The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Did Jack Brooksbank attend the Trooping of Colour?
He intended the rehersal. We saw him with his in laws, supporting Andrew.

We will have to wait and see next weekend if he attends the main event. I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah I see no reason why he wouldn't attend. He is family now.

I wonder if we will see George and Charlotte make their carriage debuts.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Do we think we will still see the same number of carriages this year? It was getting pretty cramped with three last year. And that's with Edward and James not being there.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness

I read that Prince Louis will be making his first balcony appearance at 2019 Trooping the Colour. There has also been some speculation as to whether the Duchess of Sussex will make an appearance, being that she is on maternity leave. Reports in the media imply that since Kate appeared at last year's Trooping the Colour while she was still on maternity leave, that perhaps Meghan might appear this year:

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...ng-the-colour/
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...ic-appearance/

I don't think Meghan typically is going to do something simply because it's what Kate did. However, if Meghan does appear, it will more than likely be out of respect and honor for the Queen's ceremonial birthday. Personally, I'd love for Meghan to not appear. Archie will be about a month old and he is Meghan's first child, whereas Louis is Kate's third child. Meghan definitely has input on the Sussex Instagram, so perhaps giving tribute to the Queen and the event on the Sussex Royal Instagram may be an alternative.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:53 AM
Heir Apparent

If Meghan isn't up for it, she won't be there. If she is, she will be there. It has nothing to do with Kate. And certainly Kate isn't the first one to attend Trooping while on maternity leave.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Appearance on the balcony can go either way without there having to be any kind of explanation given to the public as to to reason. As was stated, Archie will be just over a month old and I don't think Meghan's reached that stage of motherhood yet where she craves being with people above a Sesame Street level.

We'll just watch and see what happens. It'll be nice to see all the Cambridge children on the balcony along with the rest of the British Royal Family. I'm hoping too that the Duke of Edinburgh will also be up there for this.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-06-2019, 03:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
If Meghan isn't up for it, she won't be there. If she is, she will be there. It has nothing to do with Kate. And certainly Kate isn't the first one to attend Trooping while on maternity leave.
Exactly. That's what I said. Whatever decision is made has nothing to do with Kate, despite the references in the media.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

I’m hoping she’ll make an appearance at the parade.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-06-2019, 07:18 AM
Majesty

I believe she will try because each one is an occasion to cherish. Like it or not HM can't go on forever so you enjoy her milestones and celebrate with her.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

What about Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston? Are they still honeymooning or will they be at Trooping?

That balcony is becoming very crowded.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
What about Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston? Are they still honeymooning or will they be at Trooping?

Which is why I suspect that many of those who currently appear there won't be there once Charles is King. I wouldn't be surprised if he limits it to only the HRH cousins of his mother and descendants of George VI or even only of descendants of his mother.

The optics are important and having the entire extended family up there makes people think they are all being supported by the British taxpayers. PR is important and so a cutting back on the numbers on that balcony would probably be a good thing going forward. After all how many people really know who most of these people are anyway?
Old 06-06-2019, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

No reason why the extended family cannot attend 'the trooping', have drinks and Luncheon at Buckingham Palace, just not appear on the balcony - there being many other rooms on the East front from which they could see the crowds...
Old 06-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

If they are not still on honeymoon I expect them to be there.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
If they are not still on honeymoon I expect them to be there.
Has Ella been attending the last few years? ?
Old 06-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Has Ella been attending the last few years? ?
Yes, she's barely missed it since childhood.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Which is why I suspect that many of those who currently appear there won't be there once Charles is King. I wouldn't be surprised if he limits it to only the HRH cousins of his mother and descendants of George VI or even only of descendants of his mother.
I will be surprised if, when Charles is King, he has that many appearing on balcony. I could picture only those officially of the Firm. His immediate family only. Charles, wife; William, wife; Harry, wife. plus his siblings and spouses. Even that is probably not what he actually wants. I can't picture any grandchild except maybe George when he is older. I remember once the Queen only had Philip, Charles and William on balcony with wives but I don't recall the occasion. I thought that was classy as just in line for the crown was respectfully acknowledged instead of all lumped together like sardines.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I will be surprised if, when Charles is King, he has that many appearing on balcony. I could picture only those officially of the Firm. His immediate family only. Charles, wife; William, wife; Harry, wife. plus his siblings and spouses. Even that is probably not what he actually wants. I can't picture any grandchild except maybe George when he is older. I remember once the Queen only had Philip, Charles and William on balcony with wives but I don't recall the occasion. I thought that was classy as just in line for the crown was respectfully acknowledged instead of all lumped together like sardines.
That was the Diamond Jubilee
https://www.etonline.com/sites/defau...?itok=ARGXmSlN
Old 06-06-2019, 02:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It was the Diamond Jubilee. Prince Philip wasn't there, he was in hospital.
On the balcony there were, the Queen, The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and the Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry of Wales. Back then, the UK Media were saying that it was the future of the monarchy there, the core of Che Firm
Old 06-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
It was the Diamond Jubilee. Prince Philip wasn't there, he was in hospital.
On the balcony there were, the Queen, The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and the Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry of Wales. Back then, the UK Media were saying that it was the future of the monarchy there, the core of Che Firm
A part of me like seeing seeing the extended family on the balcony p, but there’s something more powerful by only seeing the major players on the balcony. That Diamond Jubilee balcony appearance was everything, IMO.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The logic would be to invite only those are official members of the Royal Family. According to the link posted here a while ago, that includes all descendants of King George VI (including Prince Margaret's descendants), plus the Queen's cousins who are grandchildren in male line of King George V. There is no point really to include the children and grandchildren of the Duke of Kent, the Duke of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra or Prince Michael as they are not considered members of the Royal Family.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour