The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
Talking about Edward's uniform.. what was it? how come he was wearing one? didn't he drop out of the army training?
He wore the uniform of the London Regiment. As their honorary Colonel, he can wear that uniform, along with any other uniform of which he has an honorary military appointment. :)

Old 06-13-2011, 03:38 AM
Serene Highness

Finally made it through all of the links and the thread and what an enjoyable read through it was too.

Only thing I haven't seen is William telling Louise to look up as the Red Arrows come in for the fly past. That would be too adorable for words. Any help given to point me in the direction of where I could see that would be greatly appreciated!! :o)

So happy to see Lady Louise at her first Trooping. She really is a lovely little girl and looked to be having a ball. That was such a surprise to hear about yesterday. All of the little ones looked to be having a wonderful time and that's one of my favourite parts of TtC. As it's the only time we really do see everyone on the Balcony these days.

Thanks to one and all for all the links!! :o)

Old 06-13-2011, 04:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Video - If you can watch that, scroll down to the bottom of the page and it's arond 3.08 of the video. You can see Lady Louise moving from side to side to see something and then William calls her name and points to the sky and she looks up and her face lights up.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall's jewelry was amazing at Trooping the Colour. Anyone recognize the necklace?
Yes, its a choker she has used many times. First public outing was at the wedding of Peter Phillips. Was used at Ascot last year as well, and during the trip to Canada c18 months ago.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Courtier

Just to add to the comment of Prince Andrew's lack of smile...It was something I thought about when I looked at pics of him at recent events, the Royal Wedding, Epsom Races, Trooping the Colour.... a very sad man.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
He wore the uniform of the London Regiment. As their honorary Colonel, he can wear that uniform, along with any other uniform of which he has an honorary military appointment. :)
Do these regiments have any input as to who'll be their honorary Colonel? Or do they just have to accept whoever the Queen picks?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
If you can watch that, scroll down to the bottom of the page and it's arond 3.08 of the video. You can see Lady Louise moving from side to side to see something and then William calls her name and points to the sky and she looks up and her face lights up.
Also on this video, if you watch Prince Andrew, he is laughing with Prince Charles and looking much brighter than usual
Old 06-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Can anyone identify for me what uniform Prince Edward is wearing?? Looks good!
I thought it was rather ugly, actually.
What is he wearing on his head?

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Per Twitter-
@orderofsplendor Prince Andrew has no army appointments, hence why no uniform. Edward on the other hand does, hence the uniform.
What does that mean? What are appointments?
Sorry for asking :)
Old 06-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

What he's wearing will be part of their uniform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Do these regiments have any input as to who'll be their honorary Colonel? Or do they just have to accept whoever the Queen picks?
From what i've heard they do, it's the same with patronages and charities I believe.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw...-ceremony.html

oops, hadn't read that she tripped yet would like to see it on video though
Old 06-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

I can't watch streaming video. Is it on You Tube anywhere?
Old 06-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
What does that mean? What are appointments?
Sorry for asking :)
Appointments refer to being given a role within a regiment, for example the Queen appointed Prince William as Colonel of the Irish Guards, this role is considered an appointment within the army as the role is ceremonial.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I can't watch streaming video. Is it on You Tube anywhere?
Try this one.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

nice video, too bad there's a gap inbetween them entering the balcony!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Good to see Katherine of Kent. She looks quite well.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

This video was nice. I did notice that what I thought was Catherine laughing was clearly her sneezing :)
Old 06-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for this video. It's so fun to see them all interacting with each other. Lady Louise and The Queen are having a little conversation. I also noticed Edward and Sophie having little jokes with each other as they could be seen making each other laugh. The children are so entranced with the performance!

Are there rules about who can go through the middle door of the balcony? Or does it not matter?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Courtier

A quick update: I went to the Queen's Cup; the weather was truly awful - I wore a nice little linen suit and fortunately took a mac and an umbrella but was still soaked. I will add a full report elsewhere because - unusally - the trophy was presented by Prince Harry, not the Queen. I can only assume that this was because the Queen [who almost always presents the trophy] was having a quiet afternoon off after a busy Saturday [Trooping the Colour] and a busy Sunday morning [Service to mark the Duke of Edinburgh's 90th birthday] what with the Garter Service today and 5 days of Royal Ascot to follow.

I had a great time though, even if I got soaked.
Alex
Old 06-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Video: Duke Of Cambridge Prince William Rides In Trooping The Colour As Colonel Of Irish Guards | UK News | Sky News
see second video on this page :) it's BEST - IMO
you can see much more scenes from balcony ,how Queen is talking with Louise all the time and how lovely of William to pointed to Louise were to watch to see the plains .
just amazing, but I can't find on YouTube :(
p.s. If some one see it this video on YouTube pls let me know, I want to download
Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
From what i've heard they do, it's the same with patronages and charities I believe.
Hmmm, I can't imagine a regiment willingly picking Edward, since he flunked out of his own military training. I know that if I served in a regiment, I'd want as honorary Colonel a member of the BRF who actually had walked the walk, not just talked the talk.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour