Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely wouldn't bring out a 11-month old for a flyover, but then again, I wouldn't have taken a 1-year-old to a wedding.

I assume you mean Estelle? Nor would I to be honest.

I wouldn't bring a baby out for a flypast because it's very loud and would probably frighten them.

Pity its just started to rain in London!

Perhaps next year for Prince George but I think we'll be getting official portraits of him to mark his first birthday next month.

The Royal Family are now out on the balcony of the Palace.

Perhaps next year for Prince George but I think we'll be getting official portraits of him to mark his first birthday next month.
We will see new film about PG to mark his first birthday

Part of the flypast formation and the red arrows flew over my garden 20 minutes ago on their way to London - it is not often I can be seen jumping up and down waving on the front lawn! Such an impressive event!

Normally the Duke of Kent rides but I am guessing he has finished doing this due to his age. He was in the carriage with Alexandra today and last year accompanied the Queen.
Yes i think they may stick to that arrangement from this year due to the Duke's age plus if anyone remembered, he had suffered a stroke last year so I think it is better to be cautious. He is the Colonel of the Scots Guards which forms the Guards Division, so I think from now on, he is always entitled to be in the carriages procession unless he may resign from the role at some points in the future.

It's ridiculous that people in other countries got to see PG out and about but he's always been hidden away in the country he actually lives in. Diana and the Queen brought their babies out at TTC but I can't say that I am remotely surprised that George isn't there today.

Last edited:
It's ridiculous that people in other countries got to see PG out and about but he's always been hidden away in the country he actually lives in. Diana and the Queen brought their babies out at TTC but I can't say that I am remotely surprised that George isn't there today.

I agree on this... :ermm:

He'll probably make his debut on the balcony next year, although I was hoping for this year. George will probably be seen in public at a polo match or if William & Catherine conduct an engagement that would allow them to take George along like that they on the tour.

Only Harry was at trooping this young 9 months. William was 2. Considering that trooping is before William's bday. He was probably almost 3. A flypast is very loud and since he is probably too little to understand what's going on not to be scared by it.

Only Harry was at trooping this young 9 months. William was 2. Considering that trooping is before William's bday. He was probably almost 3. A flypast is very loud and since he is probably too little to understand what's going on not to be scared by it.

He could have been brought out at the first balcony appearance before the flypast but I knew he wouldn't be there anyway, I won't hold my breath for an appearance till he's about 4 or 5 and even then it will only be if William's in the mood.

He could have been brought out at the first balcony appearance before the flypast but I knew he wouldn't be there anyway, I won't hold my breath for an appearance till he's about 4 or 5 and even then it will only be if William's in the mood.

I also think they thought about the weather. Rainy and PG under 1 - not the best idea. He's the heir and they do think cautiously about his health. Just a thought.

The first balcony app. -The Queen and the royal colonels are down below taking a salute from various troops. If Kate brought George onto the balcony without William and especially the Queen, people would be having a fit about stealing the Queen's day.

Lady Gabriella Windsor was the best dressed today-as usual IMO. A picture of elegance.

Thank you for the links. No one looks particularly happy in the first one. It is too bad that George wasn't there, but he is still a little young. The combination of rainy weather, crowds, and the noise from the planes is probably a little much for a little guy.

Normally the Duke of Kent rides but I am guessing he has finished doing this due to his age. He was in the carriage with Alexandra today and last year accompanied the Queen.
So, was Alexandra invited to the carriage to accompany her brother? Cause if I'm right, minor members of the RF do not usually take part in the carriage procession...

Any photos of them in the carriage? I can't find anything. :/

So, was Alexandra invited to the carriage to accompany her brother? Cause if I'm right, minor members of the RF do not usually take part in the carriage procession...

The Duke of Kent rode in procession as colonel in chief for many years at this event. Last year he stood in for Prince Philip and sat with the Queen in the Glass coach (it is said this closed coach was used because of the Duke´s ill health - weeks before he had an operation).
Now the Duke of Kent is too frail to ride himself but as Colonel-in-chief of course allowed to ride in procession, so he uses a coach now instead of riding on horseback. His sister joins him because his wife refuses to attend public appearances and functions since about 20 years (the duchess only attends major big events like royal weddings of the brit. royal family).

Any photos of them in the carriage? I can't find anything. :/
Yes, I believe that given the stroke problems last year and of his advanced age (the Duke will be 80 next year) it's better for him to be in the carriage rather than keep on horseback. The Duke is Colonel of a major Guards Division, the Scots Guards, so they can not just put him coming to the biggest event on the calendar in the coach with other minor members of the family. And it would be lovely to have someone accompanying him in the carriage rather than himself alone there, so what would be a better option than the elegant and graceful Alexandra, his sister.

I think you'll find the big difference is when is Australia & New Zealand going to have the opportunity again? Maybe not for many years, if not longer. Meanwhile, George lives in England. We've seen photos and seen him out on walks with his mom or nanny. When the family feels its appropriate, he'll start attending official events.

I much prefer W&K's approach over Victoria & Daniel's, but admittedly they're in two quite different situations. Estelle is much closer to the throne in terms of both position & age. It's going to be quite a long time (god willing) before George is even the heir.

It's one event. Yes, it would have been cute to see him, but there are multiple things at play here. The truth is we will have decades to see him up there. One missed year isn't a big deal and it doesn't need to be played out like W&K are being selfish. They're his parents and they make the decisions and we need to respect that.

Yes, I believe that given the stroke problems last year and of his advanced age (the Duke will be 80 next year) it's better for him to be in the carriage rather than keep on horseback. The Duke is Colonel of a major Guards Division, the Scots Guards, so they can not just put him coming to the biggest event on the calendar in the coach with other minor members of the family. And it would be lovely to have someone accompanying him in the carriage rather than himself alone there, so what would be a better option than the elegant and graceful Alexandra, his sister.
That's exactly what I thought! :)
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Edward+Duke+Kent+Princess+Alexandra+3WfyF3f_YNEl.jpg
The Princess looks and smiles wonderful and she seems to enjoy the moment, but the Duke...what a horrible hat. I think he does not enjoy this... Can he see antyhing in that mad thing? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom