Old 06-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

What nonsense.

LaRae

Old 06-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I did watch the video that Molly2101 posted and it clearly shows that Louise was headed towards the open spot.

Watch the video. Pay attention to Louise and follow Louise. She comes out then walks behinds where Philip is standing then behind James and was heading towards the empty spot but the video cut and shows the audience. The next time it shows the RF on the balcony Louise is near Beatrice.

The empty spot was for Louise that is why there wasn't enough room for Kate.

William pushed aside an eleven year old.
Oh, good lord, you're just having hallucinations at this point, and I think you're enjoying them. It can clearly be seen that Louise has taken her spot on the balcony while William is still coming through the doorway. Louise came out on the balcony ahead of everyone, apart from the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, and James. I'm sure Louise was instructed on where she should stand, Charles would have no reason to leave an empty spot for her when she was already standing somewhere else. I realize all of that is probably too boring for the storyline you're trying to go with.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I did watch the video that Molly2101 posted and it clearly shows that Louise was headed towards the open spot.

Watch the video. Pay attention to Louise and follow Louise. She comes out then walks behinds where Philip is standing then behind James and was heading towards the empty spot but the video cut and shows the audience. The next time it shows the RF on the balcony Louise is near Beatrice.

What on earth are you talking about ?
Old 06-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

William the Balcony Conqueror

Gosh, how inefficient and wimpy that William is. With his superior height and his youth, he could have rolled all those elderly and small royals down like a row of candlepins. Michael and Pushy, you're outta here! Louise and James, begone, ya rug rats! Harry, herd Andy and his girls to the rear. Catherine, wear a much bigger hat next year-Granny got too much attention. Gramps, you look a little weary- go inside and take a seat. And papparazzi- look at MEEEEEEEEE!

I hadn't read this thread too carefully- didn't realize it had become so hilarious.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-17-2015, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

ROFL! I love it....William the Balcony Conqueror....
Old 06-17-2015, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Gosh, how inefficient and wimpy that William is. With his superior height and his youth, he could have rolled all those elderly and small royals down like a row of candlepins. Michael and Pushy, you're outta here! Louise and James, begone, ya rug rats! Harry, herd Andy and his girls to the rear. Catherine, wear a much bigger hat next year-Granny got too much attention. Gramps, you look a little weary- go inside and take a seat. And papparazzi- look at MEEEEEEEEE!

I hadn't read this thread too carefully- didn't realize it had become so hilarious.

I'm envisioning William elbowing his way to the center of the balcony, and then holding George up over the edge, Lion King-style.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

STOP!!! I'm gonna end up with water out my nose!!!

LaRae
Old 06-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If you watch the video you will see that Charles came out before William and so he moved aside to allow for William to be in position next to The Queen. It wasn't William pushing his way in but Charles allowing him there deliberately.

The next question is 'why would Charles do that?'

1. He wanted to have his son and grandson standing between him and The Queen so that the photo of the four monarchs together on the balcony could be taken.

2. He stood where the Queen told him to stand so that she could have her grandson and great-grand-son next to her for her great-grand-son's first appearance.

3. William is so intimidating both his father and grandmother that he is calling the shots on who stands where.

Having answered that question (and either #1 or #2 work for me while #3 is rubbish imo) the next question is why change George?

1. To have him wear the same outfit that William wore as a sign of continuity.

2. To demand attention from The Queen on George's first balcony appearance ever.

As #2 would happen whenever it happened #1 makes more sense.

If The Queen didn't want George to upstage her on the balcony she would simply have refused to allow him to be taken out there but as she knows that the public want to see George and see him on the balcony she isn't so insecure in her place in the family that she minds when her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren do things.

Nothing happened in that central part of the balcony of which Her Majesty didn't approve. She knows what is happening and would also have been involved in the planning of that appearance.

Again, ambiguity over William's and his father's relative positions in the royal house, when there should be none (as the law is very clear about who the heir apparent is).
Old 06-17-2015, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Again, ambiguity over William's and his father's relative positions in the royal house, when there should be none (as the law is very clear about who the heir apparent is).
There is no ambiguity over William and Prince Charles' positions in the royal family. William took the place intended for a child. He did not push his father over. He took a spot vacated for a child so that she could stand next to her grandmother.

If Louise's parents were present then the spot would not have been vacant and Charles would have been standing next to the Queen.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I... I suppose it takes all types in this world.

Maybe we're all wrong and she's right. Maybe Balcony Gate will be the downfall of the monarchy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-17-2015, 05:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:

...And I thought I've seen it all, but I was wrong. I've watched the video, and no one pushed anyone out of the way. I'm sure if that spot was for Louise, she would have been able to stand there, but clearly, it wasn't the case. Not a big deal. She was still in the front, and could see what was going on. Also, why would anyone, William included be so rude as to push a child out of the way? It happens in NYC almost always, but New Yorkers can be special kind of rude sometimes...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Y'know, I'm sure that if there was any kind of pushing and shoving where pushing and shoving shouldn't be for that balcony appearance, I'm sure it would have made the front page of the Daily Mail or some other gossip pushing tabloid out there. These people stay up late at night figuring out ways to build a mountain out of a molehill and none of them saw anything amiss in the positions on the balcony.

As its been said many times before, its all planned out who goes where before they even step through the doors so everything was just as it was supposed to be.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

I did watch the video - Louise followed Philip but she was also positioned beside him BEFORE Charles and Camilla are in position as Camilla is still moving to the right of Charles while Louise has moved to the left of Philip. In other words Louise was NOT supposed to be in that spot at all. Her spot was clear and she went to the place for her - next to her grandfather while James was between his grandparents. Louise was the 4th person onto the balcony with Charles and Camilla coming out behind her and moving in the opposite direction to where she was going. William and George came out even later and are directed into the available position with Louise clearly having followed her grandfather and taken her position beside him having always headed in that direction.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

What are you talking about? From viewing video, William and the baby are at least 3-4 feet from Louise, so he leapt over his wife to push his 11-yr-old niece out of the way??
Old 06-17-2015, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

At 2:28:51 Louise turns around to look at Charles.
At 2:28:56 Louise is standing next to her brother.
At 2:28:57 The video cut to the crowd.

When the video returns to the RF Louise is moving into the space near Beatrice.

Is there another video without the cut to the crowd? The only videos I have seen show the same thing.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Serene Highness

Do the royals really have assigned places to stand or is it not just find a spot and stand there?

Seriously, clearly there is some expectation that the Queen is centre with the most immediate family around her but I can imagine people have 'spots' where they have to be.

IMO people are over analysing the whole thing and putting to much reasoning behind spontaneous actions.

Edit, now video is added - and if we are going to overanalyse, Louise walks out and heads to her left and sticks to that side while William & Catherine head centre then turn right. Louise is nowhere really near them the entire time. So how does William push her out the way?
Old 06-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Royal Highness

Time for a Pimms

I can't believe anyone really thinks that William is so tyrannical or so insecure that he would push aside his little cousin so that he might be more prominently displayed on the balcony. C'mon, he's 6'4", attired in a flashy red and gold uniform, and he's holding an adorable baby attired in a historical playsuit. Ain't no way he could be missed, even if there were two dozen little girls standing in the front row. Plus, he's not a rude or unkind person, so he wouldn't do it. William can get as much attention as he wants whenever he wants and he wouldn't make an ass of himself in front of his relatives and the world.

He doesn't need to call attention to himself.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-17-2015, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
At 2:28:51 Louise turns around to look at Charles.
At 2:28:56 Louise is standing next to her brother.
At 2:28:57 The video cut to the crowd.

When the video returns to the RF Louise is moving into the space near Beatrice.

Is there another video without the cut to the crowd? The only videos I have seen show the same thing.
Getty have a video here which clearly shows Louise coming out on the balcony and moving to beside Philip immediately. I imagine both Louise and James were told by the Queen to stand with their grandparents as their parents weren't there so they didn't feel left out.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Courtier

Trooping the Colour 2003-2015

I'm sure there are big dots with their pictures on them so they know where to stand. I am sure they use pictures because some of them don't know how to spell their own names. Now, this is as ridiculous as some of the above posts.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

In the grand scheme of things, does it matter?!

I was just pleased to see Louise and James.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour