Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Photo from Getty Images

OK if you are going to be that literal, Mr Gilman is behind Lady Ulster (standing next to Lord Ulster), Lady Rose Gilman is behind Lady Nicholas Windsor and next to Lady Gabriella Windsor.

Actually stood next to Mr Gilman is Zenouska Mowatt. My original comment was incorrect when I wrote Lady Gilman.

Can anyone post a video/link to the scene when they are all coming out on the Balcony.. I was curious whether it was routine style (Queen, with no DoE, coming first and others a few minutes later)..or Jubilee style (All coming together at the same time..)..

Picture:
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry in car going or leaving during the Trooping of the Colour-
House of Cambridge

Thanks for the photos!
It was nice to see Prince and Princess Michael and Lady Gabriela, who always displays an impeccable taste in fashion, attending the event.
Prince William and Prince Edward looked awkward in uniforms.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch the coverage on BBC? While the crowds were walking down they showed a nice little piece put together about royal babies. They showed the queens children, grandchildren and then moved onto the great grandchildren from Peter Phillips. They showed Peter and Autumn first with Savannah out looking at the horses then a still black and white image of them with one of their daughters christening. I couldn't tell if it was Isla or Savannah. What did everyone think?

Does anyone know if there's a link to this coverage, so we can watch this piece? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if there's a link to this coverage, so we can watch this piece? Thanks in advance!

There's a link directly above your post to the YouTube video.

Ok some help would be great here. I have been successful in the ballot for tickets for the Stands at TTC this year. I attended about 8 years ago and from memory I just put on my lounge suit. The ticket says morning dress or lounge suit or jacket and trousers. So what do we think? I have a morning coat so it wouldn't cost me any more to put it on, but I don't want to turn up like I should be in a carriage on the parade ground when others aren't dressed up. Any advice would be good if you have been in the last few years or just keen to chip in!

Also my aunt is going as my guest. Again how formal do we reckon - hat and gloves? Or is that a step too far?

Thanks for your help in advance. ?

Ok some help would be great here. I have been successful in the ballot for tickets for the Stands at TTC this year. I attended about 8 years ago and from memory I just put on my lounge suit. The ticket says morning dress or lounge suit or jacket and trousers. So what do we think? I have a morning coat so it wouldn't cost me any more to put it on, but I don't want to turn up like I should be in a carriage on the parade ground when others aren't dressed up. Any advice would be good if you have been in the last few years or just keen to chip in!

Also my aunt is going as my guest. Again how formal do we reckon - hat and gloves? Or is that a step too far?

It sounds like you have a most wonderful day ahead of you. I have never been to an event such as this and would dearly love to go. I'm going to chip in with what I'd do and, trust me, it is not based on any kind of wisdom or experience in this matter at all.

First off, you are taking your aunt with you. That in itself makes this a special occasion in itself. I'd take the opportunity and do this outing up to the nines. Dress to the hilt! Take your aunt to high tea afterwards. This is the sort of day that memories are made of.

I hope the both of you have a splendid time.

Perhaps look at a few clips on YouTube to see what others in the stands are wearing, but most important of all be prepared for a shower & a windy day! Your aunt doesn't want to be bothered by a hat that could blow away :) Hope you have a memorable day.

Thanks for your help in advance. ��

It sounds like you have a most wonderful day ahead of you. I have never been to an event such as this and would dearly love to go. I'm going to chip in with what I'd do and, trust me, it is not based on any kind of wisdom or experience in this matter at all.

First off, you are taking your aunt with you. That in itself makes this a special occasion in itself. I'd take the opportunity and do this outing up to the nines. Dress to the hilt! Take your aunt to high tea afterwards. This is the sort of day that memories are made of.

I hope the both of you have a splendid time.

I agree with Osipi, this is the stuff that memories are made of. Dress well, morning suit or lounge suit, whatever is convenient, hat and gloves for the aunt. To me, it almost does not matter what others are wearing, its what you make of the occasion.

:previous:
This sounds like such a wonderful time and with your aunt, I so miss my aunts, dress to the occasion, dinner dress with hat and gloves and really great shoes and purse. High tea and biscuits at the fanciest place you can find with white table cloth and silver and good china and some really great English Breakfast tea.........I can't wait to hear all about this. Pictures if you can of you and your aunt and the High Tea..........so very envious!

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 1m
Sadly no Prince George at Trooping Colour on BP balcony Sat, sadly- unless Kate & Wills suddenly decide otherwise.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 2h
Palace, typically coy, said they 'don’t announce royals at Trooping the Colour in advance’-I don't think P. George will make an appearance.

I reckon they will bring him out on the balcony. William was brought out as a baby I belocw and even the Queen brought her babies on the balcony.

I also think George will make an appearence on the balcony on Saturday.

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 1m
Sadly no Prince George at Trooping Colour on BP balcony Sat, sadly- unless Kate & Wills suddenly decide otherwise.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 2h
Palace, typically coy, said they 'don’t announce royals at Trooping the Colour in advance’-I don't think P. George will make an appearance.
Instantly dimissing it. They know nothing. Why dimiss it?

I wouldn't expect to to announce it advanced if you look how KP handled the PG events if was always depending on how PG is.

Whether or not they take him out on the balcony, George will probably be at the BP for the event since the whole family gets together and most probably haven't seem him since Christmas.

There are 2 balcony appearances, one where the family greets the Queen returning to BP along with the royal colonels and a second one where everybody is up on the balcony for the Raf flypast. That where we would see George probably being held by his daddy if we do. I hope so. He hasn't been shown off to the people in the UK yet and this seemed a perfect opportunity since it is short time wise and he would be surrounded by his family up on a balcony.

It's not surprising that the Palace does not want to commit itself by saying George will join the family on the balcony. I think it all depends on George's mood, no one wants to deal with a cranky baby on the balcony. Better to not make any promises.

I do have my fingers crossed for a George appearance, the mischief he might get up to pulling hats :ROFLMAO::lol::lol::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm in london during the trooping the color, looking forward to it.

Me too!

I entered the ticket lottery but had my usual luck with lottery tickets...zilch!

Back
Top Bottom