The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
He could have been brought out at the first balcony appearance before the flypast but I knew he wouldn't be there anyway, I won't hold my breath for an appearance till he's about 4 or 5 and even then it will only be if William's in the mood.
I also think they thought about the weather. Rainy and PG under 1 - not the best idea. He's the heir and they do think cautiously about his health. Just a thought.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Nice photos:

http://imageshack.com/a/img855/1197/wz8b.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img855/3433/9y86.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img840/2060/3smk.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img840/5310/gyjf.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/132/8o0n.jpg

Old 06-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

The first balcony app. -The Queen and the royal colonels are down below taking a salute from various troops. If Kate brought George onto the balcony without William and especially the Queen, people would be having a fit about stealing the Queen's day.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Elizabeth II's Birthday Parade: Trooping The Colour - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Serene Highness

Lady Gabriella Windsor was the best dressed today-as usual IMO. A picture of elegance.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:53 AM
Majesty

Thanks for the photos!
Sophie, The Countess of Wessex, and Lady Helen Taylor chose unflattering outfits. Camilla's, The Duchess of Cornwall, was lovely.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the links. No one looks particularly happy in the first one. It is too bad that George wasn't there, but he is still a little young. The combination of rainy weather, crowds, and the noise from the planes is probably a little much for a little guy.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Normally the Duke of Kent rides but I am guessing he has finished doing this due to his age. He was in the carriage with Alexandra today and last year accompanied the Queen.
So, was Alexandra invited to the carriage to accompany her brother? Cause if I'm right, minor members of the RF do not usually take part in the carriage procession...

Any photos of them in the carriage? I can't find anything. :/
Old 06-14-2014, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I can only find 1 photo of Gabriela and Sophie Windsor

http://imageshack.com/a/img829/9500/b4vq.jpg
Old 06-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=kbk;1675994]So, was Alexandra invited to the carriage to accompany her brother? Cause if I'm right, minor members of the RF do not usually take part in the carriage procession...

The Duke of Kent rode in procession as colonel in chief for many years at this event. Last year he stood in for Prince Philip and sat with the Queen in the Glass coach (it is said this closed coach was used because of the Duke´s ill health - weeks before he had an operation).
Now the Duke of Kent is too frail to ride himself but as Colonel-in-chief of course allowed to ride in procession, so he uses a coach now instead of riding on horseback. His sister joins him because his wife refuses to attend public appearances and functions since about 20 years (the duchess only attends major big events like royal weddings of the brit. royal family).
Old 06-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk View Post
So, was Alexandra invited to the carriage to accompany her brother? Cause if I'm right, minor members of the RF do not usually take part in the carriage procession...

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...fyF3f_YNEl.jpg

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Yes, I believe that given the stroke problems last year and of his advanced age (the Duke will be 80 next year) it's better for him to be in the carriage rather than keep on horseback. The Duke is Colonel of a major Guards Division, the Scots Guards, so they can not just put him coming to the biggest event on the calendar in the coach with other minor members of the family. And it would be lovely to have someone accompanying him in the carriage rather than himself alone there, so what would be a better option than the elegant and graceful Alexandra, his sister.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It's ridiculous that people in other countries got to see PG out and about but he's always been hidden away in the country he actually lives in. Diana and the Queen brought their babies out at TTC but I can't say that I am remotely surprised that George isn't there today.
I think you'll find the big difference is when is Australia & New Zealand going to have the opportunity again? Maybe not for many years, if not longer. Meanwhile, George lives in England. We've seen photos and seen him out on walks with his mom or nanny. When the family feels its appropriate, he'll start attending official events.

I much prefer W&K's approach over Victoria & Daniel's, but admittedly they're in two quite different situations. Estelle is much closer to the throne in terms of both position & age. It's going to be quite a long time (god willing) before George is even the heir.

It's one event. Yes, it would have been cute to see him, but there are multiple things at play here. The truth is we will have decades to see him up there. One missed year isn't a big deal and it doesn't need to be played out like W&K are being selfish. They're his parents and they make the decisions and we need to respect that.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII View Post
Yes, I believe that given the stroke problems last year and of his advanced age (the Duke will be 80 next year) it's better for him to be in the carriage rather than keep on horseback. The Duke is Colonel of a major Guards Division, the Scots Guards, so they can not just put him coming to the biggest event on the calendar in the coach with other minor members of the family. And it would be lovely to have someone accompanying him in the carriage rather than himself alone there, so what would be a better option than the elegant and graceful Alexandra, his sister.
That's exactly what I thought! :)
The Princess looks and smiles wonderful and she seems to enjoy the moment, but the Duke...what a horrible hat. I think he does not enjoy this... Can he see antyhing in that mad thing?
Old 06-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

RT @santos_ldn: Prince Harry, William and Kate just went past my house pic.twitter.com/TRIlYpVlpf

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

THanks for these.
In #1, Camilla, as usual has found something/someone to point out. She does this often.
In #2, Harry has just made someone laugh - in this case it's Tim. Harry's good at that on balconies.
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

British royals turn out in force for Trooping the Colour
Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince Charles attend Trooping the Colour - hellomagazine.com
Nobility

Quote:
It's ridiculous that people in other countries got to see PG out and about but he's always been hidden away in the country he actually lives in. Diana and the Queen brought their babies out at TTC but I can't say that I am remotely surprised that George isn't there today.
What possible difference does it make?! As a Brit, it doesn't matter to me where George happens to be, the vast, vast majority of us will only ever see George on the television or in the newspapers, so it really does not matter one jot whether it happens in Australia or London or Timbuktu.

Had he been on the balcony only a tiny proportion of the crowd would've been able to see him with their own eyes, the rest of us would see him on the telly just as we did when he was Down Under.

On the list of problems the British people have right now, not seeing George in the UK is in pretty much last place.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That's exactly what I thought! :)
The Princess looks and smiles wonderful and she seems to enjoy the moment, but the Duke...what a horrible hat. I think he does not enjoy this... Can he see antyhing in that mad thing?
All of them look like grumpy bears in those hats. It's the chin strap and low brim.

EDIT: And finally - full pictuers of the balcony are coming out: http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/450...wXhgHc5Q%3d%3d
Old 06-14-2014, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

A.W. TOZER

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour