The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Commoner

I'd really like to see pictures of Pss Eugenie on the balcony - she seems to be hidden at the back. The Countess of Wessex looks lovely....

Old 06-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected love this picture - in the first window is the two Taylor girls, Margarita Armstrong Jones and Louise, then you have Kate in the main balcony at Horse Guards and then in the final window i think it is the eldest of the Earl of St Andrews' girls

Old 06-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Administrator

I love the scene of the Elosie, Estella, Margarita and Louise standing in one of the windows at the Palace.

It was a great day...lovely to see all the royals (major and minor). Wonder why Beatrice wasn't there but there is always Ascot for a crazy hat :) Though she has been doing a fantastic job as of late.

Catherine looked lovely, the coatdress looked better standing than when she was riding in the carriage. And while the black and white is not a standout item, she didn't take away from the star of the day:

The Birthday Girl/Woman/Queen - Queen Elizabeth.....Long May She Reign!

Old 06-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Amen!
This really makes me even more excited for next year and the Jubilee Celebrations!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Having a look at the family balcony shot - ive so far identified Duke and Duchess of Kent, Earl and Countess of St Andrews with their two daughters Lady Marina and Lady Amalia, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and Lady Frederick Windsor, Duke of Gloucester, Gary Lewis, George Gilman, Countess of Ulster, Lady Helen Taylor, and her 4 children, Viscountess Linley and Margarita Armstrong Jones, Princess Alexandra, Julia Oglivy and her two children (Flora and a boy) Arthur and Daniel Chatto, Earl and Countess of Wessex and Louise, Duke of York, Princess Eugenie, Princess Anne and Tim, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh

Think there a few hidden in shots

Old 06-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder why Andrew was not wearing a military uniform?

(He's actually entitled to!)
Old 06-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

Does anyone have a picture that include the Duchess of Kent?
Old 06-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Courtier

Can anyone identify for me what uniform Prince Edward is wearing?? Looks good!

It's a shame that here in Canada we can't see it, but I doubt that enough people would get up so early to watch it to make it worthwhile for the CBC to buy the broadcast rights. :(
Old 06-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

I wonder who will become Colonel of the Grenadiers once Prince Philip either retires or is not longer with us. Harry or Andrew?
Old 06-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Looking on the balcony photos,I can conclude that the whole atmosphere is very facinating,especially admiring William and Kate.I am glad that the most of Kents were present,though I wonder why the other closer relatives were not present on the balcony.If I am not mistaken,Princess Beatrice ,Lord Nicholas Windsor,Lord Downpatrick and Lord Fredrick Windsor were absent.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Can anyone identify for me what uniform Prince Edward is wearing?? Looks good!

I don't know why, but it always annoys me to see Edward in uniform when he never served.

I suppose I'm unreasonable, since others in the RF didn't either, but it just seems like self-aggrandizement to me.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

Wow! I must have missed that big picture anyone have the link?
Hahaha! Ok who said what to make Catherine react like that and Harry do so....? Cute pic!

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...ty-Images-News

I just keep finding new ones I love-
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TsJcCaq-Hk...dddd%252C2.jpg
Old 06-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Old 06-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Wow! I must have missed that big picture anyone have the link?
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 06-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't know why, but it always annoys me to see Edward in uniform when he never served.

I suppose I'm unreasonable, since others in the RF didn't either, but it just seems like self-aggrandizement to me.
Haven't we had discussion about his uniforms?
It certainly is a new one which I have never seen before and google isn't answer my many search questions.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

Haven't we had discussion about his uniforms?
It certainly is a new one which I have never seen before and google isn't answer my many search questions.
Per Twitter-
@orderofsplendor Prince Andrew has no army appointments, hence why no uniform. Edward on the other hand does, hence the uniform.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Apparently Beatrice is at a wedding this afternoon with Catherine, (info courtesy of Mia_mae), so I wonder why she didn't show herself today.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

Also I was hoping to see Zara & Mike and Peter and Autumn :(
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Its funny how we see what we see. I definitely felt I was looking at a functional family with complicated - but working - relationships. However, I did not see happiness - I saw 'good form'. Practiced smiles, betraying nothing. Newlyweds are always happy and everyone likes to look at pretty people in love - so they don't count. (Besides which, old aunties are demanding - its been over a month since the wedding - where's the baby!?! )

It strikes me how complex and difficult it must be to be 'on show' like that - watched in the nano-seconds, pictures popping left and right. To me the Duchess of Cornwall looked strained in the carriage - who knows why - shoes pinching her feet, lumbago acting up - I jest, but you know what I mean. One wonders, though, of the story behind that moment caught, or was it just the camera being unforgiving?

What do you say to each other standing up there on the balcony being watched? Especially as one knows there are lip-readers hanging on every utterance. It looks so uncomfortable to me - like something endured.

So we see something different - each of us. I saw 'good form'. And complexity.

Where was Princess Anne? Especially as I thought I saw her husband behind the Queen - or was I mistaken?

Its always charming seeing little children up there - what an experience it must be for them!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Were Peter, Autumn, Zara, or Mike even there? I noticed none of them attended Epsom either.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour