Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The next who is alive.

Grandchildren of King George V and Queen Mary

1. HM Queen Elizabeth II (b. 1926).
2. HRH Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon (b. 1930).
2. The Rt. Hon. George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood (1923-2011).
3. The Hon. George Lascelles (1924-1998).
4. HRH Prince William of Gloucester (1941-1972).
5. HRH Prince Richard, 2nd Duke of Gloucester (b. 1944).
6. HRH Prince Edward, 2nd Duke of Kent (b. 1935).
7. HRH Princess Alexandra, The Hon. Lady Ogilvy (b. 1936).
8. HRH Prince Michael of Kent (b. 1942).

You need to adjust your list. Princess Margaret has been dead since 2002.

They showed Peter and Autumn first with Savannah out looking at the horses then a still black and white image of them with one of their daughters christening. I couldn't tell if it was Isla or Savannah. What did everyone think?

I've never seen that picture before, nor have I seen that footage before.

Picture in question is the one attached;

Attachments

• peter.jpg
    peter.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 327
I'm sure I've missed something. Where are the Gloucestors?

They were there - on the far right as you look at the screen. They are on Getty images.

I'm sure I've missed something. Where are the Gloucestors?

Earl of Ulster and Lady Rose can be seen in this picture;
Photo from Getty Images

The Duke of Gloucester looks to be the gentleman on the far left
Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Harry, Catherine Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William Duke of Cambridge attend the annual 'Trooping The Colour' ceremony at Buckingham Palace in London - Pictures - Zimbio

They were there - on the far right as you look at the screen. They are on Getty images.

Far left I believe, the Kents were on the far right. If you're looking at the balcony straight on.

Thank you. I'm sad they are not identified by name.

:previous:

First time on the balcony (Im finding this confusing) the Gloucesters were on the right. Here is a clearer pic with, I think , the Duchess in blue coat

Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Harry, Catherine Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William Duke of Cambridge attend the annual 'Trooping The Colour' ceremony at Buckingham Palace in London - Pictures - Zimbio

How odd!

I found this one where the DOG looks to be the man on the left. :lol: They must have swapped sides. :flowers:
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/XZBdQ90ai4o/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Prince+Harry+Catherine/NkL9Bz67rXD

Why doesn't Prince Andrew wear a uniform after his years in the Navy?

The little video of the Queen's children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren was BEAUTIFUL and the song was perfect. Loved the little clips of Savannah, she is so cute.

I was at work today so only caught some images on my break of the family on the balcony and I genuinely got really excited when I saw James and making his hands into binoculars.

Yes that's the one! I think it could be Isla's christening. This is a Daily Mail article about it and Autumns jacket looks similar style

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-nieces-christening-husband-Mike-Tindall.html

Also in the mentioned photo Peter wears a striped tie whereas in these photos of Savannah's christening he is not:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-Queen-Elizabeth-does-family-commitments.html

Why doesn't Prince Andrew wear a uniform after his years in the Navy?
Well he is not a Colonel of any of the Guards regiments or like his brother Edward a Colonel of a regiment associated with the Guards. Sir Tim is also in civies and not in his uniform as a Vice Admiral.

I think Andrew doesn't wear a uniform as his regimental orders and such are from the Navy, not the Army.

The family appear on the balcony twice, to watch the Queen arrive back and take tehsalute outside the palace gates and then again with the Queen this time for the fly past. I think one of the photos must have been the 1st apperance and the other the 2nd. There seems to be more members of the family on the balcony when the Queen is not present than later on when she is there.

The family appear on the balcony twice, to watch the Queen arrive back and take tehsalute outside the palace gates and then again with the Queen this time for the fly past. I think one of the photos must have been the 1st apperance and the other the 2nd. There seems to be more members of the family on the balcony when the Queen is not present than later on when she is there.

I know they do, I watched the trooping myself and posted screenshots. It is evident that Cepe's photo is the first appearance, and mine the second appearance as The Queen is present.

I still can't get over how hilarious it is to see James making binocular's out of his hands. Please Edward and Sophie, get him his own pair for next year. :)

It was also lovely at the very end as the family were going back indoors the Duchess of Kent kissed Prince Edward (Wessex) on the cheek.

Last edited:
I know they do, I watched the trooping myself and posted screenshots. It is evident that Cepe's photo is the first appearance, and mine the second appearance as The Queen is present.

Sorry just trying to be helpful!!! Seemed from your post that there might have been some confussion

Exquisite Camilla, as always... wow !! Perhaps the younger ladies could learn from her sense of style.

I think Andrew doesn't wear a uniform as his regimental orders and such are from the Navy, not the Army.

Andrew does have army rank but not associated with the Household Regiments. Edward does hold honorary rank in a Household Regiment as does Anne, which is why she wears the rank of the honourary colonel.

Andrew's British army ranks are:

Colonel-in-Chief of the 9th/12th Royal Lancers (Prince of Wales's)
Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Irish Regiment (27th (Inniskilling) 83rd and 87th and Ulster Defence Regiment)
Colonel-in-Chief of the Small Arms School Corps
Colonel-in-Chief of the Yorkshire Regiment (14th/15th, 19th and 33rd/76th Foot)
Royal Colonel of the Royal Highland Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion Royal Regiment of Scotland

Edward's British army ranks are:

Royal Honorary Colonel of the Royal Wessex Yeomanry
1 May 2011 –: Royal Honorary Colonel of the London Regiment[31]
Royal Colonel of the 2nd Battalion, The Rifles

The London Regiment is the one that gives him the right to wear uniform for the Trooping the Colour as this regiment is one of the regiments of Guards Division.

Anne's British army ranks are:

Colonel-in-Chief of the King's Royal Hussars
Colonel-in-Chief of the Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters Regiment (29/45 Foot)
Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Corps of Signals
Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Logistic Corps
Colonel-in-Chief the Royal Army Veterinary Corps
Colonel of the Blues and Royals
Royal Colonel of the Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Battalion Royal Regiment of Scotland
Royal Colonel of the 52nd Lowland Regiment, 6th Battalion Royal Regiment of Scotland
Royal Honorary Colonel of the University of London OTC
Commandant-in-Chief of the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry (Princess Royal's Volunteer Corps)

It is as the Colonel of the Blues and Royals that Anne wears a uniform to Trooping the Colour as that is also one of the Household Regiments (and the one that both William and Harry joined on leaving Sandhurst).

The ladies, except the York girls, look wonderful. God knows who advises them on clothing and why they would listen. Camilla and Katherine look great, beautiful. Sophie looked good, the queen never varies much, better today than years ago.

oh my god! sooooooooo beautiful photo!

I thought the York girls looked great along with the others. They are young and dressed accordingly. Kate looked her age - somewhere between 40 and 60 - that is her age isn't it based on her clothes?? Camilla looked fine but the gap at the front underneath her necklace should have been closed rather than open.

I didn't know that The Queen and Royal Colonels used to salute The Queen Mother at the Trooping of the Colour Parade? In the video I posted of the 1986 ceremony, you will see this being done at 20:49.

Wild guess here but as the Trooping the Colour is the official birthday celebration for the Sovereign, they salute the mother of the Sovereign? The woman that gave birth to the Sovereign?

It was good to see the Duchess of Kent making a fairly prominent appearance on the balcony. The live coverage showed a nice exchange between her and Edward as they were leaving to go indoors

Who are the people behind lord and lady nicholas? The queen looked radiant btw!

Directly behind are The Earl and Countess of Ulster, behind them are Lady Rose Gilman's husband. Behind Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor on the right is Zenouska Mowatt.

Last edited:
is this lady Rose? I think this is lady Gabriella

2013-06-15-trooping-kents-92.jpg

Yes that is Gabriella next to Prince Michael, Rose is behind Lord Ulster.

She's a lovely young lady and kudos to her for wearing a beautiful, stylish broad-brimmed hat that can actually be called a hat!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom