The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2017, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
With the notable difference that a Prime Minister bears personal executive and political responsibility, is held accountable by the public. The Queen at the other hand, tja... she did what she had to do. Her white gloves will remain spotless. The comparison between a PM with her boots in the mud and a Queen on her high piedestal is not fair here, I am afraid to say.
Good point, Duc ! The hysteria, however, is getting out of control even for the royals. At the end of yesterday's visit, Prince William was also heckled by the crowd. And, if you read the comments section in the Daily Mail, there are several comments saying that Trooping the Colour should have been canceled ("cancelled" in British spelling), or that the pageantry is incompatible with the nation's current somber mood ("sombre" in British spelling).

Old 06-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
[several comments saying that Trooping the Colour should have been canceled ("cancelled" in British spelling), or that the pagentry is incompatible with the nation's current somber mood ("sombre" in British spelling).
What nonsense such remarks are - MANY hundreds of people have worked hard for Months to bring this much loved occasion to fruition, and the life of the Nation must GO ON.
The sensitive statement issued this Morning by HMQ is sufficent to mark the mood..

Old 06-17-2017, 09:24 AM
Majesty

It is nice to see Lady Gabriella attending the event. Hopefully there will be better photos of the balcony.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What nonsense such remarks are - MANY hundreds of people have worked hard for Months to bring this much loved occasion to fruition, and the life of the Nation must GO ON.
The sensitive statement issued this Morning by HMQ is sufficent to mark the mood..
It is not my opinion. I was just reporting on some comments on the Mail on line.

The tower fire, besides the obvious tragedy of loss of life and property, became symbolic, I think, of the class divide in Britain, which explains why some people are directing their anger at the upper class or the "establishment" in general, of which the Royal Family is obviously a part. The Queen understands that and that is why she was quick to react.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Good point, Duc ! The hysteria, however, is getting out of control even for the royals. At the end of yesterday's visit, Prince William was also heckled by the crowd. And, if you read the comments section in the Daily Mail, there are several comments saying that Trooping the Colour should have been canceled ("cancelled" in British spelling), or that the pageantry is incompatible with the nation's current somber mood ("sombre" in British spelling).

That Colour that is trooped has battle honors on in. It's more about honoring the Household Division than celebrating the Queen. Daily Mail comment section is full of hateful trolls.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
1. The Queen was received with applause, and some of the people she meet said they were in tears after they meet her.

2. The Heckler wanted the 91 year old Queen to come to him. Her Majesty hesitated a bit and was asked by the security guards to get into her car. He then shouted at William. Afterwards he jelled at the others because they had applaused the Queen and he was angry that HM and William had not done anything about the fire safety in London.

He obviously did not understand what a constitutional monarchy is and many became angry with him.

3. The trolls in the DF comments section are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic, ignorant, sick, spiteful bullies who hates everyone. But they represents a very tiny minority of the UK public, and many of them are from other countries.

4. And as I wrote in this thread:
Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014

It's also nice to see how popular Her Majesty is. Her Ipsos MORI and YouGov approval ratings are at 80-90%, and she has since 2014 been polled the most admirred person/woman in the UK (also in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Germany in 2016).

Almost everyone I know in the UK likes her and almost all the comments on The Royal Family, the British Monarchist League and the British Monarchist Society & Foundation facebook pages are positive (in the last few weeks really heartwarming)

Even many of the ignorant and evil minded thugs in the DF comment section (the best rated comments) and on twitter likes her.

5. This thread is about the Trooping the colour and again it made me proud to half British.

I love this picture:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...93_964x547.jpg
Old 06-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
1. Now that I live in Norway, I can't describe how much I miss the mediahhh app.

2. Warning to posters here - be a bit careful when you use the tvpc site.
Have you tried using a vpn to "trick" your location? I use CyberGhost and have nad nothing but positive experiences with it.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

So good to see Savanna and Isla on the balcony this year!!
Old 06-17-2017, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Some additional photos from Trooping The Colour.

PPE Agency

RF on the balcony

Old 06-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

Old 06-17-2017, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

Prince George and Princess Charlotte looks wonderful. They are clearly the future of the BRF.

Where was Princess Michael and Princess Alexandra?
Old 06-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

There's a nice and funny family moment from 2:10 :

Camilla is pointing to the Queen a hidden stool apparently placed here for George. Then the info is given to the Duke, asking to Kate if the object will be useful. Apparently yes because if you look closely, the hidden stool is discretly pushed from Camilla to Kate thanks to the royal feets... At the end George is finally able to enjoy the show !
Old 06-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
There's a nice and funny family moment from 2:10 :

Camilla is pointing to the Queen a hidden stool apparently placed here for George. Then the info is given to the Duke, asking to Kate if the object will be useful. Apparently yes because if you look closely, the hidden stool is discretly pushed from Camilla to Kate thanks to the royal feets... At the end George is finally able to enjoy the show !
I saw that as well. Absolutely adorable!
Old 06-17-2017, 03:36 PM
Majesty

Yes it was very sweet...and then later did you see William grabbing for George as he was moving around toward the balcony? Being up there with young kids would make me a bit nervous as well...I noticed Kate kept a grip on Charlotte too! <G>

LaRae
Old 06-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes it was very sweet...and then later did you see William grabbing for George as he was moving around toward the balcony? Being up there with young kids would make me a bit nervous as well...I noticed Kate kept a grip on Charlotte too! <G>

LaRae
I get nervous too. Young children in my family for example were never allowed to get close to windows or balconies without some kind of protective barrier. But we are just common people, not royalty who has to wave to their dutiful subjects and look good on camera !
Old 06-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Majesty

I guess they have a good track record (the BRF) haven't lost one over the edge yet! lol

LaRae
Old 06-17-2017, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
Where was Princess Michael and Princess Alexandra?

On this pic you can see them next to each other

And here's the complete, great large gallery:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **
Old 06-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

And here's the complete, great large gallery:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **
Is such a large family gathering at the balcony really necessary ? What happened to a slimmed-down , core royal family ?
Old 06-17-2017, 05:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Thanks for the photo!
Lady Gabriella is stunning.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Well the 'slimmed down' idea is always associated with Charles rather than the current Queen. She always seems quite happy to invite all her children, grandchildren, cousins and their families to the Palace on this day and likewise always welcomes them/allows them onto the balcony. If she didn't want to she wouldn't. Of course things may change in the future but for now it seems something of a tradition that the Queen invites them all to attend, maybe she does so as it gives them a fixed point to all get together, this always takes place in the summer, the Christmas lunch at BP in Winter, ensuring the extended family all come together at least twice a year.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour