The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

IOWABELLE, the girl you refer to is Lady Marina-Charlotte Windsor the eldest grandaughter of the Duke of Kent. She is 14 years old and her parents are the Earl and Countess of St. Andrews.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Gentry

Is there any significance to the red band that Eugenie is wearing on her left wrist?

Just curious

Old 06-17-2007, 03:09 AM
Administrator

Jostling for position

Some of the balcony shots can be quite deceptive.
It became quite crowded at one stage when the extended Royal Family was assembled: Shoulder room only
There are well over 30 people in this pic.

Is there a courtier who is given the job of devising the Balcony Standing Plan?
Old 06-17-2007, 07:26 AM

I see the Gloucesters in Warren's pick finally, and it looks everyone from the Kent side was there. I didn't see the Countess of Wessex.
I did not notice Viscountess Linley anywhere.
Obviously Prince Edward and Prince Harry are abroad but it looks like the whole bunch save for one or two was there. It would be nice if the Countess of Wessex was there, and even nicer if she would bring her little one!
Here is another full balcony pic from Rex:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ex/671300C.jpg
I don't see Lady Davina Lewis or Lady Rose or the Ulsters but again it looks like the whole pack from the Kent side was there, which is nice.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Most wondrful pictures everyone!
I missed seeing the whole family on the Balcony, wish there were more accasions for that.
Some more pictures:

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip in the carriage 1
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip in the carriage 2
Prince William and Camilla in the carriage
Prince William and Camilla in the carriage

Princess Royal
The Queen in the carriage
Princess Eugenie in the carriage
The Duchess of Cornwall in the carriage

On the Baclony 1
On the Balcony 2
On the Balcony 3
On the Balcony 4
On the Balcony 5
On the Balcony 6
On the Balcony 7
On the Balcony 8

Prince William and Princess Beatrice on the Balcony
The Queen, Prince Philip & Princess Anne on the Balcony

Horse Guards mark Queen Elizabeth's unofficial birthday
The cannons fire to mark Queen Elizabeth's unofficial birthday
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Nobility

I think that Eugenie will become even prettier as she gets older.She has good bones so to speak.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you, everyone, for all the great photos. I think the whole family looked fabulous. Ps. Eugenie is so pretty when she smiles. The Princess Royal never seems to age. Do her children every attend? It seems they haven't been there since they were very small.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pictures,Avalon! Thanks to all picture posters!

I agree, Eugenie is so pretty! Beatrice is also pretty.I thought everyone looked great!
I see that the Duke of York chose not to wear his Naval uniform...I wonder why not?
Old 06-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle View Post
Thanks for the pictures,Avalon! Thanks to all picture posters!

I agree, Eugenie is so pretty! Beatrice is also pretty.I thought everyone looked great!
I see that the Duke of York chose not to wear his Naval uniform...I wonder why not?

You are most welcome misselle!

Prince Andrew was in full uniform today, during the commemorations to mark the 25th anniversary of the liberation of the Falkland Islands.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Courtier

Nice photos and what a beautiful ceremony.
I hope next year I can watch this event live on BBC.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Royal Highness

I watched Trooping the Colour ( like every year) on TV, i think it is the BBC boadcast ( with german comments). But when the two carriges with members of the Royal Family arrived at Horseguards Parade the BBC didnīt sent a pic of the Royals but showed for half a minute Tony Blair and his wife sitting in the audience....
So i couldnīt see a pic of Prince William and Camilla live in the carrige live...

But now i could enjoy all the nice photos you posted! Thankīs a lot to all of you!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Courtier

It is so rare to see Eugenie so upfront, she always ives me the impression she is umcomfortable with cameras around her unlike her sister. I loved seein her in the middle of the balcony. I hope this girl will blossom and give us a surprise. I used to like Beatrice a lot, but now I think she is a mini me of her mother, who is not my favorite person
Old 06-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
I watched Trooping the Colour ( like every year) on TV, i think it is the BBC boadcast ( with german comments). But when the two carriges with members of the Royal Family arrived at Horseguards Parade the BBC didnīt sent a pic of the Royals but showed for half a minute Tony Blair and his wife sitting in the audience....
So i couldnīt see a pic of Prince William and Camilla live in the carrige live...

But now i could enjoy all the nice photos you posted! Thankīs a lot to all of you!
Trooping the Colour, celebrating Quen Elizabeth's Birthday. Horse Guards - Buckingham Palace, 16 th June 2007

Courtesy RoyalPress Europe/Albert Nieboer.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
It is so rare to see Eugenie so upfront, she always ives me the impression she is umcomfortable with cameras around her unlike her sister. I loved seein her in the middle of the balcony. I hope this girl will blossom and give us a surprise. I used to like Beatrice a lot, but now I think she is a mini me of her mother, who is not my favorite person
HRH the Princess Eugenie is indeed the wonderful surprise of the party! She really seems to have stepped out of her shell on this occassion and I hope, like you, that she will continue to bloom and blossom.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

I think Eugenie's red band looks like a Kabbalah wristband.

Was Lady Linley at Trooping the Colour?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post

In the other years the show mostly all the carriages leaving Buckingham Palace not only the one with the Queen. And why can the not show the carriage-procession and have to blend in something other. What i miss to is that they never show the Windwos of the Horse Guards Building where the other mebers of the Family are staning.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-19-2007, 05:32 AM
Royal Highness

You could have knocked me over with a toothpick when I saw Prince William and the Duchess in the same carriage!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:11 AM

Why? It's happened several times before.

Quote:
I think Eugenie's red band looks like a Kabbalah wristband.
It is indeed a Kabbalah band. Are we seeing a conversion to Judaism in the Royal Family or is a young lady making a fool of herself?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Why? It's happened several times before.

It is indeed a Kabbalah band. Are we seeing a conversion to Judaism in the Royal Family or is a young lady making a fool of herself?
What she is wearing is far too thick to be a kabbalah red string (which by definition is made of a single string). It looks more like a Buddhist protective 'charm' (one of my former roommate was a Buddhist and wore it that way), but she is wearing it in the wrong wrist so I'll just go for the most obvious explanation: it's just a piece of funky jewelry.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

I think it is simply a fashion piece. I very much doubt it means anything :)

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour