Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just watching live...

I have never seen them play The National Anthem while The Queen is still in her carriage. I don't think she looked too impressed. Someone clearly jumped the gun.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I really like that it was made that The Queen don't have to step out of carriage twice. She's been having to need support going down steps of late.

I have never seen them play The National Anthem while The Queen is still in her carriage. I don't think she looked too impressed. Someone clearly jumped the gun.

I noticed the same thing in a video of the rehearsal last week. I actually think it's intentional, so she doesn't have to go up and down the steps of the carriage so many times.

Trooping the Colour is everytime an impressive event.

Is The Duke of Cambridge riding the white horse?

Just watching live...

Yeah, noticed that too, even thought P.Philip automatically made a move to stand up, but obviously couldn't in a riding carriage...

When the carriage of P.Harry and the duchesses arrived i thought i saw someone waving at them from one of the windows...maybe Louise or James?

I noticed the same thing in a video of the rehearsal last week. I actually think it's intentional, so she doesn't have to go up and down the steps of the carriage so many times.

I did wonder as much, HRH nearly leapt to his feet in the carriage! I suppose we will see small changes creeping in to accommodate age but I bet HM is the one who really wants to stick with the old form!

Great to see the Duchess of Cambridge,Trooping the Colours is such a marvelous event and great to watch live on tv!

Duke of Kent tapping along with the marching beat :)
Good to see it's not just a formality for the royals, but they are really enjoying it..

Wonderful to see the Duchess of Cambridge! I wasn't sure she would attend!

Did you hear that she just had a baby? One could not tell from how she looked in that carriage.

I was just sitting here thinking how very differently this would be covered here in the US. That Matt Lauer would have explained what every tune played was. And then suddenly there was this little side piece on the Master of the band. And then they introduced the first march and named the base drummer. Matt Lauer indeed.

Whatever color the Queen is wearing, I just want to say it looked great with the carriage!

Anyway, I'm just thrilled to live in a world where I can wake up and live stream Trooping the Color.

Trooping the Colour 2003-2015

George is so sweet! I wonder who the little girl in the picture is?

I also saw someone waving from the window at horse guards as the first carriages arrived but it was too far to see who it could be.

Last edited:
So far the execution of the parade leaves room for desire. Is it me or are the detachments of the Guards a bit sloppy? I see unequal distances between the detachments, and within the detachments the straight lines are not according the standards of past years. It is not the absolute perfection I am usually used to, when watching the Birthday Parade. But okay, it is still going on. Now the Quick March Past.

Last edited:
How many horses are involved in the ceremony?

My four-year-old son is also watching (is the first touch with the world of royalty) and he asked me!

The Queen is celebrating her official birthday in London this morning with the annual Trooping the Colour march along Horse Guards Parade in London.

The monarch, who turned 89 this year, was taken past cheering crowds in a horse-drawn carriage alongside husband Prince Philip, wearing full bearskin hat and accompanying red tunic which he is entitled to wear as he is Colonel of the Welsh Guards and Grenadier Guards.

Price Harry, also dressed in full military regalia, was seen in another horse drawn carriage along with the Duchess of Cambridge, making her first appearance since giving birth to Princess Charlotte last month.
More: Look, it's mummy and daddy! Prince George watches on from Buckingham Palace as Kate joins William in her first appearance since Princess Charlotte's birth for Trooping the Colour | Daily Mail Online

How many horses are involved in the ceremony?

My four-year-old son is also watching (is the first touch with the world of royalty) and he asked me!

300 - they just mentioned how many hooves were oiled/blackened this AM!

I haven't see a full pic of Kate yet but I love the upper half of that outfit she has on....George is just adorable!

LaRae

Its a cool day in London as per the BBC ,the Queen looks really pleased at how the parade was executed,I guess she really is the only judge today!

No Prince George on the balcony for the Queen's return from Horse Guards. Maybe he will come out with his dad for the fly past.

Its a cool day in London as per the BBC ,the Queen looks really pleased at how the parade was executed,I guess she really is the only judge today!

The Queen looks particularly happy and pleased today. Although a sunny day is always nice for Trooping the Colour, the brightness of the uniforms look particularly striking against the dull grey today.

James was seen peeking out of a window watching as well. Nice to see them there.

So wonderful to see the Queen and three future kings all on the balcony together!

Lovely to see the Queen and her 3 future heirs alongside!

James and Louise both looked adorable, great that they were there even though their parents were in Stockholm!

I loved that James was the one who came out with The Queen. One proud young man for his first time on the balcony. Of course the coverage was all about it being George's but it was nice to see James with his grandparents and Harry seemed very interested in James as well.

Back
Top Bottom