The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
William wasn't brought out until he was almost two. Hoping Catherine tired look means something :)
I'm the opposite, I hope they give themselves plenty of time to enjoy PG before they think about having another child. He isn't even a year old yet so is still very much a baby himself.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Lady Gabriella is a personification of exquisiteness and noble serenity. I like the way she wears wide-brimmed hats.
I, too, prefer the wide-brimmed hats. So much more classy. Hopefully they will make a serious comeback soon. (I suspect the 'fascinator' types are popular for a variety of reasons, but one being that the face is more clearly seen).

Old 06-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Ah.. the tired mom syndrome. Perhaps she had a rough night of it with George having a rough time sleeping. Even though George could fall asleep and peacefully sleep through all the excitement, Kate wasn't so lucky and didn't want to cause any distress by bowing out of Trooping the Color.

There could be a million different explanations. This is but just one of them that seems plausible.
There are a number of shots on the Getty site that show her coughing (I think). She may have a bit of the crud as well as much of the rest of the country.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Nobility

In some article (can't remember which one) I read this morning, it's explained as a sneeze.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Serene Highness

Sneezy rider Kate: Duchess's attack of the sniffles at Trooping the Colour | Mail Online
Old 06-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Serene Highness

She may be reacting to allergies. The sneezing and darker look around her eyes makes me suspect that is the likely culprit.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine is allergic to horses.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Whether Kate is allergic to horses has been the subject of numerous articles and the evidence is that we don't know - she spends a lot of time around horses, there have been some articles saying she is and others saying that she isn't.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Whether Kate is allergic to horses has been the subject of numerous articles and the evidence is that we don't know - she spends a lot of time around horses, there have been some articles saying she is and others saying that she isn't.

Sophie Wessex said herself Kate was allergic to horses. Why would Sophie make that up? She said it to Lee Pearson, paralymic equestrian, at a gathering for the Olympic's and Paralympic's.

Telegraph article
Old 06-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Majesty

An article and a number of pics from Royalista: Trooping of the Colour on the Queen's official birthday | Royalista

There are some details I didn't know about, QEII's brooch. http://royalista.com/wp-content/cach...ox500@1.5x.jpg

According to the article it's called the Guard's Badge and incorborate the regimental badges of the guards regiments.
We can never have enough trivia, eh?
Old 06-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

Does it really matter? There are lots of things other than horses which cause allergic reactions ..... like pollen, grass, dust etc. We don't really know. I just thought that she looked like she had dark shadows under her eyes and then the sneezing. Being susceptible, I recognized the look. :)
Old 06-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Does it really matter? There are lots of things other than horses which cause allergic reactions ..... like pollen, grass, dust etc. We don't really know. I just thought that she looked like she had dark shadows under her eyes and then the sneezing. Being susceptible, I recognized the look. :)
If I'm not mistaken, several had said it had started to rain too. When its raining or there is high humidity, it seems to affect my allergies more. It could have been anything and as you state, its really of no importance really.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
To the poster back a couple of pages, Peter and Zara have attended in the past few years. Their last appearances were not during childhood. :-)
That poster was me. Now you come to mention it, I remember seeing photos of Peter on the balcony in more recent years, although I still haven't seen any of Zara not from her childhood. Could you or another member post a couple here to refresh my memory?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

There is one in Princess Diana's maternity fashion and nursery handbook I believe.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Sophie Wessex said herself Kate was allergic to horses. Why would Sophie make that up? She said it to Lee Pearson, paralymic equestrian, at a gathering for the Olympic's and Paralympic's.

Telegraph article

I did say that there is conflicting evidence - and that Sophie said that she is is only one piece of evidence.

For every article that says she is there is another that says she isn't - I checked before posting.

So True? So False? Is Kate Middleton Really Allergic to Horses?! | E! Online - a rep for the royal couple has officially gone on record once and for all denying the rumor."The Duchess is not allergic to horses," the rep told E! News. "This rumor has been around for a while but is not true." - article goes on to say that Kate was working on lessening the symptons according to the wife of the US Polo President.

Kate Is Learning to Ride Horses - The British Royals, Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, Prince William : People.com Though it's been said Kate has a mild allergy to ponies, it's never been confirmed. Palace insiders also point out that she is regularly around the animals in her official duties, being pulled by them in carriages, and in private – and yet she doesn't appear to suffer any reaction.

The only report that supports the idea is a comment by one person that Sophie allegedly told him - not directly from Sophie herself by second hand.

As Kate has spent a lot of time around horses since meeting William and hasn't appeared to suffer from any allergy she is either very mildly allergic, taking lots of drugs or isn't allergic.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Aristocracy

Or she could be like me and everything and anything (usually quick weather change) will cause me to have sneezing attacks. I am not allergic to any one thing but a multiple of things might make me sneeze. OR it could just be random sneezing.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Majesty

I'm with the random sneeze.

As to all the info about her being allergic to horses, well that may very well be true. But not in the way it has been understood.

A woman of Catherine's background would have had ample time and money to learn how to ride when she was school age. The fact that she is learning how to ride as a young woman gives it a whole new twist . . . not being a rider she may have felt uneasy or timid about horses and a laughing off-hand "I'm allergic to them" when asked to view or pat one at some time could easily have given rise to the "unconfirmed" allegy.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:54 PM

Why does Prince Harry ride in a carriage and not mounted? Duke of York also. Does this have to do with their military rank?
Old 06-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Aristocracy

horses are the devil ***runs out of thread****
Old 06-15-2014, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMeg View Post
Why does Prince Harry ride in a carriage and not mounted? Duke of York also. Does this have to do with their military rank?

Different types of units.

LaRae

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour