Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're going to have to be clearer in our abbreviations - we now have DOC (Duchess of Cornwall ) and DOC (Duchess of Cambridge) ....

Last edited by a moderator:
We also have the Duke of Cambridge - so that is three DOC's but we could simply go DOCo, DOCa and William

I always remember a picture of Queen Elizabeth on horseback wearing a red uniform at a trooping of colour, does anyone know what uniform that was?

The Queen, as Colonel-in-Chief of each regiment, always wears the uniform of the regiment whose Colour is being trooped.
If you meant this red uniform, the Queen wore uniform of the Grenadier Guards.

Love the look on her face!

I'm always amazed by the incident years ago where a nutjob fired blanks at HM during the Trooping of Colour, she controlled her horse Burmese, and continued on with such aplomb as if nothing ever occurred. And she didn't even know at the time that they were blanks and not real bullets. What a gutsy woman, but so typical in character and poise.

Me too! Her Majesty has such expressive features.
As a fictional lady said in a Doctor Who episode, "We are British. We carry on". While that doesn't necessarily describe all Brits, I feel it's very spot on in regards to Her Majesty. She never loses her composure or dignity!

:crown5: . . . . . :royalstandard: . . . . . :crown5:

Trooping the Colour

June 16

a%20crown.gif
. . . . . :royalstandard: . . . . .
a%20crown.gif

Just a heads up for those who feared we would have another "scaled down" balcony appearance (the Queen, Prince Philip, and the Wales family) for the Trooping the Colour tomorrow (June 16) - that's thankfully not happening.

So far, the Queen, Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Princess Anne, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke of Kent, and Princess Alexandra have been conformed to attend the Queen's birthday parade, including Buckingham Palace balcony appearance.

No word on Prince Philip and the Yorks though; Prince Philip's attendance will probably depend on his condition.
The other usual suspects (the extended family, including Princess Margaret's children and grandchildren) will probably be there too.

As usual, there'll be a flypast; we've seen quite a few of them lately but I, for one, am not complaining.

Last edited:
Well confirming they're attending the event doesn't mean they'll be on the balcony. Those people attended the service and were not on the balcony.

Prince Philip is doing an engagement this evening I believe hosting a dinner at BP. I'm pretty hopeful we'll see him tomorrow :)

Well confirming they're attending the event doesn't mean they'll be on the balcony. Those people attended the service and were not on the balcony.

Prince Philip is doing an engagement this evening I believe hosting a dinner at BP. I'm pretty hopeful we'll see him tomorrow :)

The balcony appearance of the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Princess Anne and the Wales family has actually been confirmed. :)
If it's not a "heirs only" appearance, then we will most probably have the usual extended family balcony appearance.

The Queen's children and in-laws have to appear at least, even if the rest of the extended family don't appear. The grandchildren should appear too, the usual suspects will likely be William, Harry, Bea, Eugenie will likely be there. Louise will probably be there but Peter and Zara may not. I hope James at least makes it to the balcony.

The Queen decided for the heirs balcony, we don't know what we'll get tomorrow.

As for the Wales' + Cambridges' where did you find that confirmation Artemsia, just searched the BRF and Prince Of Wales website and couldn't find anything?

When will start the ceremony?

The Queen decided for the heirs balcony, we don't know what we'll get tomorrow.

As for the Wales' + Cambridges' where did you find that confirmation Artemsia, just searched the BRF and Prince Of Wales website and couldn't find anything?
The British Royal Family website does mention the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and Princess Anne will be on the balcony. As for the Wales family, yesterday there was information on the Prince of Wales website, but they have edited a lot of things since then; not only the information about Trooping the Colour - Camilla's engagement with the Queen today are now not there.

When will start the ceremony?
Events begin at 10.00am, with the balcony appearance and fly-past at 1.00pm (all times are BST). The parade is also broadcast live on the BBC.

Last edited:
I know the lists on the BRF website, but that's odd about the POW website cause I've just seen the info about Camilla's engagement with HM today. Think it was on the BRF website as well. Maybe they've removed it for a reason.

Those times (10am and 1pm) are BST not GMT, and for you MagMil you just gotta add an hour. :)

I know the lists on the BRF website, but that's odd about the POW website cause I've just seen the info about Camilla's engagement with HM today. Think it was on the BRF website as well. Maybe they've removed it for a reason.

Those times (10am and 1pm) are BST not GMT, and for you MagMil you just gotta add an hour. :)
I can't see Camilla's engagements listed anywhere, not on BRF website, neither on PoW one.
I thought Britain had abandoned the Summer Time; guess it was a bit premature. Just corrected it in my post. Thanks! :flowers:

We are in British Summer Time until the last Sunday of October and have been since the last Sunday of March. We are GMT plus an hour :)

I can't see Camilla's engagements listed anywhere, not on BRF website, neither on PoW one.
I thought Britain had abandoned the Summer Time; guess it was a bit premature. Just corrected it in my post. Thanks! :flowers:

A bill was introduced in the House of Commons to move permanently to Central European Time. I think it's either failed or been placed firmly on the back burner due to opposition in Scotland. I would side with the Scots on this because in Scotland/NI it would mean children going to school in the morning in pitch black as it doesn't get light till almost 9am here in winter.

I adore Trooping the Colour; it's probably my favourite event on the royal calendar. I just love soldiers in the scarlet tunics marching along to some wonderful marches, my favourite being the Grenadier Guards' quick march:

Trooping of the colour - The British Grenadiers - YouTube

Does anyone know if there will be any way to watch this live in the US? Will the BBC be streaming it on their website?

Nobody does this better then the British!! I love the pagentry of everything British!!!!!

This event is always a pleasure to watch, but this year it'll be even more special because of the Diamond Jubilee. Hope I can be awake to watch it, but if not, I'll be hoping for snippets and pictures that are usually shared on here.

There will be a fly past at noon.

Back
Top Bottom