Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: I'm with the random sneeze. :D

As to all the info about her being allergic to horses, well that may very well be true. But not in the way it has been understood.

A woman of Catherine's background would have had ample time and money to learn how to ride when she was school age. The fact that she is learning how to ride as a young woman gives it a whole new twist . . . not being a rider she may have felt uneasy or timid about horses and a laughing off-hand "I'm allergic to them" when asked to view or pat one at some time could easily have given rise to the "unconfirmed" allegy.

Why does Prince Harry ride in a carriage and not mounted? Duke of York also. Does this have to do with their military rank?

Thank you. I did a little more research and understand he is not one of the Colonels.

What is interesting is that not all people stay on the balcony when the Queen arrives.

In 2012 it looks like everyone stayed with the Queen, however in 2013 & 2014 about 10 people left. The more distant relatives appear to leave when Queen makes her appearance. The Taylors are there only pre-Queen.

Thanks for the additional photos!
Lady Garbriella is the most elegant woman in the British royal family. Lady Sarah Chatto looked lovely in her signature hat. Lady Helen's busy ensemble is quite disappointing.

I know Edward wears a uniform but is a uniform of a Royal Colonel? Does it mean he could ride behind if he was asked to? I doubt he ever would be asked, but I was just wondering what regiment his uniform belonged to.

I know Edward wears a uniform but is a uniform of a Royal Colonel? Does it mean he could ride behind if he was asked to? I doubt he ever would be asked, but I was just wondering what regiment his uniform belonged to.

It is the uniform of The London Regiment, and not of the Guards/HHC (regiments are Grenadiers, Irish, Scottish and Welsh Guards and the Blue and Royals.

Therefore not eligible for Trooping the Colour.

It is the uniform of The London Regiment, and not of the Guards/HHC (regiments are Grenadiers, Irish, Scottish and Welsh Guards and the Blue and Royals.

You left off the Coldstream Guards and the Life Guards. They don't have royal colonels so they are easy to forget at times.

Thanks Cepe. :)

Pictures taken by myself last saturday - quality very poor as taken with my phone

Attachments

• trooping 1.jpg
    trooping 1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 237
  • trooping 2.jpg
    trooping 2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 263
  • trooping 3.jpg
    trooping 3.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 249
  • trooping 4.jpg
    trooping 4.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 276
:previous: Thanks for sharing! I don't think your photos are of poor quality, I can see them well. :flowers: I wish I could've gone to Trooping the Colour this year. I wrote a letter asking if I could have a ticket, although I didn't get a reply. My grandmother worked at the Cabinet Office and when my mother was a child, she used to watch Trooping the Colour from the windows.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h
The Queen’s Official Birthday will be observed on Saturday 13th June next year, it is announced.

Martin @CourtierUK · 5h
The 1st Bn Welsh Guards will be trooping their colour on 13th June next year - chosen as next year is the Welsh Guards' 100th anniversary.

British Royals @britishroyals · 7h 7 hours ago
Trooping the Colour will take place on 11th of June next year in celebration of the Queen's 90th birthday! (Court Circular)

BritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 34m34 minutes ago
The Queen with representatives of @Householddiv Regiments and @KingsTroopRHA ahead of #TroopingTheColour tomorrow

Trooping the Colour 2015: BBC One- Saturday 10:30am- UK Time
Live from Horse Guards Parade in London, Huw Edwards introduces this world-renowned military parade where the Colour of 1st Battalion Welsh Guards is trooped to mark Her Majesty the Queen's official birthday. Celebrations include the famous balcony appearance and flypast at Buckingham Palace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05zr465

Outside of UK Viewers:
tvpc.com - BBC 1

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 2h2 hours ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will join other members of the royal family for Trooping The Colour tomorrow. It all kicks off at 10 a.m. #royal

Last edited:
Reporters on Twitter saying Prince George is likely to make an appearance tomorrow. The weather forecast is for wet and windy so its not the best year. The decision will be made tomorrow morning depending on if George feels up to it. Toddlers will be toddlers.

Last edited:
Trooping the Colour 2015: On Now Live-
tvpc.com - BBC 1

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 48s48 seconds ago
RT @RegalEyes: Prince George watched from a window as Mum and Dad left for the Trooping

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful to see the Duchess of Cambridge! I wasn't sure she would attend!

Back
Top Bottom