Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lady Louise is on the balcony in a purple outfit. Too cute. No James though, not a surprise really.

I do love the pomp of it all, no one does it like the British.

:previous:
I'm so happy that once again we can see Lady Louise :):):) pic
The Queen and Countess of Wessex wear the outfits from Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding :flowers:

Last edited:
- The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh

- Prince Harry
- Prince Charles and Prince William
- The Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge
- The Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge

- Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie

Gallery from Daylfie
Gallery from Getty

Pomp and ceremony: Royal family reunite in magnificent style for Trooping the Colour on Queen's official birthday
The royal family were reunited in magnificent style today as Prince Philip looked in good spirits at his first major event since he was hospitalised during the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Kate was radiant in a silver-grey Erdem dress and avant-garde Jane Corbett hat, while Camilla wore a baby blue suit and sparkling choker for the Queen's official birthday in Horse Guards Parade. It was the Duke of Edinburgh's first major public engagement since he spent a week in hospital with a bladder infection and was forced to miss part of the Jubilee event. The Queen brought extra cheer to the occasion despite the gloomy weather in a primrose yellow coat and dress by Angela Kelly with matching hat, displaying her Brigade of Guards brooch.
The crowd in the Mall is quite huge! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many people there, wow. Impressive. What always impresses me is how controlled the crowds are, the police do a very good job.

There are so many people there, wow. Impressive. What always impresses me is how controlled the crowds are, the police do a very good job.
Trooping the Colour is always a spectacular event, but I didn't expect crowds this big. The Jubilee spirit is still well and alive!
Love the old footage; I've seen a lot of pictures but never videos of the old Trooping the Colour ceremonies (1953 and 1977).

Can't wait for the fly past, especially Voyager's appearance!

The Queen and Prince Philip on the balcony!
The Wales Family, the Yorks too. The Earl and Countess of Wessex, Lady Louise (who is in starring position right now, in the centre), and others.

The Queen and Prince Philip on the balcony!
The Wales Family, the Yorks too. The Earl and Countess of Wessex, Lady Louise (who is in starring position right now, in the centre), and others.
Yes!!!! That's a very cute moment when Lady Louise suddenly went in between the Queen & Prince Philip :ROFLMAO:Also very nice to see the Countess of Wessex and the Duchess of Cornwall made some jokes.

Last edited:
Louise taking centre stage, adorable.

Yes!!!! That's a very cute moment when Lady Louise suddenly went in between the Queen & Prince Philip :ROFLMAO:Also very nice to see the Countess of Wessex and the Duchess of Cornwall made some jokes.
How cute is she? And little James was there too! Hadn't noticed him until everyone left. :)

Yes! He's so tiny you couldn't really see him until most grown ups left the balcony - and he was still there (and by the looks of it, didn't want to leave at all). :)

Indeed. His Majesty is on official working visit to London right now.

I don't think that was James, because if he was there he would stay next to his mother or father. I think it's someone of Kent's or Gloucester's kids :)

Looks like there's a bit of rain falling,I'm glad that it didn't spoil the earlier parts of Trooping the Colour.

The little boy on the balcony we seen at the end was lord Nicholas Windsor son lady Nicholas was the blonde lady you could see leading him inside. On another note so glad Ella Windsor was there today I was starting to think she hard
vanished off the face of the earth.

I don't think that was James, because if he was there he would stay next to his mother or father. I think it's someone of Kent's or Gloucester's kids :)
Lady Louise didn't want to stand with her parents either. ;)
You are right though; it wasn't James - it was the young Lord Nicholas Windsor (thanks to angela for identifying him!).

I think you may be right. This little tyke had a lot of blonde hair. James has darker hair.

Plus if James was taking his time leaving the balcony, Edward or Sophie would have retrieved him, not leave one of the cousins to do it.

Camilla, Kate and Harry were giggling almost the whole time they were in the carriage together. They're a bit of a dynamic trio.

The little bits of Catherine bending down to talk to Louise were lovely, as was the bit at thr end when Louise was waving and Edward looked at her and laughed.

Picture of the Royal Family on the balcony.
And extended Royal Family.

Well, this was certainly not a scaled down appearance. :)

Havnt managed to identify all on the balcony yet so far ive got - Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, Lady Frederick Windsor, Lady Ella Windsor, Duke and Duchess of Kent, Lady Helen Taylor with Eloise and Estella, Earl and Countess of St Andrews and one of their daughters Lady ? Windsor, Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor and their son Albert, George Gilman, Gary Lewis, the Countess of Ulster, Princess Alexandra, Ear and Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise, Duke of York and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Royal and Tim Lawrence, Prince Harry, Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh.

Havnt seen pictures yet that show the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester but assuem they were there - also wondering about the Earl of Ulster and Lady Rose Gilman. Any sign of Linleys or Chattos?? Any others that i have forgotten from the picture??

Havnt seen pictures yet that show the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester but assuem they were there - also wondering about the Earl of Ulster and Lady Rose Gilman. Any sign of Linleys or Chattos?? Any others that i have forgotten from the picture??

Lady Sarah's mother in law just passed away, so I would expect they are with her inlaws.

I wonder why Zara and Peter do not attend anymore, bit disappointing really. Thanks for pointing everyone out, PrincessofEurope (sorry I am unsure of your name, forgive me.) Little Albert was too cute, especially the images of Beatrice pointing things out to him - image

Cute images of Louise and Catherine:

Catherine and Louise, Catherine and Louise and Catherine and Louise.

Catherine and Philip (Louise does that gesture with her hands a lot when looking at this, it must help her sight.)

Last edited:
extended Royal Family.

Well, this was certainly not a scaled down appearance. :)

For good reason, I think. Watching Philip I think its very close and the family know it. I am not a sentimental person and I do not cry easily - certainly not for strangers - but I have to admit that there is a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye as I watched Philip doing his 'duty' - most certainly out of love for his wife and his family - and his country. An era is coming to a close.

For good reason, I think. Watching Philip I think its very close and the family know it. I am not a sentimental person and I do not cry easily - certainly not for strangers - but I have to admit that there is a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye as I watched Philip doing his 'duty' - most certainly out of love for his wife and his family - and his country. An era is coming to a close.

I am dreading the day they announce the death of Prince Philip. It certainly will be the end of an era. What is worse is I think when Philip dies, the Queen may not be long to follow. I do not mean that in a horrible way, I simply mean that it is quite common for couples who have been together as long as they have to follow one another. It's sad, but quite often true.

Thanks for more images, the image of HM, Philip, Louise and Catherine is cute, specifically Louise's big grin.

I am dreading the day they announce the death of Prince Philip. It certainly will be the end of an era. What is worse is I think when Philip dies, the Queen may not be long to follow. I do not mean that in a horrible way, I simply mean that it is quite common for couples who have been together as long as they have to follow one another. It's sad, but quite often true.

Thanks for more images, the image of HM, Philip, Louise and Catherine is cute, specifically Louise's big grin.

My sentiments exactly. It will be a very sad day and the end of an era. I really can't imagine the Queen without Prince Philip. He's been by her side for nearly 65 years.

6 months ago I would have said I thought it highly likely Prince Philip would live to be 100--and an active 100 at that. But, he didn't look well today. That infection really seemed to hit him hard. That he's been so active to this point is really remarkable though.

When I read the write up on this event, they noted he seemed in high spirits and alert (which he did), but they seemed to be carefully avoiding saying whether he seemed to have recovered or not. Actually, I thought he looked better when he left the hospital.

There were some lovely family pics though, and it looked like everyone had a good time and were enjoying each other's company.

Last edited:
I can't bear the thought of HM without Prince Philip. It's was lovely to see him at Trooping, but he's still recovering and he really didn't look well. His doctors and nurses would have instructed him to take it easy for the next little while - and he should listen to them!! At his age it takes time more time to recover.

Little Louise up front between Grandpa and Kate - Loving every moment. I can't but help she is thinking " Eat your heart out, Princess Michael. " :D

Back
Top Bottom