The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
I have a question regarding this year's Trooping. Usually when travelling back to the palace, the Queen stops at the gates and takes salute again no.. This time she drive in straight. No getting down and taking salute. Was there a change in procedure? I checked the last 6 pages but couldn't find any discussion regarding this
The salute at Buckingham Palace gate stopped due to her age by preventing her from having to get in and out of the carriage too many times. It’s why she no longer get out the carriage and stand on the saluting base at Horse Guards for the salute and then get back into the carriage to inspect the guards.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-12-2019, 05:46 PM
Courtier

Yes even I thought so that it is to avoid getting out and in so many times. I think she stopped getting down for royal salute last year or so, going straight to inspect the troops. And now she stopped taking salute at palace gate also.
The ageing and the changes accordingly are taking place so subtly and gradually..

I wish the Duke of Kent is also seated with the Queen in the carriage alongside the Queen like previous times (after DoE stopped. The Queen riding alone gives a gloomy forlorn picture.
But then I guess the Duke of Kent had some kind of stroke so it's very difficult for him to get in and out of carriage. He had great difficulty in standing up from his chair and saluting. So it's sensible for him to reach by car.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke of Kent travelled to Horseguards by coach. He was in the second coach with Beatrice, Eugenie and Jack.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I find it interesting that The Prince of Wales rides on horseback with William, Andrew and Anne upon departing Buckingham Palace for the Trooping, but rides on horseback nearest to The Queen’s carriage when returning to Buckingham Palace. I wonder why?

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-13-2019, 01:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I find it interesting that The Prince of Wales rides on horseback with William, Andrew and Anne upon departing Buckingham Palace for the Trooping, but rides on horseback nearest to The Queen’s carriage when returning to Buckingham Palace. I wonder why?
I don't think it has any particular significance as to why he rode directly behind on the way back. It may just be the way the horses fell into line when they were leaving Horse Guards.

He was joined by a non royal colonel when walking up the mall though.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't think it has any particular significance as to why he rode directly behind on the way back. It may just be the way the horses fell into line when they were leaving Horse Guards.

He was joined by a non royal colonel when walking up the mall though.
If you look back at previous Troopings, he does the same thing. Perhaps because he’s the heir he rides back to the palace nearer to The Queen’s carriage.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-27-2019, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 25th July:
Appendix to Court Circular

Notice is hereby given that in 2020 the date for observance of The Queen’s Birthday at home and abroad will be Saturday, 13th June.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour