Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has nothing to do with the balcony crumbling..no one said anything about that. You can only fit X amount of people in X amount of space.

Again...as mentioned earlier in the thread...comments were made about who stands where...

LaRae

If you live in Germany you can watch Trooping on 3sat. They started their broadcast at 10:30. It's a joint broadcast with ORF2.
Aslo the ARD broadcast starts at 11:35.

Last edited:
The Trooping of the Colour

There is just one 'the' and no 'of' in the name of this ceremony.. it is simply 'Trooping the Colour'...#JustSaying

Last edited:
Three carriages this year:
#1: The Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge
#2: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Duke of Kent
#3: The Countess of Wessex, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie of York, and Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor

The Queen is alone in her carriage for what is, I think, the first time since the Duke of Edinburgh stopped riding.

Last edited:
Trooping the Colour 2003-2018

Three carriages this year:
#1: The Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge
#2: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Duke of Kent
#3: The Countess of Wessex, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie of York, and Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor

A photo of carriage three:

Oh I wish The Queen wasn’t riding alone.

I love how Duchess of Cornwall and Duchess of Cambridge ride together. It presents a really nice image. Not to mention, Duchess of Cambridge looks simply amazing today.

Camilla and Kate wearing coordinated outfits : cute !
Queen in blue as well ...

Sorry for ignorance - I thought all Royal Family members will ride in carriages, and I am quite confused - where other RFers?
I've read Duke of York will ride on horseback, does it mean William and Charles will ride horses as well?

The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a dress by Alexander McQueen and a hat by Juliette Botterill

The Duchess of Sussex is wearing a dress by Carolina Herrera and a hat by Philip Treacy

From twitter Carolyn Durand
@CarolynDurand
The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a dress by Alexander McQueen and a hat by Juliette Botterill

The Duchess of Sussex is wearing a dress by Carolina Herrera and a hat by Philip Treacy

Trooping the Colour 2003-2018

Sorry for ignorance - I thought all Royal Family members will ride in carriages, and I am quite confused - where other RFers?
I've read Duke of York will ride on horseback, does it mean William and Charles will ride horses as well?

William, Charles, Andrew and Edward (Duke of Kent) and Anne all ride in their capacity as Royal Colonels. Edward is not riding this year he’s in a carriage.

Yes, and also Princess Anne. They're all colonels of Household Division regiments. (The Duke of Kent is a colonel as well, but he's gone by carriage since his stroke a few years ago.)

Some of the junior members of the family also travel down by car/bus before the procession.

Last edited:
William, Charles, Andrew and Edward (Duke of Kent) and Anne all ride in their capacity as Royal Colonels. Edward is not riding this year he’s on a carriage.

Not The Duke of Kent.

I have so much a Queen Victoria vib seeing the Queen alone in her carriage ...

I think Prince Edward got back a day or two ago.

LaRae

Last edited:
I do believe Edward is indeed not here. In the thirds carriage we can aonly see Pcesses Beatrice, Eugénie, Ctess Wessex and Lady Louise.

Edward, The Earl of Wessex is not there no, but Edward The Duke of Kent is in the second carriage with The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. He is a royal colonel and would usually ride but obviously due to age has not.

The massed bands now, excellent. The Queen managed to get up those dais steps, than goodness.

Edward, The Earl of Wessex is not there no, but Edward The Duke of Kent is in the second carriage with The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. He is a royal colonel and would usually ride but obviously due to age has not.

I stand corrected. Thought wou were talking about the Earl of Wessex. My bad !

The Queen, The Duchess Of Cornwall and The Duchess of Cambridge wearing different shades of blue. Meghan is wearing blush pink.

Does it ever rain on Trooping the Colour any gorgeous day for it in London!

Back
Top Bottom