Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
William was in his RAF uniform. I assume it's because that's who he's with right now.

William was in his RAF uniform. I assume it's because that's who he's with right now.
True that would make sense... but wait isn't Harry technically working in the same work field though. He's left the Army right I'm so confused now :lol:

I wonder where Andrew, Eugenie, and Beatrice were too.

Lady Louise is such a cutie and I definatly hope she will make more appearences now.

Also, Harry is still with the Army. He is training to fly helicopters in the Army Air Corps. William is in the RAF training for Search and Rescue.

Oh ok that makes sense now thanks, why did I think Harry had left the Army too, God I'm so slow.^ And yes I agree Lady Louise is too cute! So happy we finally got to see her on the balcony this year. Like you said I'm still curious to find out where in the world Andrew and the girls were this year.

I think todays tropping of the colour, was the best so far. It's nice to see Louise out on the balcony. I am just watching the coverage from this morning on the iplayer, and I love the beer getting given to the royal family. Such a wonderful tribute. Thank you for all the pictures. I was hoping that Queen would wear a new outfit. :flowers:

:nonono:It never surprises me to see how Princess Michael almost always seems to get in the middle with the rest of the main branch of the royals. The Armstorng Jones should be there more than she, as they are closer to the throne, no wonder she is called Princess Pushy

True that would make sense... but wait isn't Harry technically working in the same work field though. He's left the Army right I'm so confused now
William is an officer training with the RAF - Harry is an Officer training with the Army Air Corp.

:nonono:It never surprises me to see how Princess Michael almost always seems to get in the middle with the rest of the main branch of the royals. The Armstorng Jones should be there more than she, as they are closer to the throne, no wonder she is called Princess Pushy

I don't know who should be in the middle between the Queen and Prince Philip :lol:

...but I find her definatly more attractive and interesting than the teethy Linley for example... sorry ;)

And well, she seems to like public attention, some other members maybe don't like it...

But makes me wonder, why the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra were a little aside. And BTW, why are people like Countess Mountbatten and the Knatchbulls only every few years on the balcony?? Does anybody know that, may I ask?

It's really obvious in this picture. I'd not noticed it before. How does she get there, because they have to come onto the balcony in some sort of order. She should be over near the other Kents.

William is an officer training with the RAF - Harry is an Officer training with the Army Air Corp.
Thanks Sky :flowers: I still cannot get over how much of a spitting image of The Queen at a young age Lady Louise is, especially seeing her now without a hat.

I still cannot get over how much of a spitting image of The Queen at a young age Lady Louise is, especially seeing her now without a hat.

Thats absolutely, what I was thinking the whole day, since I saw the Pics :flowers:

Oh come on, it's quite a few years ago now since Princess M was in the middle of the group on the balcony. Reading some of these posts you would think she was there every year which simply isn't true.

Is there a special place for each member of the British royal family in the balcony? What is wrong with Princess Michael standing behind Her Majesty? Had it been a protocol violation, Princess Michael would have been informed about it. She has been standing in the centre for many times. It appears Her Majesty does not mind.
It is nice of Prince Henry to talk to Lady Louise

Thanks everybody for the sharing the pics and videos!
:flowers:

Wow, you're right, Lady Louise reminds me to HM when she was young! And she looks so adorable on the balcony!!!

Can you guess what was going on here? Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected hehhehe

Is there a special place for each member of the British royal family in the balcony? What is wrong with Princess Michael standing behind Her Majesty? Had it been a protocol violation, Princess Michael would have been informed about it. She has been standing in the centre for many times. It appears Her Majesty does not mind.

I absolutely agree ;)

is there a special place for each member of the British royal family in the balcony? What is wrong with Princess Michael standing behind Her Majesty? Had it been a protocol violation, Princess Michael would have been informed about it. She has been standing in the centre for many times. It appears Her Majesty does not mind.

Can't agree more. I don't think there 's a special protocol concerning the Balcony. The Queen and the DOE must be obviously at the centre...but there is no a "special place" for the other royals.

Here's a little video from the excellent documentary "Monarchy' aired some times ago. This part shows the 2006 background of the world famous balcony scene...

YouTube - Queen - Royal Family at Work - Birthday flypast

Lady Louise does look a lot like the Queen at a young age.

I noticed both William and Harry were in uniform. What medals were they wearing, though?

Lady Louise does look a lot like the Queen at a young age.

I noticed both William and Harry were in uniform. What medals were they wearing, though?

Both William and Harry are wearing the medals from the Golden Jubilee in 2002.

Harry, in addition, is wearing the medal he received for service in Afghanistan.

Philip's medals are mainly from WWII but also the Coronation and Jubilee medals and Charles also has the Coronation and Jubilee Medals along with a few others. Andrew, of course, has a Falklands campaign medal. William is also wearing his wings as he is now a qualified pilot.

Harry, in addition, is wearing the medal he received for service in Afghanistan.

Philip's medals are mainly from WWII but also the Coronation and Jubilee medals and Charles also has the Coronation and Jubilee Medals along with a few others. Andrew, of course, has a Falklands campaign medal. William is also wearing his wings as he is now a qualified pilot.

One of the medals Charles wears is that of the New Zealand Queen's Service Order and another is a Canadain decoration. Why does he not wear his insignia as a Knight of the Order of Australia. Its abolition did not have any retrospective effect on existing appointments, so he should still wear it. A diagram of the medals he most often wears is at : BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | What are Prince Charles's medals for?. Indeed it would be heard to wear all of his decorations at one, but he should not treat some Commonwealth Countries over others.

One of the medals Charles wears is that of the New Zealand Queen's Service Order and another is a Canadain decoration. Why does he not wear his insignia as a Knight of the Order of Australia. Its abolition did not have any retrospective effect on existing appointments, so he should still wear it. A diagram of the medals he most often wears is at : BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | What are Prince Charles's medals for?. Indeed it would be heard to wear all of his decorations at one, but he should not treat some Commonwealth Countries over others.

I would imagine that the main reason is that is was abolished.

He might still be eligible to wear it but as it was part of the continuing split between Australia and Britain and is no longer being awarded he may feel awkward wearing it.

Maybe he should be given a new Australian order (he will of course, assuming he does become King of Australia - which I suspect he won't but we don't need to go there) become the Head of the Order of Australia but as he doesn't have any of these new orders he doesn't wear the old one.

There isn't a new Australian order to give him. The only thing that was abolished was the level of Knight within the Order of Australia. He can't be made a Companion because he already has a higher grade within the Order.

I would think that the ABC would broadcast it, especially now that there is also ABC2 and ABC HD. It had live coverage whne Quentin Bryce and Micheal Jeffery were sworn in as Governor-General and the Trooping of the Colour sort of runs along the same lines. I'd have thought it would have been on in the middle of the night in Australia anyway and there is nothing on any of the channels except shopping so there is really no excuse.

Trooping of the Colour was on tonight's evening news as it is every year. A short segment of it is broadcast, it's a regular news item on the Sunday night news after the Saturday event in the UK. British royal events are still regularily featured on the Australian news, the Trooping of the Colour, church attendence at Easter and church attendence at Christmas. Any major commemorations such as end of wars also make the news. (The Queen's Christmas message is broadcast each year on the ABC, we actually see it before the people in the UK due to the time difference) Weddings get a live broadcast, The Trooping of the Colour never had a live broadcast, but it continues to get news coverage.

It is nice of Prince Henry to talk to Lady Louise
In the pics I have seen of trooping of the colour in the 80's Princess M was always in the middle, more center than HM's own children! I think the royals don't have rules but automatically know their place, children and Gchildren of HM in the center, Princess Margaret and the Armstrong Jones further to the side and cousins more to the side. If someone edges their way to the center, HM is way to polite to make a scene. To me it seems really like someone is being PUSHY! Now please, don't put me through the 3rd degree b/c of my opinions and observations.
Thanks!:flowers:

In the pics I have seen of trooping of the colour in the 80's Princess M was always in the middle, more center than HM's own children! I think the royals don't have rules but automatically know their place, children and Gchildren of HM in the center, Princess Margaret and the Armstrong Jones further to the side and cousins more to the side. If someone edges their way to the center, HM is way to polite to make a scene. To me it seems really like someone is being PUSHY! Now please, don't put me through the 3rd degree b/c of my opinions and observations.
Thanks!:flowers:

I think you are quite right about you opinions and observations. It makes sense that the Soverign stands in the middle with her/his husband or wife. And it follows out as you say, children, grandchildren, aunts, cousins, so on.
Princess Michael just wanted to be noticed in my eyes. She shouldn't of been directly behind the Queen. She was just being pushy. :)

The three stars on Prince Philip uniform are from the Garter, the Thistle and the third? is it the star of the OBE?

Yes. He's the Grand Master of the Order of the British Empire.

Back
Top Bottom