The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you all for posting. How wonderful to see almost the ENTIRE Royal Family..immediate and cousins on the balcony.

Question: If the Queen asks her first cousins too and their families...why is the Earl of Harewood branch always ignored? You NEVER see at least the Earl and his current wife...

Also, I know I am going to sound..bitchy..but I am almost happy Bea and Eugenie were not there....saved me from seeing what outfits they cound screw up this year. I am sorry..but those young ladies seriously need help with their attire for these occasions.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Administrator

As the discussion on Prince William's resemblance was mirroring that taking place in the Garter thread, it too has been moved to the Family Resemblances thread.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Princess Michael just wanted to be noticed in my eyes. She shouldn't of been directly behind the Queen. She was just being pushy.
Maybe, but here's a picture of the Royal Family on the balcony. You'd be hard-pressed picking out Princess Michael without a telephoto lens or binoculars (or magnifying glass).
If she was really so determined to be noticed I would expect her to be in the front row rather than standing at the back.

--> Balcony
Old 06-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Picture of a soldier who fainted just as the Queen rode past from a good number of years ago as the Queen is still riding not in a carriage

Old 06-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.royalpress.nl/categories.php?cat_id=346
Old 06-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

I totally agree with Warren about the Princess Michael thing. I remember last year when she wasn't in the middle but was further down the line standing next to Prince William and certain people said that she did that to get in the photos so she can't win. In recent years such as 2007 and 2004 she was right at the very end but the minute she stands next to a senior Royal she's accused of being pushy. Really unfair on her I think as trooping seems to be a bit higgilty piggilty ie it must be difficult to know who you you will end up next to when the entire family pours onto the balcony. Sophie for one didn't seem to think there was a problem as I watched the BBC coverage and she and Princess M were talking and laughing away together.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looking at that balcony photo I am reminded of that comment allegedly made by Prince Philip that Diana would breed some height into the line. If he indeed said it, he was right! Look at Harry & William towering over the rest of them. I didn't know Harry was so tall.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Administrator

It is great to see everyone particularly the Duchess of Kent! And the Kent grandchildren...where have the years gone! Lady Marina and Lady Charlotte look lovely?

No sighting of Marina Olgivy and her kids? Great to see Lady Rose and Lady Davina and their husbands as well.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Kent was there? Where was she standing?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Yes, she was there - hiding behind (I think) Lady Marina-Charlotte and Lady Amelia. Here's my Mad Hattery post on her chapeau ... Trooping the Colour: HRH The Duchess of Kent.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for this, Ella Kay. I didn't think that she'd been at official events for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Yes, she was there - hiding behind (I think) Lady Marina-Charlotte and Lady Amelia. Here's my Mad Hattery post on her chapeau ... Trooping the Colour: HRH The Duchess of Kent.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

She was at the unveiling of the statue of the Queen Mum earlier this year, but that's the only other appearance in my recent memory.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Administrator

While Trooping is an "official" event it also seems one of the very few annual occasions when the extended Royal Family get together.
In the 'balcony shot' alone there are about 40 members of the family.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
She was at the unveiling of the statue of the Queen Mum earlier this year, but that's the only other appearance in my recent memory.
Yes Katherine doesn't attend royal events that often. She even has asked to be known as Katherine, Duchess of Kent a title usually held for widows or divourced peeresses. It's a shame she is a wonderful woman. It would be nice to see more of her.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
Thank you all for posting. How wonderful to see almost the ENTIRE Royal Family..immediate and cousins on the balcony.

Question: If the Queen asks her first cousins too and their families...why is the Earl of Harewood branch always ignored? You NEVER see at least the Earl and his current wife...
Thats what I'd like to know too! His mother was King Georges daughter and well respected...

So, heres a video about the flypast in the end of it. You can see the family and IMO Princess M don't pushes in the middle. But I don't want to start that discussion again

Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 AM

Is there any live video from this version of trooping the colour 2003?
I searched a lot but couldnt find it. Also tried the BBC (a year ago) but They didnt answered yet .
Old 05-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I am going to be in London at the time of this years Trooping and thought it might be nice to go down too the Mall and stand and watch the procession go past and then wait for the flyover - have any of the other members stood on the Mall and watched the procession maybe you could offer some tips
is the veiw from the Mall worth the wait and crowds???
what time would be best to go down for to get at the front of the barriers? advice from the Palace is to start assembling from 9am but i thought this was quite late to get the best vantage point?
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

I had a ticket for the stands in 2008, and was waiting along the Mall beforehand at around 8:30, and people were just starting to arrive to stand along the route.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who will Troop the Color this year anway what Regiment
Old 05-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

It will be the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards. The colour they will be trooping will be presented to them in just a few hours by the Queen.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour