Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The queen is now returning to Buckingham Palace.

Thankfully the rain has stayed off and the sun is now out.

I think it is usually around 1pm
At 1pm, yes!

--------------------

Now we can hear (my favourite) Royal Commentator, Robert Hardman (born 1965), author/writer of several books and BBC/ITV documentaries about HM.
And Royal Correspondent for The Sunday Times, Roya Nikkhah.

I absolutely adore these weeks in June, and it’s had such a fantastic lead up with a variety of events this year.

Is this Viscount Severns first Trooping?

I think he has attended before, certainly I remember him and Louise being on the balcony one year while Edward and Sophie were overseas representing the Queen at a royal wedding.

Edit - both James and Louise apparently made their debut at the Trooping itself in 2016, the Queen's 90th birthday https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2016061131872/sophie-wessex-children-trooping-the-colour/

Everyone’s on the balcony to welcome The Queen back. Ella is there with her husband.

Is that a Taylor boy with a broken/injured arm?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is the blond young man of the left behind one the Earl of St. Andrew's daughters? It isn't Lord Downpatrick or is he?

Trooping the Colour 2003-2019

To the right of the picture the young gentleman with a pink tie and blonde hair is Alexander Ogilvy the son of James Ogilvy

I imagine the boy with the broken arm is either 12 year old Albert Windsor or 10 year old Leopold Windsor standing with father Lord Nicholas Windsor.

Last edited:
To the right of the picture the young gentleman with a pink tie and blonde hair is Alexander Ogilvy the son of James Ogilvy
Thanks. Yes he is the one i meant.

Who is the blond young man of the left behind one the Earl of St. Andrew's daughters? It isn't Lord Downpatrick or is he?

I think it's James Ogilvy's son.

Everyone’s on the balcony to welcome The Queen back. Ella is there with her husband.

Yes what a lovely new experience for Tom Kingston and Jack Brooksbank this year.

What a wonderful spectacle The Trooping of the Colour is, always attracting large crowds. I remember the Queen in uniform riding sidesaddle on her favourite horse Burmese over many years.
It is always good to see the extended members of the family involved as well.

The young girls on the balcony beating time along with the music -- great to see them enjoying the proceedings. I'm not sure who's who in that group. I can't imagine playing an instrument while on horseback!

I am sorry, but there are just way too many people on the balcony at this point. I know it's unfortunate, but some cuts simply need to be made. They are all literally packed in like sardines. I am almost nervous about all that weight the balcony has to hold.

Prince Louis clapping and waving, oh lord, he's such a little cutie.

The children all around were a highlight but I agree that’s too many people up there and No reason why obscure 3rd cousins most people can’t identify should be on the balcony. The party afterwords sure but it’s gotten out of hand IMO.

Luckily german ARD is showing it every year so i had never that Problem before.

You better say luckily the ARD didn switch off the Programme just before the flypast begins as they used to do in the last years.
They hardly showed how the queen entered the balcony before returning to their normal boring programme.

The children all around were a highlight but I agree that’s too many people up there and No reason why obscure 3rd cousins most people can’t identify should be on the balcony. The party afterwords sure but it’s gotten out of hand IMO.

I don't think the queen is willing to cut it. That's up to Charles as king. I assume the queen's royal cousins will stay but their children and grandchildren will no longer be included.

I am not sure whether Margaret's children and grandchildren will stay or go.

Way too many folks on that balcony...I worry for the folks on the edges!

LaRae

They can always alternate on the balcony to be fair to everyone and they can all get together afterwards anyway for a family gathering .I bet it’s just like an annual family reunion :Catch up on news, get to know the new babies and spouses, get reacquainted. In any family it’s important for the children and young people to meet and hear family stories or anecdotes from the elderly and make memories to pass down.

Louis is too darn cute. A ball of energy. I laughed at how bored George looked.

Way too many folks on that balcony...I worry for the folks on the edges!

LaRae

I didn't think those on the outer sides of the balcony looked squashed, if anything the Michael's of Kent and their children/childrens spouses always look to have plenty of room in the area they stand at every year. It's the family members gathered around the Queen who always look like they are fighting for space.

Yes, the Sussexes were squashed to the back last year, so much so that Meghan could hardly be seen.

What a beautiful Birthday parade and my girl, Meghan, showed up and, Louis, was all too happy to be there. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom