Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have a picture that include the Duchess of Kent?

Can anyone identify for me what uniform Prince Edward is wearing?? Looks good!

It's a shame that here in Canada we can't see it, but I doubt that enough people would get up so early to watch it to make it worthwhile for the CBC to buy the broadcast rights. :(

I wonder who will become Colonel of the Grenadiers once Prince Philip either retires or is not longer with us. Harry or Andrew?

Looking on the balcony photos,I can conclude that the whole atmosphere is very facinating,especially admiring William and Kate.I am glad that the most of Kents were present,though I wonder why the other closer relatives were not present on the balcony.If I am not mistaken,Princess Beatrice ,Lord Nicholas Windsor,Lord Downpatrick and Lord Fredrick Windsor were absent.

Can anyone identify for me what uniform Prince Edward is wearing?? Looks good!

I don't know why, but it always annoys me to see Edward in uniform when he never served.

I suppose I'm unreasonable, since others in the RF didn't either, but it just seems like self-aggrandizement to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why, but it always annoys me to see Edward in uniform when he never served.

I suppose I'm unreasonable, since others in the RF didn't either, but it just seems like self-aggrandizement to me.

Haven't we had discussion about his uniforms? ;)
It certainly is a new one which I have never seen before and google isn't answer my many search questions.

Lumutqueen said:
Haven't we had discussion about his uniforms? ;)
It certainly is a new one which I have never seen before and google isn't answer my many search questions.

Per Twitter-
@orderofsplendor Prince Andrew has no army appointments, hence why no uniform. Edward on the other hand does, hence the uniform.

Apparently Beatrice is at a wedding this afternoon with Catherine, (info courtesy of Mia_mae), so I wonder why she didn't show herself today.

Its funny how we see what we see. I definitely felt I was looking at a functional family with complicated - but working - relationships. However, I did not see happiness - I saw 'good form'. Practiced smiles, betraying nothing. Newlyweds are always happy and everyone likes to look at pretty people in love - so they don't count. :p ;) (Besides which, old aunties are demanding - its been over a month since the wedding - where's the baby!?! :D )

It strikes me how complex and difficult it must be to be 'on show' like that - watched in the nano-seconds, pictures popping left and right. To me the Duchess of Cornwall looked strained in the carriage - who knows why - shoes pinching her feet, lumbago acting up - I jest, but you know what I mean. One wonders, though, of the story behind that moment caught, or was it just the camera being unforgiving?

What do you say to each other standing up there on the balcony being watched? Especially as one knows there are lip-readers hanging on every utterance. It looks so uncomfortable to me - like something endured.

So we see something different - each of us. I saw 'good form'. And complexity.

Where was Princess Anne? Especially as I thought I saw her husband behind the Queen - or was I mistaken?

Its always charming seeing little children up there - what an experience it must be for them!

Were Peter, Autumn, Zara, or Mike even there? I noticed none of them attended Epsom either.

My new favourite image : Lady Louise . She's so pretty. :D Louise appeared to love every second of the morning. It was adorable. There was a moment on the balcony when Prince William told her to look to the sky for the Red Arrows and her face filled with glee. Too adorable.

This is also adorable. Sophie looked very pretty today, as did Catherine. I LOVED Catherine's headpiece. Her hair is stunning.

Perhaps Zara etc. are busy. Princess Beatrice wasn't there either. I hope Zara puts in an appearance at Ascot as I love for her hats there! They are such a highlight, positive and negative!

Regarding Edward's uniform, the commentator (I think it was Huw Edwards) said it was something to do with him being Colonel of something related to Scotland. Perhaps he wore it as the theme of the day was Scotland?

Last edited:
I saw Princess Anne during the parade on horseback of course, never saw her on the balcony. I'm not surprised at not Zara, Mike, Peter and Autumn.

I don't think that Peter and Zara were at last years Trooping. Peter and Autumn usually show up at Ascot...and they will most likely all be at Windsor tomorrow.

Were Peter, Autumn, Zara, or Mike even there? I noticed none of them attended Epsom either.

I can't remember Zara ever attending Trooping. She at least hasn't in many years.

who's getting married?

btw thanks for the video...and William and Catherine always chatting with each other...LOL

Sam Wensly somebody.

Where was Princess Anne? Especially as I thought I saw her husband behind the Queen - or was I mistaken?

Anne is stood behind the Queen in her military uniform in a picture about 3/4 of the way down this article.
Kate Middleton and Prince William make Trooping the Colour debut | Mail Online

Also DM needs to get their calculators out;

The Queen's actual birthday was on April 21, when she turned 83.

Don't mean to age you Her Majesty but you're 85.

Last edited:
I thought Catherine looked amazing. I'd kill to have her hair, her figure, and her sense of style.

Does anyone know who the young girls and boys are on the balcony? I recognize Lady Louise Windsor, but not the others.

--Linda

Prince Edward was wearing the uniform of the London Regiment.

Very impressive ceremony. I was lucky enough to see it a few times when I lived in England.
Kate, absolutely gorgeous. Certainly a breath of fresh air in the royal family.
As I´m very fond of children, I was happy to see adorable Lady Louise and the three other little girls, which I think were Margarita A.Jones and the Taylor girls.

34 royals on the balcony?

Hey, thanks for the pointers. :)

Here's who I think was on the balcony today:

Queen Elizabeth
Prince Philip
Prince Charles
Duchess of Cornwall
Prince William
Duchess of Cambridge
Prince Harry
Princess Anne
Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence
Prince Andrew
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugenie
Prince Edward
Countess of Wessex

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent
Duke and Duchess of Kent
Lady Helen Taylor and Mr. Timothy Taylor, with their children? Columbus, Cassius, Eloise and Estella
Viscount and Viscountess Linley? with Lady Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones? and Charles.

ETA: Princess Alexandra

I make that 28, and I counted 34 heads in the widest group shot I found.

Who's missing?

Linda

Last edited:
Earl and Countess of St Andrews with their two daughters Lady Marina and Lady Amalia, Lady Frederick Windsor, Duke of Gloucester, Gary Lewis, George Gilman, Countess of Ulster, Princess Alexandra, Julia Oglivy and her two children (Flora and a boy) Arthur and Daniel Chatto.

- Princess Beatrice nor Viscount Linley were there.

Seen a picture of Lady Rose Gilman as well on the balcony so we can add her to list

Balcony list version 2

1. Queen Elizabeth
2. Prince Philip
3. Prince Charles
4. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwal
5. Prince William
6. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
7. Prince Harry
8. Princess Anne
9. Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence
10. Prince Andrew
11. Princess Eugenie
12. Prince Edward
13. Sophie, Countess of Wessex
14. Lady Louise Windsor
15. Duke of Kent
16. Duchess of Kent
17. Prince Michael of Kent
18. Princess Michael of Kent
19. Princess Alexandra.
20. Lady Helen Taylor
21. Mr. Timothy Taylor
22-25: Their children, Columbus, Cassius, Eloise and Estella Taylor
26. Earl of St. Andrews
27. Countess of St. Andrews
28-29. Their children, Lady Marina and Lady Amalia
30-32. Julia Oglivy with Flora and her son
33-34. Arthur and Daniel Chatto
35-36. Viscountess Linley and Lady Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones
37. Lady Rose Gilman.

This about right?

Thanks for your help. I was struggling with this last year and have since found this forum, which makes things so much better. :)

--L

So,there were nearly all royals besides Zara Phillips,Peter Phillips with wife,Princess Beatrice(I wondered if she ignored it being criticised the last times because of her fashion choice),Lord Frederick and Nickolas Windsor ,Lord Downpatrick and I didn't see any Battenberg-Mountbattens.
I wonder if there will be the same(more or less) balcony appeareance after the throne passes to Prince Charles

Back
Top Bottom