Soldier faints during Trooping the Colour parade

Old 06-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Earl of Ulster and Lady Rose can be seen in this picture;
Photo from Getty Images

Who are the people behind lord and lady nicholas? The queen looked radiant btw!

Old 06-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

Who are the people behind lord and lady nicholas? The queen looked radiant btw!
Directly behind are The Earl and Countess of Ulster, behind them are Lady Rose Gilman's husband. Behind Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor on the right is Zenouska Mowatt.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Courtier

is this lady Rose? I think this is lady Gabriella

Old 06-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes that is Gabriella next to Prince Michael, Rose is behind Lord Ulster.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

She's a lovely young lady and kudos to her for wearing a beautiful, stylish broad-brimmed hat that can actually be called a hat!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Yes that is Gabriella next to Prince Michael, Rose is behind Lord Ulster.
Nobody was behind lord Ulster.
http://royalhats.files.wordpress.com...g-kents-31.jpg
Old 06-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Photo from Getty Images

OK if you are going to be that literal, Mr Gilman is behind Lady Ulster (standing next to Lord Ulster), Lady Rose Gilman is behind Lady Nicholas Windsor and next to Lady Gabriella Windsor.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Photo from Getty Images

OK if you are going to be that literal, Mr Gilman is behind Lady Ulster (standing next to Lord Ulster), Lady Rose Gilman is behind Lady Nicholas Windsor and next to Lady Gabriella Windsor.
Actually stood next to Mr Gilman is Zenouska Mowatt. My original comment was incorrect when I wrote Lady Gilman.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:27 AM
Courtier

Can anyone post a video/link to the scene when they are all coming out on the Balcony.. I was curious whether it was routine style (Queen, with no DoE, coming first and others a few minutes later)..or Jubilee style (All coming together at the same time..)..
Old 06-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

full flightpass>
Old 06-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Majesty

Picture:
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry in car going or leaving during the Trooping of the Colour-
House of Cambridge

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
It was nice to see Prince and Princess Michael and Lady Gabriela, who always displays an impeccable taste in fashion, attending the event.
Prince William and Prince Edward looked awkward in uniforms.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Did anyone watch the coverage on BBC? While the crowds were walking down they showed a nice little piece put together about royal babies. They showed the queens children, grandchildren and then moved onto the great grandchildren from Peter Phillips. They showed Peter and Autumn first with Savannah out looking at the horses then a still black and white image of them with one of their daughters christening. I couldn't tell if it was Isla or Savannah. What did everyone think?
Does anyone know if there's a link to this coverage, so we can watch this piece? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosou View Post

Does anyone know if there's a link to this coverage, so we can watch this piece? Thanks in advance!
There's a link directly above your post to the YouTube video.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:34 PM

Ok some help would be great here. I have been successful in the ballot for tickets for the Stands at TTC this year. I attended about 8 years ago and from memory I just put on my lounge suit. The ticket says morning dress or lounge suit or jacket and trousers. So what do we think? I have a morning coat so it wouldn't cost me any more to put it on, but I don't want to turn up like I should be in a carriage on the parade ground when others aren't dressed up. Any advice would be good if you have been in the last few years or just keen to chip in!

Also my aunt is going as my guest. Again how formal do we reckon - hat and gloves? Or is that a step too far?

Thanks for your help in advance. 😄

God Save The Queen!

Old 05-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
Ok some help would be great here. I have been successful in the ballot for tickets for the Stands at TTC this year. I attended about 8 years ago and from memory I just put on my lounge suit. The ticket says morning dress or lounge suit or jacket and trousers. So what do we think? I have a morning coat so it wouldn't cost me any more to put it on, but I don't want to turn up like I should be in a carriage on the parade ground when others aren't dressed up. Any advice would be good if you have been in the last few years or just keen to chip in!

Also my aunt is going as my guest. Again how formal do we reckon - hat and gloves? Or is that a step too far?

It sounds like you have a most wonderful day ahead of you. I have never been to an event such as this and would dearly love to go. I'm going to chip in with what I'd do and, trust me, it is not based on any kind of wisdom or experience in this matter at all.

First off, you are taking your aunt with you. That in itself makes this a special occasion in itself. I'd take the opportunity and do this outing up to the nines. Dress to the hilt! Take your aunt to high tea afterwards. This is the sort of day that memories are made of.

I hope the both of you have a splendid time.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Perhaps look at a few clips on YouTube to see what others in the stands are wearing, but most important of all be prepared for a shower & a windy day! Your aunt doesn't want to be bothered by a hat that could blow away :) Hope you have a memorable day.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Thanks for your help in advance. ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It sounds like you have a most wonderful day ahead of you. I have never been to an event such as this and would dearly love to go. I'm going to chip in with what I'd do and, trust me, it is not based on any kind of wisdom or experience in this matter at all.

First off, you are taking your aunt with you. That in itself makes this a special occasion in itself. I'd take the opportunity and do this outing up to the nines. Dress to the hilt! Take your aunt to high tea afterwards. This is the sort of day that memories are made of.

I hope the both of you have a splendid time.
I agree with Osipi, this is the stuff that memories are made of. Dress well, morning suit or lounge suit, whatever is convenient, hat and gloves for the aunt. To me, it almost does not matter what others are wearing, its what you make of the occasion.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour