The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Why do William and Harry were uniform to this event? The only Royal men who ever wear uniform are those riding in the parade.
No,as they are both in the military at present,they have to wear their uniforms on official occasions like the one today.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

When is Camilla ever going to wear that brids nest/hedge explosion thing again - a total waste of money imo you dont see the Queen splashing out on her Trooping the Colour outfits the one she wore today is quite a few years old, the Duchess Of Glouchester is also wearing an old outfit and even Sophie could wear her hat at an engagement but Camilla looks plain ridicolous. Did the Queen Mother ever wore stupid hats, did Princess Margaret, did Princess Diana (im starting the usual comparsion between Diana Camilla here im just trying to find an example to highlight my point) all other major royal ladies when attending the birthday pararde wore a simple hat befitting the occassion

Old 06-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

When Prince Michael was a serving officer in the 1970's he wore morning dress to TTC as did Prince Andrew when he was a serving naval officer in the 80's it was only ever the Royal Colonels who wore military attire so I don't inderstand why William and Harry are wearing theirs.

P.S. I was hoping to see Lady Louise today. I wonder if she will ever come to TTC.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

Talking

Quote:
When is Camilla ever going to wear that brids nest/hedge explosion thing again - a total waste of money imo you dont see the Queen splashing out on her Trooping the Colour outfits the one she wore today is quite a few years old, the Duchess Of Glouchester is also wearing an old outfit and even Sophie could wear her hat at an engagement but Camilla looks plain ridicolous. Did the Queen Mother ever wore stupid hats, did Princess Margaret, did Princess Diana (im starting the usual comparsion between Diana Camilla here im just trying to find an example to highlight my point) all other major royal ladies when attending the birthday pararde wore a simple hat befitting the occassion
WOW my dear it's just a hat ...Obviously you don't like ....but make such a tralala about it

Speaking of "stupid hats", i' m sure to find some tasteful feathered mastepieces from the Queen Mother and Pcess Marge back to the glorious 70's and 80's, and even during trooping the colours....
Old 06-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

I LOVE THESE EVENTS. thanks for the links
my first thought of the balcony photo is to paraphase a line from jaws "we're gonna need a bigger balcony"

how exciting for amber, i'm excited just seeing the photos. i love pomp, horses and uniforms and no one does it better than the UK.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

they may need to remodel I Loved seeing William and Henry it appears William is a full Lieutenant
Old 06-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Wow you really don't like her hat do you? I'm sure she will wear it again, she seems to like this type of hat so it shouldn't be a problem for her to wear it at another hat occasion.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
When Prince Michael was a serving officer in the 1970's he wore morning dress to TTC as did Prince Andrew when he was a serving naval officer in the 80's it was only ever the Royal Colonels who wore military attire so I don't inderstand why William and Harry are wearing theirs.
Perhaps it's because William and Harry are both in the Household Division?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Regina View Post
Where was the Prince of Wales during the parade, I only saw him on the balcony?
On horseback to the right of the Queen while she was on the dais and just behind her while she was in the carriage.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Commoner

Wern't the Yorks there?? I thought they would be!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love Camilla's headpieces - they are not hats anymore than tiaras are hats. They are accessories and she looks lovely. I love the way they contribute to the total look of her. They are whimsical in a classic way and fits her personal style perfectly. Camilla has her very own style and carries it of splendidly.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

My personal favourites are Princess Michael, who looked great a-la Mrs. Jackie Kennedy, and Countess of Wessex. It was refreshing to see that Countess wore something besides her favourite satellite-type or asymmetrical hats. I liked Duchess' of Cornwall light-coloured outfit, but the "bushy" hat is all right. She can not take risk of wearing some avant-garde piece of clothes... So let her play with hats.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 06-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Abaca Press
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Old 06-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

Lady Louise

Come on now!!! Still no Lady Louise. I loved the duchess hat, Sophie looked great also Autumn.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Michael's ensemble was so knock out elegant that I really don't think that any further comment on it is necessary. The Duchess of Gloucester was also soooo elegant as well.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Princess Michael looks elegant but i would prefer a stronger colour rather than what appears to be white as it would stand out more against the stone of the palace
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected nice picture of Autumn and Sophie who are both very elegant un their outfits
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Lady Davina Lewis and Gary

Old 06-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

some more
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected sophie and the duchess of gloucester deep in conservation - she really is looking so young and very elegant for her age
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected great aerial view
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected a close up of the explosion on Camilla's head
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected picture showing that her coat is too small on her as its pulling (actually looking at the pale green colour which is a very nice shade it reminds me of the outfit she wore to her daughter's wedding it could even be the same coat??)
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected on closer inspection Sophie's hat doesnt quite match her outfit
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected close up of Autumn and Camilla

Old 06-14-2008, 03:50 PM

There was some other royals at balcony today, but I did not see, who they were (too small pictures..). There were duke of Kent, but who was next to him? it could not possibly be the duchess of Kent...?
Old 06-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

found some picture of Laura Parker Bowles' wedding and i think that Camilla is rerycling the outfit any ideas - the bag, brooch are the same that were used today just wish she'd kept to the original hat

And today

Old 06-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

from what i could see in the pictures the Duchess of Kent was with her husband and daught Lady Helen as well as the Earl and Countess of St Andrews and some of their children

Old 06-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I do wish Camilla would give those damn "geese" a rest for a while...

She has some gorgeous hats that I'd much rather see her wearing.
What? You don't like this hat? Personally there aren't enough feathers and flowers... more is needed if you ask me.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour