fiancée

^^ giving ancestral names is not an odd concept, for sure. But to me it depends on which names they choose. Hannibal remembers me to much of cannibal and Lupus remembers me of the disease.
In any case, those are names I don't like and that don't seem to me to be common at all. They just sound weird to me, that's all I meant

I agree; why give a kid a name that'll get him laughed at? :flowers:

Hannibal was possibly the greatest general of his times - nothing to do bis canibal at all.... And 'Lupus' is also an very old name -

I have much more problems with children named 'tinkerbell' or blue bear or Honey BooBoo ..

I've come to the realization that no matter what name you give a child, there will always be a way for a nickname to come about that's not very flattering. Its just the way of children.

Slowly but surely William and Harry's close circle of friends are all tying the knot it seems. It will be interesting to see as time passes if the children of these friends also form a close circle. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Has anyone seen a wedding photo of William van Cutsem and Rosie Ruck-Keene? I can't seem to find one and they were recently wed. Thanks.

Has anyone seen a wedding photo of William van Cutsem and Rosie Ruck-Keene? I can't seem to find one and they were recently wed. Thanks.

Try the Express website . Express.co.uk. I'm having probs downloading links on my iPad or I'd do it. Good luck!

Slowly but surely William and Harry's close circle of friends are all tying the knot it seems. It will be interesting to see as time passes if the children of these friends also form a close circle. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I agree; many of William's and Harry's friends seem to be the offspring of people in Charles' circle.
Why not? These are the people they grew up with and know best, after all.

Back
Top Bottom