Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shame that for some reason they've included Carole Middleton in the picture. They've also missed out Sophie and Anne.

Presumably that hat-maker didn't create hats for Sophie and Anne?

The pics are just a preview. More to come "in June." ;)

Still don't understand why even a preview would include Carole Middleton. The picture is of the trooping of colour, and event she will probably never attend.

Still don't understand why even a preview would include Carole Middleton. The picture is of the trooping of colour, and event she will probably never attend.

I thought it was for Ascot, although you are probably right as they are on the balcony.

No, Carole will never appear on the balcony for the Trooping of the Colour. She and Mike did attend in 2011 though.

Perhaps Lego tapped the Daily Fail for info, hence the error ?

Perhaps Lego tapped the Daily Fail for info, hence the error ?

It's the Queen, Duchess of Cornwall and Duchess of Cambridge on the balcony. Carole is shown below, on the ground, in the big reveal. She's wearing green and I can't figure out why she is Carole, quite frankly. It's in honor of Royal Ascot rather than Trooping the Color, so we have all been off topic.
see: https://twitter.com/RTMMillinery/status/476343726248579073/photo/1
and the press release at http://www.legoland.co.uk/PageFiles/3742/2014/Royal%20Ascot%20hats%20at%20the%20LEGOLAND%20Windsor%20Resort.pdf

Is this story really article worthy Hello magazine? Clearly....though they do point out that Edward and Sophie waited until both their children were 5 years old. I reckon George will be there for the flyover or at least the moment when they are all watching the Queen. Harry was seen when he was small and William was 2 years old. The Queen introduced Edward to the public at Trooping the Colour in 1964. I believe the crowd were cheering for her to show him and she obliged.

Last edited:
IMO, George is a little young to be attending Trooping the Colour this year, although maybe we'll get to see him on the balcony next year or the year after. Most royal children seem to make their first balcony appearance at two or three years old, with exception of Prince Edward.

It will be interesting to see who makes an appearance this year. I wonder if The Linleys and or Chattos will attend, since they both didn't attend last year, and The Linleys' last appearance on the balcony was in 2011.

I'll try and watch it although I have drama courses at a similar time to Trooping the Colour, but that would only make me miss the first half hour or so.

I'm watching it live on the BBC,the Queen in a pale blue outfit.

IMO, George is a little young to be attending Trooping the Colour this year, although maybe we'll get to see him on the balcony next year or the year after. Most royal children seem to make their first balcony appearance at two or three years old, with exception of Prince Edward.

It will be interesting to see who makes an appearance this year. I wonder if The Linleys and or Chattos will attend, since they both didn't attend last year, and The Linleys' last appearance on the balcony was in 2011.

I'll try and watch it although I have drama courses at a similar time to Trooping the Colour, but that would only make me miss the first half hour or so.

I hope the Linleys and Chattos are on the balcony. The balcony looked really empty last year.

In the first carriage was Camilla, Catherine and Harry. Second carriage had Andrew, Eugenie, Edward and Sophie and the third carriage carried Princess Alexandra and Duke of Kent.

I gotta give it to Charles & Anne for being able to sit on those damn horses for this entire thing. I'm only 26 and I don't know if I'd be able to do it.

I'm curious to know why Prince Harry isn't riding on horseback, alongside the other Princes, and the Princess Royal ?

I'm curious to know why Prince Harry isn't riding on horseback, alongside the other Princes, and the Princess Royal ?

He's not a colonel of any of the regiments of the Household Division like they are.

Harry does not ride because he is not Colonel in Chief of a Regiment. His Father, Brother, Aunt & Grandfather all hold that role for one of the Household regiments. The Duke of Kent also is a C in Ch. :flowers:

Normally the Duke of Kent rides but I am guessing he has finished doing this due to his age. He was in the carriage with Alexandra today and last year accompanied the Queen.

I feel if he was going to be seen he would have been brought out by now. I can't see them bringing him out for the flypast.

Louise or James don't appear to be there either. Eloise and Estella Taylor are there looking cute as ever.

I don't think they wanted him to be seen and brought out... as I expceted

I feel if he was going to be seen he would have been brought out by now. I can't see them bringing him out for the flypast.

Louise or James don't appear to be there either. Eloise and Estella Taylor are there looking cute as ever.

I definitely wouldn't bring out a 11-month old for a flyover, but then again, I wouldn't have taken a 1-year-old to a wedding.

The royal family are now gathered in the centre room for drinks and snacks before the flypast. We may or may not see Prince George when the royals come out on the balcony again.

Given the noise and crowds I wouldn't expect to see Prince George out on the balcony,but who knows he may make an appearance later.

Back
Top Bottom