Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Queen : Classic, usual, nothing special.

The Duchess of Cornwall : Wow. I loved the headgear, it was dramatic but elegant and totally her. It's so Queen Mother it's adorable.

Countess of Wessex : A real hat and not a satellite dish. Well done Sophie!

Princess Anne : Butch

William : Needs a sash that fits.

I can't believe that Princess Michael and the Duchess of Gloucester are older than Camilla. Her face is much more lined than theirs (probably a legacy of her heavy smoking over the years) but her hairstyle also really ages her.

So true, angela.

I'd love to see Camilla with a new hairstyle but I truly doubt it. It's safe and has become her trademark 'do'.

William : Needs a sash that fits.

His wearing a sash that fits. His father and grandfather bunch theirs up underneath their waist bands.

Last edited:
It's quite funny reading through the posts, for and against the outfits the different royals are wearing, how we all seem to think we know what suits a person or not. To some HM looked drab, others fabulous etc. Just goes to show we all have different taste.

So true, angela.

I'd love to see Camilla with a new hairstyle but I truly doubt it. It's safe and has become her trademark 'do'.

His wearing a sash that fits. His father and grandfather bunch theirs up underneath their waist bands.

Well couldn't he have worn some kind of belt? It just looked awful.

I think he wore it well. The way it was meant to be worn (from left shoulder to right hip). I've seen photo's of Philip wearing his without a waist band and it looked perfectly fine, also.

Actually Reminded we somewhat of how the Belgian royals wear their orders, which I quite like.

As his military uniform required not a waist band, I guess the answer to your question would be no, sweetpea...:flowers:

Last edited:
I saw it on TV and I was impressed, as every year, as this event is the personified Britishness. I have deep respect and admiration for HM's and the Duke of Edinburgh's attitude towards duty and service to their country, keeping in mind their age, especially the Duke, most of his contemporaries are either in care homes or already dead, performing not only this traditional event with an iron sense of duty, carrying this heavy bearskin cap etc ... I can't even begin to imagine how it will feel when one of them or both are gone. This will be very sad day for Britain. But back to yesterday: Great to see HM tapping her feet during the parade - it certainly meant that she was most happy! Camilla's hair creation was too much for me but apart from that, great great entertainment. I loved it.

I liked the hat. It looked much better face on e.g. the balcony than it did from the side.Also, maybe some of the other royal ladies look less lined thanks to BOTOX.

It's not because you look younger that you've been using botox. Wrinkles and lines appear differently from one person to another and who can say which women are users of botox or not.

All Royals looked great. A more smiling Queen would have been better, though.

But there's no doubt Princess Michael has used botox.

Well, for her age, that would be amazing to have baby skin as she seems to have. I would have thought lifting more than botox but whatever.

Didn't she give an interview where she said she'd used it? One things for sure, Brenda's never turned to the bo.

Great photos. Pity the York girls weren't there to grace the balcony. Sophie and Autumn's hats were lovely and, needless to say, the Wales men all looked great in uniform. Now that I am used to Anne in uniform, I have to admit she looked great on horseback.

Once again the BRF have turned on a "right royal" show. Loved Camilla's Whimsy (its too big to be a "fascinator" :D).

Did anyone else notice that Camilla and Charles look like they are holding hands on the balcony? (pic 5) :wub: I wish I knew how to keep the photo!

Did anyone else notice that Camilla and Charles look like they are holding hands on the balcony? (pic 5) :wub: I wish I knew how to keep the photo!
No, I've seen that photo Charles is leaning on the pillar of the palace, and Camilla has her hands by her side. But if you want to keep the picture on the computer you should right click then press "Save Picture As", if your computer works like that.

I would think that the young lady is either Lady Marina-Charlotte or Lady Amelia, daughters of the Earl and Countess of St. Andrews, son of the Duke of Kent. I am guessing Lady Amelia as she is younger and shorter than the her sister, who is standing next to the Countess of St. Andrews.

Does anyone believe Peter and Autumn Phillips may have been snubbed by the Queen at her Birthday Parade. There were only three carriages in the procession, including the Queen's and usually there are more. The York princesses always travel in the carriages when they attend. Zara hasn't attended in years, but I think one more carriage for Peter, Autumn, and Tim wouldn't have been inappropriate, seeing as we have to put up with looking at a load of extra hangers-on on the balcony who are not an actual part of the royal family. Was this the Queen's way of showing her royal dissapproval at recent events?

LOVE LOVE LOVE Sophie's outfit the hat and the longer hair suits her. Thought Kate looked just so pretty and I would suggest Camilla hasn't helped herself with smoking though she has given up if you believe the tabloids. It is really aging. I loved Autumn's look and the really sraight hair. Thanks for all the posts.

Does anyone believe Peter and Autumn Phillips may have been snubbed by the Queen at her Birthday Parade. There were only three carriages in the procession, including the Queen's and usually there are more. The York princesses always travel in the carriages when they attend. Zara hasn't attended in years, but I think one more carriage for Peter, Autumn, and Tim wouldn't have been inappropriate, seeing as we have to put up with looking at a load of extra hangers-on on the balcony who are not an actual part of the royal family. Was this the Queen's way of showing her royal dissapproval at recent events?

Not at all. The events of the day were absolutely as expected. There are normally only one or two carriages at the Troop - not getting confused with the Ascot carriage ride are you, where there are sometimes four or five? It would be very odd to have Peter & Autumn in a carriage when Anne's children have never joined the Troop carriage ride before.

The people on the balcony are normally "the rest" of the royal family - cousins etc. - and drive to & from the parade ground by limousine, but you don't see that on TV.

No, I've seen that photo Charles is leaning on the pillar of the palace, and Camilla has her hands by her side.
I have looked again, but I still think his lower arm and hand are sort of sticking out toward Camilla, who appears to be standing right beside him rather than slightly in front. :winkiss:
blodie said:
But if you want to keep the picture on the computer you should right click then press "Save Picture As", if your computer works like that.
Many thanks, have done just that. :flowers:

I'm not sure if this bit of information has been posted or not, but someone has uploaded the entire Trooping the Colour 2008 on You Tube.

Click the link below which will display the entire day via video from the BBC.

YouTube - ghbg00107's Channel

Really wonderful to see the two towering Princes William and Harry of Wales. So handsome and impressive in their army uniforms and William with the Garter sash too!

The Royal ladies all looked wonderful. I wish they would stop referring to the Duchess of Cornwall as Camilla Parker-Bowles and the Countess of Wessex as Sophie Rhys-Jones in those sites that post pictures of these events. They are Windsors by marriage. But they should just stick to referring to them by their Royal titles like we do to the Duchess of Gloucester, Duchess of Kent and Princess Michael of Kent. Most of us do not even know what their own real names are.

Scotty, that photo of the 2007 Trooping is definitely not Eloise Taylor.

Eloise is only 5 years old. The girl in that photo is most likey the daughter of the Earl of St Andrews.

I'd say the photo agency got it wrong.

The little girl at the 2008 Trooping is Eloise, Estella is probably just a little too young at 3 years old. Hopefully next year we will see the entire Taylor family on the balcony.

:)

The caption of the pic in Scotty's link says 17 June 2006.

Sorry Scotty and Warren, my mistake. Lady Helen wore similar outfits to 2006 and 2007 and I got mixed up.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom