Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coverage starting in a few minutes (10.30am) on BBC1.

I think this is the first time I have ever watched Trooping the Colour live. Is it sad that I am excited? :D

I hope the inclement weather behaves.

Part of me is gutted Lady Louise isn't in a carriage.

Camilla, Catherine and Harry in the first carriage, Andrew and his girls in the second carriage.

i wish catherine would have worn her hair up or a half-ponytail. the wind already is blowing her hair in her face, but camilla looks great.
btw, why is harry not riding his horse'?
thanks

Well, that's a new innovation (the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are in the Glass Coach instead of the usual barouche).

Last edited:
Queen and DoE are riding in a closed carriage.

and Princess Royal is rocking her military wear again. :)

I imagine their closed carriage is incase it rains, with Prince Philips' recent ill health. I like the Glass Coach.

I do not like the colour of Beatrice's coat. Blue and electric pink? Eug's red coat looks beautiful.

Sad for all those spectators that the weather has necessitated a closed carriage for the Queen and DoE today.

When was the last time the Queen used the closed carriage for the Trooping of the colour?

Closed carriage is small price to pay for having the DOE at HM's side. He looks tired wearing that heavy bearskin hat. Ah the Queen in her yellow dress from Williams wedding.

She's never used a closed carriage before. Previously she would've sat in the open carriage with an umbrella.

It always amazes me that they've got it so well drilled that HM always arrives at the dais just as the bell chimes 11am.

Well, that's a new innovation (the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are in the Glass Coach instead of the usual barouche).

Its because of the unpredictable weather of late.

It's a very nice gesture of Her Majesty to repeat the Royal Wedding outfit twice for the balcony appearance. As shown in the Diamond Queen, her staff always keep the records for her not to repeat the same outfit for an occasion. So i think it's a really nice gesture and furthermore affection of Her Majesty for the Duchess of Cambridge. Also, the Duke of Edinburgh looked really tired as they arrived at the Dais and standing for the National Anthem. Hope he will not push himself over the limits so much.

I have a feeling that the closed carriage is more for Philip's benefit than anything else, and I don't think anyone would begrudge the Queen for putting her husband's health ahead of the need of spectators.

About the bearskin hats: they are not that heavy at all.
There was a documentary about them, in which they showed that inside the hat is a very light construction and it only tends to tremble and shake a little when it's windy.

I also love this picture that shows HM riding in the parade herself, not even HM can hide how horrible it was!

The Queen Suffers A Downpour Of Rain During The Final

The march currently being played, Les Huguenots, is apparently the Queen's favourite so it's played every year (even though it's a French march ;)).

If the weather is such a concern, I'm surprised they don't also have the canopy up over the dais.

I hate long hair hanging loose with small hats but on top of that Kate's hat looks like its blinding her. The York's coats look too tight amd their hats are plain ugly. Camilla looks perfect however.

King Abdullah beside David Cameron?

Was that not the King of Jordan sitting next to the Prime Minister?

The DoE certainly seemed to me to be breathing very hard after he got onto the dais. He was saluting during the national anthem and he was puffing as if he'd just run from BP. He just didn't look well at all at that point.

The whole family is on the balcony as we speak.

Lady Louise is on the balcony in a purple outfit. Too cute. No James though, not a surprise really.

I do love the pomp of it all, no one does it like the British.

Interestingly, the Duke of Edinburgh swapped his bearskin for a different cap at some point (perhaps a bearskin wouldn't fit in the coach).

Back
Top Bottom