The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2008, 02:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
No, I've seen that photo Charles is leaning on the pillar of the palace, and Camilla has her hands by her side.
I have looked again, but I still think his lower arm and hand are sort of sticking out toward Camilla, who appears to be standing right beside him rather than slightly in front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blodie
But if you want to keep the picture on the computer you should right click then press "Save Picture As", if your computer works like that.
Many thanks, have done just that.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure if this bit of information has been posted or not, but someone has uploaded the entire Trooping the Colour 2008 on You Tube.

Click the link below which will display the entire day via video from the BBC.

YouTube - ghbg00107's Channel

Old 06-17-2008, 05:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

A few more nice pics
MediumPhoto
Old 06-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Nobility

Really wonderful to see the two towering Princes William and Harry of Wales. So handsome and impressive in their army uniforms and William with the Garter sash too!

The Royal ladies all looked wonderful. I wish they would stop referring to the Duchess of Cornwall as Camilla Parker-Bowles and the Countess of Wessex as Sophie Rhys-Jones in those sites that post pictures of these events. They are Windsors by marriage. But they should just stick to referring to them by their Royal titles like we do to the Duchess of Gloucester, Duchess of Kent and Princess Michael of Kent. Most of us do not even know what their own real names are.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:09 PM

found a better photo at last - It's Eloise Taylor

Photo Search - eloise taylor - Jamd

Thanks for trying anyway
Old 06-19-2008, 03:13 AM
Gentry

Smile

Scotty, that photo of the 2007 Trooping is definitely not Eloise Taylor.

Eloise is only 5 years old. The girl in that photo is most likey the daughter of the Earl of St Andrews.

I'd say the photo agency got it wrong.

The little girl at the 2008 Trooping is Eloise, Estella is probably just a little too young at 3 years old. Hopefully next year we will see the entire Taylor family on the balcony.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Administrator

The caption of the pic in Scotty's link says 17 June 2006.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Gentry

Sorry Scotty and Warren, my mistake. Lady Helen wore similar outfits to 2006 and 2007 and I got mixed up.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

This year

Can someone identify the children on the right side of the picture.

I know they must be the Kents grabnd-children, but which is who ?
On the far right it's Columbus and I assume lady Helen is talking to Cassius.Or is it her nephew Edward ?
What about the girls ?

The British Royals Message Board: And the "jolly bunch" of royals on the balcony (sorry, BIG picture)

Thanks in advance
Old 02-02-2009, 07:56 PM

I realise there a bit out of date, but here are some of my pictures from 2007 Trooping the Colour

These photographs were taken by RoyalProtocol at Trooping the Colour 2007 and are reproduced by him

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...l/7044777D.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...l/16953393.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...l/BE21A88F.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...ol/4494619.jpg

God Save The Queen!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Trooping the Colour - 13 June 2009

The Queen's Colour of a battalion of Foot Guards is 'trooped' (carried along the ranks) each year before the Sovereign. Only one colour can be trooped at a time, and the five Household Regiments - Grenadier, Coldstream, Scots, Irish and Welsh Guards take their turn each year.

The ceremony derives from two old military ceremonies, Trooping the Colour and Mounting The Queen's Guard. The origin of the ceremony goes back to the early eighteenth century, and possibly even earlier, when the guards and sentries for the Royal Palaces and other important buildings in the capital were mounted daily on the parade ground by the Horse Guards building.

A feature of guard mounting was for the colours of the battalion to be carried (or 'trooped') slowly down the ranks so that they could be seen and recognised by the soldiers. In 1748 it was ordered that this parade would also mark the official birthday of the Sovereign. From the accession of George IV the parade became - with the few exceptions of two World Wars and a parade cancellation in 1955 caused by a national rail strike - an annual event.

The Queen's Birthday Parade will be held on Saturday 13th June 2009 on Horse Guards Parade when The Colour will be Trooped by 1st Battalion Irish Guards in the presence of Her Majesty.

source: www.royal.gov.uk

Old 05-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Time

Queen leaves Buckingham Palace 10.40am

Parade starts 11am

Precisely as the clock on the Horse Guards Building strikes eleven, the Royal Procession arrives at Horseguards Parade and The Queen takes the Royal Salute.
The parade begins with the Inspection, The Queen driving slowly down the ranks of all eight Guards and then past the Household Cavalry.

After the event, the Royal Family gathers on the balcony of Buckingham Palace to watch an RAF fly past at 1pm.

You can take a trip down memory lane by reviewing previous Trooping the Colour http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...008-a-9989.htm

Old 06-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

BBC NEWS | UK | Dressing for a birthday parade (Video)

Some 1,700 soldiers, led by the First Battalion Irish Guards, will parade in London in full regimental dress at Trooping the Colour on Saturday to mark the Queen's official birthday.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Anyone know how to stream this for us in Canada and the US. I tried BBC One's streamer but all I get is "not available in this country" And none of my satellite's have BBC One either so I'm doomed.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

You'll probably be out of luck unless they put up a special internationally-available live feed when it happens. They didn't in 2006 or 2007 (I wasn't checking last year, since I was there in person), so I doubt they will this year.

The only viable option I've seen is hoping someone uploads the whole thing to YouTube sometime after the fact.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Heir Apparent

^Thanks, I know one user uploaded the whole thing last year, actually he got almost every royal event last year up, I hope he continues and does it this year. I kinda wish CBC would show it , I mean she is our Queen too the least they could do is let us see her birthday parade. Oh well.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:58 AM
Majesty

I think it comes down to ratings.

Would it rate in Canada?

I doubt if it would rate here. We didn't even get the whole of the 50th Jubilee celebrations. I was watching it early in the morning on Sky News UK but it wasn't on any of the free - to -air networks until about 2/3rds of the way through and then only the ABC showed it (same feed as I had been watching on SkyNews UK).

When I got to work and mentioned watching it no one else was interested at all.

For an annual event - there is no way we would get to see it. If we are lucky we might get a short 30 sec segment in the News. The royals aren't newworthy on a day to day basis in Australia any more - their scandals, weddings, and deaths rate but not things the Queen does every year.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:11 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

For an annual event - there is no way we would get to see it. If we are lucky we might get a short 30 sec segment in the News. The royals aren't newworthy on a day to day basis in Australia any more - their scandals, weddings, and deaths rate but not things the Queen does every year.
Same thing here.
Thank God we have You Tube!
Old 06-13-2009, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I know what you mean, I'm shocked we got the coverage we did when Harry went to the US like 2 weeks ago, the only thing I ever hear about the Royals is they're scandals. When William screwed up last year with the RAF it got headline news on my local news channel, but they would never dare to mention the Queen's birthday. Oh well I guess I'll be able to see pics in the morning when I get up. And I so agree thank God for youtube otherwise I'd be screwed.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I would think that the ABC would broadcast it, especially now that there is also ABC2 and ABC HD. It had live coverage whne Quentin Bryce and Micheal Jeffery were sworn in as Governor-General and the Trooping of the Colour sort of runs along the same lines. I'd have thought it would have been on in the middle of the night in Australia anyway and there is nothing on any of the channels except shopping so there is really no excuse.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour