Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you all for posting. How wonderful to see almost the ENTIRE Royal Family..immediate and cousins on the balcony.

Question: If the Queen asks her first cousins too and their families...why is the Earl of Harewood branch always ignored? You NEVER see at least the Earl and his current wife...

Thats what I'd like to know too! His mother was King Georges daughter and well respected...

So, heres a video about the flypast in the end of it. You can see the family and IMO Princess M don't pushes in the middle. But I don't want to start that discussion again :flowers:

YouTube - Trooping The Colour 2009 (12 of 12)

Is there any live video from this version of trooping the colour 2003?
I searched a lot but couldnt find it. Also tried the BBC (a year ago) but They didnt answered yet .

I am going to be in London at the time of this years Trooping and thought it might be nice to go down too the Mall and stand and watch the procession go past and then wait for the flyover - have any of the other members stood on the Mall and watched the procession maybe you could offer some tips
is the veiw from the Mall worth the wait and crowds???
what time would be best to go down for to get at the front of the barriers? advice from the Palace is to start assembling from 9am but i thought this was quite late to get the best vantage point?
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!!

I had a ticket for the stands in 2008, and was waiting along the Mall beforehand at around 8:30, and people were just starting to arrive to stand along the route.

Last edited:
Who will Troop the Color this year anway what Regiment

:crown5:

Trooping the Colour

° ° °

Last edited:
Fainting of the guard | Mail Online

It was the perfect day for basking on the beach or in a park.

But yesterday clearly wasn’t ideal for standing perfectly still while wearing a 2lb bearskin hat – as this unfortunate Scots Guardsman found when he fainted at a final rehearsal for next weekend’s Trooping The Colour.

Even Prince Philip was looking a touch hot and bothered as temperatures in London hit 80F (27C).

The guards who are trooping the colour, were on a tour of duty just 8 weeks ago.
BBC are now broadcasting the ceremony live on BBC1.

First Carraige = Prince William and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. (Harry is on leave)
Second Carriage = Duke of York, Eugenie (Red&White, England Colours) and Beatrice (Blue).
Third Carriage = Queen Elizabeth (in lilac, with a lilac hat with green, pink and red bow) and The Duke of Edinburgh.

Prince Of Wales, Duke of Kent and The Princess Royal riding behind the Queen.
I am surprised Charles is riding with a chest infection.

The Duchess of Cornwall looks lovely, IMO. One of my favorite outfits of last years Royal Ascot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh she does indeed. It is such a beautiful ceremony to watch.
I'm glad that a royal has decided to wear england colours today.

As I said before I am surprised that Charles rode because of his chest infection, the sun is shining and the uniform he is wearing is very heavy, which must make breathing difficult.

They are now on their way back to the palace. I loved the Queen's outfit! Can't believe the BBC are going to stop broadcasting before the balcony appearance and fly past

They are now on their way back to the palace. I loved the Queen's outfit! Can't believe the BBC are going to stop broadcasting before the balcony appearance and fly past

If you have freeview or sky you can press the red button and watch the balcony appearance and the fly past. That is what I am doing.
They have to stop for the news and then presumably the football.

Not many royals on the balcony, quite a big gap on the left hand side.
BBC News - Queen marks birthday at Trooping the Colour parade

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching it on the red button now Lumutqueen! No royals now on the balcony

Royals are on the balcony now, watching what seems like 20 planes fly past.
Princess Michael is stood behind the Queen again.
Sophie and Edward have made an appearance, as has Princess Alexandra and Prince Michael of Kent. That is all I can see at the moment as they are focusing on the Queens close up.

Princess Beatrice's outfit looks like something an old woman would wear and the colours are so heavy and not summery at all. I also wish she would do something with her hair. Eugenie is wearing the ubiquitous white jacket with IMO a cheap looking red dress, her hair too very unkept looking with a big red plate hat stuck to the front. When will they ever learn how to dress?

The DOK has actually attended TTC the last few years but she's normally right at the end and it's not always been easy to see her. I watched the coverage on BBC i-player and from left to right I spotted Lord and Lady Nicholas, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester without any of their children and onwards from there we can see Eugenie and the rest from the balcony pics. Princess Alexandra is standing beside Princess M just behind Prince Philip and she was wearing a green coat and white hat but I don't suppose anyone is going to criticise her for standing in the middle even though she's not a member of the immediate family.

Typical of MC!!

It makes me laugh every year, maybe we are being to harsh and its just a coincedence that every year pretty much Princess Michael happens to be standing as close to the Queen as possible. I mean it can't have anything to do with knowing that she'll make it into the papers that way. :whistling:

Outwith today and last year you have to go back years, I actually think the early 1990's, before you will find a pic of Princess M in the middle of the balcony at this event.

The Queen does not seem annoyed by Princess Michaels nearness.... Perhaps she even likes it? If not so she surely would have a word with her.

I always failed to see what is special about the Duchess of Kent. Same goes for Helen Taylor. I would have preferred seeing Lady Gabriella. Will Frederick and Sophie attend Ascot?

I agree about the DOK. No harm to her but I don't find her interesting at all, or her daughter. Lady Gabriella has been touring South America for the past 18 months and that's why she missed it this year and last which is a pity as I would rather have seen her above anyone else as she is very stylish.

The Duchess of Kent was, back in her heyday (being when she was actively involved on a regular basis) a most splendid sight to behold. She was really something imo; every inch the royal Duchess when on display.

I tend to find Gabriella a damn bore...lol. No loss there imo.

Duchess of Cornwall is looking lovely, one of my favourite hats on her and one of my all time favourite chokers ever! I thought the york girls looked nice, it was lovely seeing all the younger generations. Who are the handsome young boy and girl on the right of the balcony?

I wish I had seen the Duchess of Kent in her heyday. She just oozes femininity to me and she had a great set of jewels.

Happy to see Katherine Duchess of Kent, not surprised to see Princess Michael again in the highlight between the Queen and her husband, admiring Duchess Camilla sitting next to Prince William, smiling to see the young Yorks princesses with blankets..

Back
Top Bottom